I'm gonna come on here and say what I really feel about other bands for now on.

i used to think like that........ till they kept kickin my black azz off this wanch... i done had bout 5 names on here.....babygrand, grandGhova,all kindsa names and they kicked me off erry time.........you'll see sooner or later:eek2: :eek2:

Originally posted by Legend35
Go back and listen to some of your T-bone's fanfares. They sound familiar to me.

First off, Harmonical this thread was Ness.

Second....to legend35 Batch you from Grambling. Ask DESIREE' WHERE YA'LL GOT THE FANFARE CALLED JUICY. OR THE ONE YOU CALLED TX.SOU. WHEN YA'LL'S BONES STOOD UP TO PLAY. She crabbed here in '01. You talk shat about your t-bone section every time you come in reference to Tx.Sou. Ya'll got shut down so shut the f**k up. And you from Grambling! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BAND! Those "stolen" fanfares that Tx.Sou has been playing for eons now came from Will Thomas. The others are original. They were written by one of our drummers who also plays the boards. He wrote "Fantasy", and "Purple Rain" (which we didn't get a chance to bring out). Will Thomas' fanfares are exclusively routine in H-Town. There aren't too many t-bone fanfares in this state he hasn't touched. You lying mofo. I don't care if you are old school. I can't believe someone from gRAMBLING has the nerve to say someone is stealing. Ain't this the same gRAMBLING that faces SU every year and has gotten clowned every year by the ENTIRE CONFERENCE. :redhot:

Now I'm cool. Everybody continue back to their regularly scheduled whatever the fudge ya'll was doin.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by lilC

Second....to legend35 Batch you from Grambling. Ask DESIREE' WHERE YA'LL GOT THE FANFARE CALLED JUICY. OR THE ONE YOU CALLED TX.SOU. WHEN YA'LL'S BONES STOOD UP TO PLAY. She crabbed here in '01. You talk shat about your t-bone section every time you come in reference to Tx.Sou. Ya'll got shut down so shut the f**k up. And you from Grambling! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BAND! Those "stolen" fanfares that Tx.Sou has been playing for eons now came from Will Thomas. The others are original. They were written by one of our drummers who also plays the boards. He wrote "Fantasy", and "Purple Rain" (which we didn't get a chance to bring out). Will Thomas' fanfares are exclusively routine in H-Town. There aren't too many t-bone fanfares in this state he hasn't touched. You lying mofo. I don't care if you are old school. I can't believe someone from gRAMBLING has the nerve to say someone is stealing. Ain't this the same gRAMBLING that faces SU every year and has gotten clowned every year by the ENTIRE CONFERENCE. :redhot:

Now I'm cool. Everybody continue back to their regularly scheduled whatever the fudge ya'll was doin.
NESS.....Not worth an intelligent response.

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
I remember when the SWAC page use to be crunk. Everyone use to be on this piece, Now everybody kissing everybody arse on here, it's too political for me, hey , I don't need no friends on here. Yall new cats to damn soft too, somebody say something bout yall rinky dink band and yall want to jump out yall bodies. Well I'm gonna stir it up like coffee on here so get use to it.

Well, you go one and say what ya wanna ... just don't get pissy when you have to get a new name and re-register to say more.

*shrugs shoulders*

FOOTBALL SEASON, SEND HELP!!

I CAN'T HOLD MY TONGUE ON THIS ONE. TEXAS SOUTHERN AINT SHAT AND YOU ALL TLAK ABOUT GRAM, THE DRIDE UP OCEAN HAS NO RROM TO DOWN ANYONE ELSES BAND, AND STEALING DON'T GO THERE YOU ALL WANT TO BE LIKE SU SO BAD. GRAMBLINGS ARRANGEMENTS MAY NOT BE ON POINT, BUT TEXAS SOUTHERNS' ARE JUST PLAIN POTHETIC, NOTHING BUT WHOLE NOTES AND AN ELEMENTARY MELODY . FIELD SHOWS ARE LAME DRILL DOWN FIELD EVERY YEAR TO THAT OLD sTu. PlLAYED IN THE STONE FOR A DOWN FILED DRILL FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CRITICIZE. NO ONE WANTS TO STEAL FROM TEXAS SOUTHERN BECAUSE THEXAS SOUTHERN IS THE MASTER OF STEALING IF YOU WANNA GO THERE. I'M NOT GOING TO LIE BUT SU DID GET DEEP INTO GRAM THIS PAST SEASON BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ALL BLEW THEM OUT EITHER DUMB ARSE. LEGEND I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO KEEP MY COOL.

dude face it, this thread sucks! If u got something to say about a band, be a man and say it, don't hide behind stupid stereotypes of Greek organizations.

P.S. I'm gonna ask u to keep the name of Alpha out of your mouth

Originally posted by usa today
I'M NOT GOING TO LIE BUT SU DID GET DEEP INTO GRAM THIS PAST SEASON BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ALL BLEW THEM OUT EITHER DUMB ARSE.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :flippy: :flippy:

Originally posted by lilC

mane!!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2:
we got some hostility built up...................now walk it off....

Originally posted by Devil's Gun Trigger Man
dude face it, this thread sucks! If u got something to say about a band, be a man and say it, don't hide behind stupid stereotypes of Greek organizations.

P.S. I'm gonna ask u to keep the name of Alpha out of your mouth
Agreed

Man oasis of soul boy what the he** you talking about ask yourself this why did Deseary leave TSU huh? Good thought isn't maybe you all were too garbage for her. And I must say remember you all are Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas not Southern Unversity Baton Rouge, Louisiana or Scottlandville which ever you wanna call it. So why do you all play Let Your Mind Be Free same arrangement In The Stone same arrangement and Talking Out The Side of Your Neck 95% the same arrangement of Southern University. What all do you know about a dang 2nd Line band huh. Nothing what so ever you all are from Texas the place where they have screw and all that stuff but not 2nd Line.

Now as much as I dog TSU, even I have to say that that statement was a bunch of BS. Anybody with a remotely musical ear can tell that none of the arrangements you mention resemble an SU arrangement. Same song, yes. Same arrangement, not even close. Especially Neck.

Are you even in a band??

:cool: :cool: DUDE I GO TO PV AND I CRABBED IN 97, AND FOR AS LONG AS I COULD REMEMBER TSU HAS ALWAYS PLAYED NECK. I THOUGHT SU STARTED PLAYING NECK IN 99,LET ME KNOW I MIGHT BE WRONG. AS FOR BANDS STEALING WHEN EVER ANYBODY PATTENS A SONG THEN IT WOULD BE STEALING. JUST BECAUSE A BAND PLAYS A POPULAR SONG DOES THAT MEAN THAT OTHER BANDS SHOULDN'T PLAY THE SAME SONG.

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

Here's my 2 cents

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
SU Band act like Alphas, they always think they Runnin thangs.

Grambling band act like Kappas, they think they too pretty , too good to put they horn down.

J-State Band act like Omegas, they always trying to show they azz.

UAPB band act like Sigmas, always trying to prove they just as good as everyone else.

Mississippi Valley band act like Iota's, Don't nobody give a ish about them.

Alabama State band act like AKA's, They ain't been through nothing to good in they band program, THEY ALL PAPER.

Alcorn Band act like Sigma Gamma Rho's, Where do the F***K they be at?

P.V. band act like Delta's, they talk to damn much.

Alabama A&M band act like Kappa Sweethearts, they just wanna be down.

TxSU is like those individuals who go to every greek an non greek open house year and year and get rejected because you all suffer with an identity crisis. One year, TxSU wants to be like SU, then PVU, JSU, etc. Instead of going stricking with one tradition you steal one and mimic it year after year!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by usa today
I CAN'T HOLD MY TONGUE ON THIS ONE. TEXAS SOUTHERN AINT SHAT AND YOU ALL TLAK ABOUT GRAM, THE DRIDE UP OCEAN HAS NO RROM TO DOWN ANYONE ELSES BAND, AND STEALING DON'T GO THERE YOU ALL WANT TO BE LIKE SU SO BAD. GRAMBLINGS ARRANGEMENTS MAY NOT BE ON POINT, BUT TEXAS SOUTHERNS' ARE JUST PLAIN POTHETIC, NOTHING BUT WHOLE NOTES AND AN ELEMENTARY MELODY . FIELD SHOWS ARE LAME DRILL DOWN FIELD EVERY YEAR TO THAT OLD sTu. PlLAYED IN THE STONE FOR A DOWN FILED DRILL FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CRITICIZE. NO ONE WANTS TO STEAL FROM TEXAS SOUTHERN BECAUSE THEXAS SOUTHERN IS THE MASTER OF STEALING IF YOU WANNA GO THERE. I'M NOT GOING TO LIE BUT SU DID GET DEEP INTO GRAM THIS PAST SEASON BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ALL BLEW THEM OUT EITHER DUMB ARSE. LEGEND I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO KEEP MY COOL.

Let's analyze Grambling:
Your sound is water thin
Your dancing girls take away from the field presence of your band
your drills are non-existent. Don't start that same old song same old drill with me like you always try to do with SU. YOU HAVEN'T PUT TOGETHER A NON REDUNDANT DRILL OR FIELD SHOW WORTH SHAT SINCE ABOUT '91.
And she probably left TSU for her own business. I know I'm right about where you got "Juicy" (the trombone fanfare) from. That fanfare was played here first. It's a traditional fanfare here.
Tx.Sou was the first band to play or march to Neck, get it right. And you don't have ears. Matter of fact, I bet there is no one from SU who would agree with you that our arrangement of Neck is anywhere close to being similar to theirs and NEVER HAS BEEN. Even "let your mind be free". The only reason this band played "let your mind be free" was because it goes with another original Ocean tune....."Don't mess with my Toot-Toot". I try to never smack any band, even gRambling but I see why cats from SU clown ya'll so much. ALL YA'LL DO IS TALK. I through with it.

Originally posted by World Famed
Man oasis of soul boy what the he** you talking about ask yourself this why did Deseary leave TSU huh? Good thought isn't maybe you all were too garbage for her. And I must say remember you all are Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas not Southern Unversity Baton Rouge, Louisiana or Scottlandville which ever you wanna call it. So why do you all play Let Your Mind Be Free same arrangement In The Stone same arrangement and Talking Out The Side of Your Neck 95% the same arrangement of Southern University. What all do you know about a dang 2nd Line band huh. Nothing what so ever you all are from Texas the place where they have screw and all that stuff but not 2nd Line.

And another thing. Folk in Houston have been second lining since there were blacks living in Houston. It's part of Houston culture too. I bet you never even been here before. B!tch. Tx.Sou been playing 2nd line since around '76 anyway. You from gRambling. YOU DON'T KNOW SHAT!

Originally posted by mellopower97
[B I THOUGHT SU STARTED PLAYING NECK IN 99,LET ME KNOW I MIGHT BE WRONG.
[/B]
we started playin neck in 97 bruh.......we had at least 2 different arrangements before this one though.............

Originally posted by C-Murder
we started playin neck in 97 bruh.......we had at least 2 different arrangements before this one though.............
Yea....the one now is just the one from 97, but rehanced. And, I also heard 95 had a version that never made it out of the bandhall.

That's the ones I know about.

MVSU came across the field at Grambling doing neck in the 80's and Grambling responded with the same tune at that game. I think when Cameo first came out with it, everyone in the SWAC was playing it (I really don't know). It has just been re-surfaced in the 90's.

Originally posted by Legend35
MVSU came across the field at Grambling doing neck in the 80's and Grambling responded with the same tune at that game. I think when Cameo first came out with it, everyone in the SWAC was playing it (I really don't know). It has just been re-surfaced in the 90's.

All the bands were playing 'NECK' as ya'll call it since 1983 when it first came out.

Thank you so much,....Hey,... why are we waisting time on this thread??? Some of these people's post are just down right ignorant and stupid. Not an intellectual discussion at all.

Look man you can say what ever you want to say on the page I really just don't appreciate you comparing bands with greeks. As long as you stay on this page do me a favor keep Kappa Alpha Psi out of you MUTHA FREAKING MOUTH and that aint no joke you don't know what it means to be a Kappa. Man if any if of my brothers new you, you probably would be getting your arse beat and I also see that you didn't compare Kappa Kappa Psi with any band that reallywas your best bet because you really would be getting your Arse beat down.:redhot: :mad: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Back