Is Valentine's Day outdated?

Blacknbengal

Just a question to see what lies beneath. I mean after all has been done year after year. Candy giving, jewerly giving, eating at restaurants, flower giving, card giving, etc..... What else could be done? If you express your "Love" everyday with your significant other, then what special gift have you left to give on Valentine's Day? If you are use to getting gifts for no particular special reason, then is Valentine's Day STILL considered special?

I would love to hear you all's comments. :D

It's a very commercial holiday. Why go out and pay $100 to eat at a restaurant they make you wait 2 hours to eat at and you you can't even enjoy gazing in each other's eyes because it's too crowded and noisey? Why pay double for a dozen roses? Why buy nasty candy in paper box and guess what it's filled with? The only thing good about the holiday is the color. :D

It really just depends on the couple. For me, he better "valentine" me all year long in a very unique and creative way to where I won't have to wait on a day in Feb. just to get something nice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think valentine day is grossly overrated. I agree with JSTUS. Valentine is very commercial. I don't have to wait until Feb. 14th to give my sweetie candy. "L" she don't like candy anyway. She don't particularly care for roses either. So I just do other things for her through out the year for no particular reason (other than the fact that she puts up with my crazy azz.) :)

Back