It’s Soup Season! Here Are 21 of the Best High-Fiber Soup Recipes To Make for Dinner

Olde Hornet

21 High-Fiber Soup Recipes for Dinner​

1. Caldo verde: Portuguese potato and kale soup​

This recipe from Chef Darshana Thacker's Forks Over Knives cookbook combines fiber and vitamin rockstars, kale and carrots, with cold-weather spice cinnamon for a fragrant, filling meal. The one pitfall? It lacks protein (6.7 grams).

"Traditionally, Caldo Verde is made with sausage, so adding a chicken or turkey sausage can keep it lean and provide balance," Gaw says. "To keep it vegetarian, consider adding white kidney or garbanzo beans."

Fiber (per serving): 25.6 grams

Get the recipe for Calrdo Verde

2. Slow cooker black bean soup​

11,12,17,18 & 21

11 with wild rice
12 with white meat chicken
17 with ground turkey
18 good the way it is
21 add sliced smoked turkey link, cooked separate

Last edited:

21 High-Fiber Soup Recipes for Dinner​

1. Caldo verde: Portuguese potato and kale soup​

This recipe from Chef Darshana Thacker's Forks Over Knives cookbook combines fiber and vitamin rockstars, kale and carrots, with cold-weather spice cinnamon for a fragrant, filling meal. The one pitfall? It lacks protein (6.7 grams).

"Traditionally, Caldo Verde is made with sausage, so adding a chicken or turkey sausage can keep it lean and provide balance," Gaw says. "To keep it vegetarian, consider adding white kidney or garbanzo beans."

Fiber (per serving): 25.6 grams

Get the recipe for Calrdo Verde

2. Slow cooker black bean soup​

One of my neighbors from Ghana cooked peanut butter soup a couple of weeks ago. It was delicious. Today, she's cooking goat ear soup. I'm gone pass on that though. I don't eat pig ears, goat ears, etc.

Do you eat ham??? keep in mind, ham is the hogs' ass/ hips. 🤣 🤣 Pay me no mind, I am just mashing yo taters. 🤣
I eat ham. The lady ended up cooking goat meat but not the ears. It was actually good. She cooked the goat and it was tender like a beef roast. The soup was spicy but good.

Back