IN SHOCKING MOVE COMEGY SAYS NO THANKS, LEAVES JSU

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
CL

JACKSON, Miss. - In what was a shocking move Saturday morning, new JSU head football coach Rick Comegy, who many considered a perfect fit for JSU's embattled football program, decided he wanted no parts of the deal.

In a short letter to athletic director Robert Braddy, Comegy resigned, leaving JSU fans, players and staff in disbelief.

"We (administration) have to get together and figure out what our next step will be," said Braddy. "It's too early to say one way or the other right now what will happen. All we know for sure is that he (Comegy) will not be our coach this season."

A crowd of about two-hundred turned out to the T.B. Ellis Football Complex after word of the resignation spread accross campus. Students and alumni alike had many questions for Braddy and other university officials on hand.

"I don't understand how this could happen right now," said JSU student government president Ralph Means. "I know the people on swacpage are going to have a ball with this, until they realize it's a April fools joke."

Braddy says a committee will be formed as soon as possible to find a replacement. Meanwhile, football players and other members of the coaching staff, all of whom say they are staying put, will continue with their routine.

www.clarionledger.com

april fools right. bad part is though it would be surprising.....it would be believable....after all, he has done it before. lol.

"I don't understand how this could happen right now," said JSU student government president Ralph Means. "I know the people on swacpage are going to have a ball with this, until they realize it's a April fools joke."

I'm glad I re-read this story and caught this part.

There are too many chicken and hamburger joints in Jackson for Comegys to leave. If Popeyes had closed, I would have believed you.

JACKSON, Miss. - In what was a shocking move Saturday morning, new JSU head football coach Rick Comegy, who many considered a perfect fit for JSU's embattled football program, decided he wanted no parts of the deal.

In a short letter to athletic director Robert Braddy, Comegy resigned, leaving JSU fans, players and staff in disbelief.

"We (administration) have to get together and figure out what our next step will be," said Braddy. "It's too early to say one way or the other right now what will happen. All we know for sure is that he (Comegy) will not be our coach this season."

A crowd of about two-hundred turned out to the T.B. Ellis Football Complex after word of the resignation spread accross campus. Students and alumni alike had many questions for Braddy and other university officials on hand.

Braddy says a committee will be formed as soon as possible to find a replacement. Meanwhile, football players and other members of the coaching staff, all of whom say they are staying put, will continue with their routine.

"I told JSU there was a chance this could happen," former Norfolk State athletic director Orby Moss told the Clarion-Ledger late Saturday. "I know how it feels to be stood up at the alter. He left us the same way. Why do you think I'm the former AD."

Last time Comegy game to Crews he got beat worst than Bell lol..... and yall hired this man smh....

DAHILL said:
Last time Comegy game to Crews he got beat worst than Bell lol..... and yall hired this man smh....
He's better than any coach you got on your staff or has ever walked your sidelines. SMH at you for harping on what y'all did to his D2 school years ago. He's won. He's a winner. National Championship. Conference Championships. Bowl wins.

:smh:

Robber said:
He's better than any coach you got on your staff or has ever walked your sidelines. SMH at you for harping on what y'all did to his D2 school years ago. He's won. He's a winner. National Championship. Conference Championships. Bowl wins.

And (you wish) the man who can finally beat Bama State...:lmao: :lmao:

Man phuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug U NT!!!!!! :mad: :slap: :lmao: :emlaugh:

Yeah, U got me. lol I wasn't wishing it but I was damn near SHOCKED as heyell man! About to get on the bullhorn and inquire w/ the JSU world WTF was going on. Damn. I got hoodwinked. :smh:

Robber said:

does he have a losing record against AAMU?

NOISE TALKA said:
*picturing Mighty Dog clickin' on the thread like YES YES YES..... (reading).....DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM*

Now if you all don't raise that $55,000 to supplement his salary your April's Fool joke may become a reality. At the end of the 2006 season, the New South Mafia and the JSU Mafia led by TP will be saying this is only his first year.:hat:

MightyDog said:
Now if you all don't raise that $55,000 to supplement his salary your April's Fool joke may become a reality. At the end of the 2006 season, the New South Mafia and the JSU Mafia led by TP will be saying this is only his first year.:hat:

Mighty Dog,

U should have your hands full with all the problems at AAMU... We got this over here. ... trust me. lol.

Some times you just have to keep youself busy to divert your mind from your own problems. I wish A&M the best, from what I hear, you will need it. My prayers are with you guys.

J-State said:
Some times you just have to keep youself busy to divert your mind from your own problems. I wish A&M the best, from what I hear, you will need it. My prayers are with you guys.
Spill tha beans, JState. I'm sure the whole world wants to know what Annie Mae is doing up in those hills. :rolleyes:

Tigerpride said:
Does he have a losing record against Jones??

Unfair comparison.... Jones was at MOREHOUSE.... a school who traditionally doesnt support athletics at all... Morehouse aint won nothing since Jones left.

Back