if you stay in Houston and follow the HS football playoffs...

T

The Panther Fan

you already know the biggest game of the year happens Friday when nationally ranked North Shore faces off against undefeated Houston Madison with their 6-5 star quarterback Vincent Young.

Madison finally got over the suburban hump and whipped Katy the other night to set up this battle. Although the score is deceiving, North Shore barely defeated Aldine Nimitz last weekend to advance.

NS has a great rushing attack but their defense is horrible. Nimitz was matching NS in the first half touchdown for touchdown. They turned the ball over twice at the end of the half and let NS jump out and score early to gain momentum in the second half. NS cannot defend the run well and fall to the playaction pass easily. They give receivers a five-yard cushion.

If Vincent Young has a good night, it is all over for NS. The man can hurt you on the air or on the ground, on offense or defense. Ask Katy. Their defense played its best game in years the other night.

Another good matchup will be Brenham and Bay City on Saturday. I saw both play this year and both have complete teams. Their squads can beat most 5A teams.

Whew, I cannot wait.
-----------------

as for other teams, there is some mad talent in these playoffs that some HBCU will benefit from. If I could offer scholarships on the spot, PV would be loaded. The players respect the program but money talks. Madison's RB said PV sent him a letter but I don't know if he responded yet. Their coach is from PV and I asked him if the 6-5 kid will start at PV next year, he said yeah but it sounded like if he's really trying to keep him home in Texas somewhere.

I wouldn't say North Shore has a terrible defense. You don't get to be the #1 team in the state of Texas with a bad defense.

I would love to see Madison win, though. I would also love to see Vincent Young in the SWAC, but I don't know if either will happen.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Forest Brook!

Hey my alma mater, Forest Brook (4A), finally made it past the Bi-District and into the regional semi's for the first time in school history. They play Jasper Saturday at six at Conroe Moorhead. I'm not exactly looking for the win, but I hope they have a good showing. It's the first time in school history we've made it this far, wish us luck!

I've never seen Vincent Young in action, but heard good things. I hope he chooses a HBCU, hopefully PV. Sell him the idea of being the STAR, bringing the program back to respectibility and even a championship, and and NFL franchise looking at him, maybe that'll entice him.

The Panther Fan, I need to get in touch with Kory (sp) if you still are in contact with him, tell him to e-mail MLittle577@aol, he'll know who it is, I need a favor from him.

Re: Forest Brook!

Originally posted by Bird123

I've never seen Vincent Young in action, but heard good things. I hope he chooses a HBCU, hopefully PV. Sell him the idea of being the STAR, bringing the program back to respectibility and even a championship, and and NFL franchise looking at him, maybe that'll entice him.

He'll be a STAR where ever he goes.

Don't get too excited. Vincent Young said he was leaning toward Florida State. As far as the RB from Madison going to PV......Why in the hell would he do that!!!:rolleyes: Naw itz all good. Maybe he will.

The way his coach sounded when I asked him is that the thought has came up. Knowing him though, he's off to some out-of-state school where he'll play defense and offense until he settles down.

J4L

North Shore just scores everytime they touch the ball. They let an average Nimitz team have 300 yards of offense on them. NS looked confused at times out there. Several times a Nimitz receiver found himself wide open on plays.

Their district is weak, easy to look good.

Y'all H-towners betta' recognize where the BALANCE of talent has shifted in Tejas.

The D/FW metroplex has some STRONG teams... Okay, seriously, I don't follow the 5-A ball here anymore. I've paid VERY close attention to the 4A level and let me say one word.... Ennis. 'Nuff said. I think Ennis and Corsicanna are due to clash in the playoffs. Both of them ARE OVERLY strong and used the D/FW 4A squads for floss during the last 2 playoff games.

One of those squads will be state champs Div I or II. Lamarque and Tx City are a thing of the past. :emlaugh: As much as I'd like to see Forest Brook make it, they won't get past Brenham if they clash. Them country boyz know how to run that ball (especially w/ that BIG FAST back that's there).

As far as 5A competition here, there is no one stronger team than the other (from what I've been able to tell). I'll give some 411 as soon as I get it.

L8R! Snow storm has started!

if you know how to talk to Young and put some quality players around him, it is possible. You would have to recruit 3 or 4 of his homeboys just to make him open his eyes.

Pison, it is SE Texas' title to lose. Westlake faces weak competition in region 4, Westfield and the Woodlands are cleaning up region 2 and Midland Lee in Region 1 is average this year. Region 3 has the best teams and talent from top to bottom.

Ennis? LOL
The winner will be Bay City or Brenham

awwwwwwwwwwwww..... LOL

SE Tx to lose? They were never in the running @ the 4A level. LOL I'm telling you now, but, believe me last year... Ennis or Corsicana will run (literally) away w/ the 4A title this year. Brenham is good. But, they're not as strong as Ennis/Corsicana. I think the country boyz durnt got PO'd @ the city boys and decided to whip up on EVERYBODY they encounter. Also, don't forget that Denton Ryan is making a LOT of noise this year. They have a 6-3 205lb-4.3 forty QB who's carrying them. I been tellin' this boy since his frosh high school year that he needs to be a PVer :emlaugh:. I think Notre and Michi and Okie and the rest of those other big programmes are on him like white on rice.

The Woodlands??? Engggh!!!!!! They've lost it. I was hoping that they'd do better because of the RB who is the son of one of my homeboys. They're not very balanced. They won't make it. Westlake is a lock (again). I'm looking for a team out of the East Tx to lock the 5-A Div I level. Mojo is dead, so...

Well my almamater Worthing got drove this past friday...44-0. I am proud that they made it to the second round of playoffs.

Pison, Bay City has their 4A division locked up. They are probably the most complete team in Texas as I type. They have two linebackers who are highly recruited. Their defense will not let you score on them.

Look what the Woodlands did to Copperas Cove, played with them. That broher running the ball for them is damn good. (Chris Easley) He runs at least a 4.4. TSU actually nabbed a Woodlands kid last year who sat out this year. When I was going to Dallas I saw a sign that said Hempstead, exit left. That's what we should be telling those boys up there, turn left on 1488 if you want to play ball. They damn near close to PV.

Jelli, Worthing got their heads beat in. They have no depth whatsoever. Hightower, which is called Willowridge HWY 6 Campus, had too much for them. Madison holds all of HISD in their hands.

They need to combine Jones and Sterling and rename it South Park High or something.

Jelli, I didn't know you went to Worthing. Check ya PM box.

Yeah Worthing's defense had its worst showing of the year against Hightower. They couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and Hightower pressured an injured Vincent Young into several mistakes. But I'm proud of the Colts. They finally won their first playoff game this year.....It's been a long time comin'......

O' Woooooorrthhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnggggg Hiiiiiiiiggghh.........

Ahhhhhhh.... I see you've been doing your homework really well. Yep, it's Chris Easley. His uncle, dad, and myself grew up together from kindergarten. I'm the youngest LOL :emlaugh: and they were my heroes ROTF. :D I chatted w/ Chris last summer and he said that Okla, UofTx, A&M, UofH, ... (Big 12 and the rest) were writing him constantly. I'm not sure where he's being pushed. At their family reunion, I mentioned PV (along w/ displaying my purple and gold love LOL) and SOME of his family looked at me like this over here------------------> :rolleyes:. LOL Go figure... He's a legit 4.4 forty according to Conroe sources. TSU and PV should try their darnest to nab a TON of talent from the greater Houston area. When they're through w/ Houston, they should THEN come to Dallas and the surrounding areas. Man, there's a TON of talent in even E Tx and I'll bet that ULL, LaTech, LSU, MissSt, et al will push hard to secure it!

Bay City? Weren't they the school that was 5A, then 4A, then 3A, then 4A, then 3A, then 4A, then 5A, then 4A, ... :rolleyes: LOL Man, they can't make up their minds what classification they want to be! LOL They USED to be the stuff back in the day, but, I'm telling you... I'm no proponent of NTx football, but, these boyz up hea' know how to RUN it, PASS it, and DEFEND it!!! :eek: 4A champ will be either of Denton Ryan, Ennis, or Corsicana. You heard it here first. Brenham will squash Bay City if they play them. I've been following their team (along w/ Waller, Montgomery, Magnolia, Oak Ridge, ... "L," the WHOLE dayum district for a while). "L," I've even been following old 100% anglo Splendora. Kicking arse @ the 3A level (reminds me of the old Southlake Carrol - dayum white boyz kicked everybody's arse consistently year in and year out like 2A Celina does).

5A? Well.... Traditional powers Kimball and Carter don't have ANY solid coaching or ANY solid talent due to the talent pool moving out to the burbs now (haven't made the playoffs in eons). "L", even dismal Lewisville, McKinney, and Flower Mound have dropped off due to the opening of another 5A school in the LISD along w/ several other districts that opened up other 5A schools which shrunk the athletic talent pool @ traditional powers. I wouldn't be surprised if MoJo sneaks up on everybody and wins it again. They don't have talent out there. They have tradition and they reload every single year. Very solid players and a solid program that starts when the kids are in the 7th grade.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well......

I'm going with Bay City all the way. Those kids got it all together. The coaches there have those kids primed and ready to take it all.

North Shore looks good, but when a team puts pressure on the quarterback with a good Blitz package, the O-line has issues. If a team can hang with them until halftime and then insert a nice Blitz, it's over! The coaches won't be able to save them.

From what I seen, Brenham will give Bay City a run for their money. Their running back, Donyell Jones, will run over you like a mack truck. If he's slowed, they got a 6-5 kid who will jump for the ball easily. Bay City's defense seems like they all run track. When my team played them they shut us down easily even though we have the district's leading rusher, passer and receiver.
Their too damn quick to do anything on. I think they wil remain in 4A, they are the district's second biggest school even though they are the biggest city in the district :rolleyes: go figure

The Woodlands kid, man...which kid doesn't say the usual UH, A&M, Rice, Colorado, etc? I talked to several players after the game with a Prairie View shirt and they never mentioned us. But one kid did say we sent him a letter.

I told the Worthing coach their QB, Shang Moore, will start for PV next year. They acted like I spit poison on them. Mind you not, their head coach is from Texas Southern and most of their students attend PV or TSU anyway. But put a brother in pads and they don't even look our way. I was told he likes Wisconsin :confused:

Man, these kids and these coaches these days are something else... Just something else....

:(

I'm checking out Denton Ryan tonight and will give you the 411 on their all-state 4X100 track team, I mean, the QB, RB, and 2 WRs :emlaugh: (they were state ranked last year as sophomores). These guys are highly recruited and I'll be dayumed if I let one of'em slip. I've already contacted Dorsey and he sed that he's on it. Signing day will tell the truth.

Looks like you guys should have been looking at Da Brook's track team, they're all on the football team, and they've been 4A track champs four straight years. Looks like they're slipping through the cracks. We lost one to Texas Tech last year who returned a kickoff for a TD in their opening game.

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
you already know the biggest game of the year happens Friday when nationally ranked North Shore faces off against undefeated Houston Madison with their 6-5 star quarterback Vincent Young.

If Vincent Young has a good night, it is all over for NS. The man can hurt you on the air or on the ground, on offense or defense. Ask Katy. Their defense played its best game in years the other night.

Well it's over for NS, 61-58. I don't think I have ever seen such an exciting game. Young passed for 177 yds, rushed for 192, three touchdowns. Madison had another kid that rushed for 129 yrs and North Shore had one that rushed for 291. Between the two teams there were 17 touchdowns, SMH.

Re: Re: if you stay in Houston and follow the HS football playoffs...

Originally posted by LMBH

Well it's over for NS, 61-58. I don't think I have ever seen such an exciting game. Young passed for 177 yds, rushed for 192, three touchdowns. Madison had another kid that rushed for 129 yrs and North Shore had one that rushed for 291. Between the two teams there were 17 touchdowns, SMH.

Does either one of these schools know how to play defense? Just asking.

IMO, yes, but both offenses were so talented and explosive that the defense was overshadowed for the most part. But, when a defensive stand was critical, Madison rose to the occassion.

With a game that had Pastor Kirby Jon Caldwell in the stands along with District D hopeful Ada Edwards watching, that game was probably the biggest event to hit Houston this year. You had people of all colors out there trying to watch Young in action. They opened the grey area of the dome, something I haven't seen in quite a long time. Easily 35K.

best HS game I seen ever. I told the few around me whoever scores last, or in this case the fastest, will win. Madison's team mascot needs to be named Vincent Young. He is that team.
10 points was not much of a cushion in the game. Madisonw ent up by 10 with 3 minutes left but NS received a great kickoff return along with a personal foul penalty and cut it to 3 with 1 minute left. Madison punted on their final possession and NS drove to Madison's side of the field only to turn the ball over on downs.

I told you all North Shore has no defense, they should not have been playing this week if Nimitz didn't screw up. Madison's defense played bad but stood up when needed. They literally were losing players at the end to injuries.

North Shore has a rushing attack that is damn good. They cost themselves the game with unusual playcalling at the end. A draw on 4 and 15?

I am concerned if Young gets hurt, who will step up and take his place? I doubt their backup even has experience with a game on the line.

I kind of hope Hightower wins so MHS will see a weaker opponent next week. Humble doesn't believe in throwing and you see what a good rushing attack can do to the Marlins.

I can't understand how they arrived at what was in the newspaper (The Houston Chronicle):

"...the Mustangs (win) 61-58 in a marathon offensive showcase before 25,110 at the Reliant Astrodome."

Anyway... Vincent Young can not be contained. He is a man amongst boys. He is a complete quarterback. If you shut his passing game down by locking up his receivers he'll rush for 300 yards on you. If you load up the box with nine defenders HE WILL STILL RUN THROUGH IT. The last quarterback I've seen in the Houston area to even come close to Young is Eric Gray back from Aldine High School's State and National Championship year (1990). Eric went on to set over 17 JUCO national records. Then went on to University of Kentucky only to drop out of school to get married and raise a family. (SMH)

Anyway... back to Young he only made one mistake last night I noticed and that was when he went in to play Free Safety and bit on the run but Northshore threw a long pass right over his head and he was 100% responsible for that score he knew it to as soon as he committed to the run. I hope Hightower does win because they should be a rollover for Madison next week.

On a sad note Young has said that he likes Florida State. :(

Remember this kid's name Vincent "The Truth" Young.

Proud of my alma mater!

Well we lost (Forest Brook), but we really put up a heyell of a fight. We spotted them and I mean SPOTTED them 37 first quarter points.

We then scored 28 unanswered points through the second and beginning of the third quarter.

They scored immediately after that, then we scored 2 more times.....we were down by two in the fourth quarter and was stopped on the two point conversion. So we remained down by two. They then scored again on a quarterback keeper (THEY WERE HOLDING).

Then we marched down the field and scored again, then they got the ball back and ran the clock out.

There's more detail, but I am proud of my school. Then final tally way 50-47. They only really scored about 2 touchdowns. The rest were gimmies, houston folks, look in the chronicle tomorrow, u'll see.

Jasper got each first quarter posession in FB terrritory. FB FUMBLED, safety........In reality.....FB should have won, in blowout fashion, they outscored them from the 2nd quarter til the end of the game. 47-13......erase the first quarter, and we've won in blowout fashion. But the 37-0 first quarter killed it. Next year boys....o wait, most we're seniors.....get em HBCU's!

Back