Is the "gossip" about Lauryn Hill true?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I got one of those "FWD:" emails from a budy about Lauryn Hill allegedly catching her man with her cousin/stylist and them allegedly having had a child from the affair. Has anyone read of this account? If that's a true story,,,, man, that is BREWTAL.:( Man, how did Lauryn navigate that situation if it is truy?(rhetorical question) Very unfortunate if it is true.:(

I don't know if its true or not but I do know her and Rohan aren't together anymore and she is very depressed about it. She did small concert in NY with just an acustic guitar and she broke down crying in part of it. The MTV news person were saying whe was very solemen and depressed.:( I wondered if her and Rohan were ever married. Man If it is true I hate to hear the next CD she comes out with......:bawling: :bawling:

Lifted straight from EURweb

LAURYN HILL GETS EMOTIONAL
Grammy winning singer does tearful set.

Lauryn Hill
(Jul. 6, 2001) *Yes, L Boogie is on her way back. Lauryn Hill debuted six of her new songs last Wednesday at the International African Arts Festival. No word on whether the songs will appear on her next album, but fans were elated just the same. News reports say that the former Fugee and mega Grammy winner struggled through a set that dealt with emotional pain, spirituality, and social awareness - quite true to form. It was reported that Hill, who's rumored to be going 'through some things,' broke down in tears in the middle of her performance, but continued.
Hill's next project, the follow-up to her very successful "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill," currently has no release date.

Originally posted by jelli
I Man If it is true I hate to hear the next CD she comes out with......:bawling: :bawling:

I don't know about that.:)
Sometimes, heartache can bring out your best work!

Take early Sade for instance...she cas goin' thru some thangs, and the music she released during those teams was off da hook! :D

Originally posted by Ntelekt

I don't know about that.:)
Sometimes, heartache can bring out your best work!

Take early Sade for instance...she cas goin' thru some thangs, and the music she released during those teams was off da hook! :D
I don't doubt its going to be good but its going really make you feel some thangs. I mean I felt her song Ex-factor and I aint even been through nothing like that but I felt girls pain. So I know I'm going to be :bawling: :bawling: with the next cd.

Putting fragments together.

Yeah, all this seems to tie into the original email that was forwarded to me. I would like to paste what was sent to me via email by friends , but I don't know if the info is legit and I don't know the original source. If anyone can reference an article on this topic please jump in, otherwise I need to investigate the authenticity of this email sent to me, but it sounds plausible based on what i'm hearing from the replies.

I guess I'm just missing something...

...because I swear I'm not feelin' this chic nor her music.

:rolleyes:

Who cares...

Lauryn makes tight music.
Who cares about all the other stuff....You'll never know the truth anyway. It must be human nature to try and find out other peoples business. This ain't no topic....uuuuhhhhh..."what's going on in Lauryn Hill's life." Did we add a Cosmo Forum up in here or sumthin....?

Re: I guess I'm just missing something...

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
...because I swear I'm not feelin' this chic nor her music.

:rolleyes:

Yes you are missing something. Are you deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other?

when Im on the road Lauryn Hill last album is a must to listen too!!!!:)

My favorite song izzzzzzzz well forget it!!! the whole cd is riding fa sho still after 3 years :D

A la Phil Collins, "No Reply at All".

Yes Dtown, her music is not for everyone, although from a strictly vocal standpoint, she has a very unique sound. She mixes R&B and HH well also.

Quote:
"Lauryn makes tight music.
Who cares about all the other stuff....You'll never know the truth anyway. It must be human nature to try and find out other peoples business. This ain't no topic....uuuuhhhhh..."what's going on in Lauryn Hill's life." Did we add a Cosmo Forum up in here or sumthin....?"

Wouldn't it have been best for you to simply ignore this thread and not give this kind of stuff the time of day? When I go into the grocery store, I see the tabloids and after one sampling of their content early in my adult life, I have ignored them and never bought them because I feel about them the way you feel about the original post on Lauryn Hill. You should do the same to threads like this if they offend you so.

Back