Ideas for SWACPage Reunion Locations

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Seriously, how many of you SWACPagers can say that you have visited every SWAC school. With that in mind I feel that the Reunion should be held at each university for these reasons....

1. It would be nice to tour and see other SWAC universities. Besides graduating from Grambling I have seen Southern, Alcorn, Texas Southern and UAPB.....

2. Furthermore for those of us who work for large corporations, we can recruit young college graduates who don't have jobs.

3. More college students will be interested in joining our SWACPage family.

4. Having this at different universities we could gain the support (financially) of the school.

We have to make this page into much more than somewhere to pass time, shoot the breeze, and talk smack. That's all fine and dandy but honestly the SWACPage is bigger than that. It's a representation of us, SWAC graduates. Furthermore if we utilize the different schools I am sure that there will be a smaller out of pocket expense.

I was thinking the same thing, BUT ...

There aren't enough titty bars, beaches, and places to ball in most SWAC school towns. Furthermore, you might get people who choose not to attend because their school isn't the chosen one. :rolleyes:

Good idea Sweets

...and valid points, if I might add.

But, as Nita stated earlier, I don't think these folks would participate when it's not their school....Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to go to tiddy bars, beaches, or places to ball. I'm trying to get to know my fellow SWACpagers and their schools.

If some people are so SIMPLE that they choose not to come because their school wasn't chosen then that's sad. I didn't come to the reunion this year, but I contributed financially.

I foresee us going to the same cities over, and over, and over again. There is not a SWAC school in Florida......why should we go to Florida? I guess I think on a larger screen of things.

If we all participate as much as we post then we could make this into one of the largest BLACK events.

Originally posted by Vinita
There aren't enough titty bars, beaches, and places to ball in most SWAC school towns. Furthermore, you might get people who choose not to attend because their school isn't the chosen one. :rolleyes:

MH if we have the reunion and PUBB it up enough.......you will be surprised how many people will kick it.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Yeah, I'm sure the masses can't wait to get to those reunions in Itta Bena, Mississippi and Grambling, LA. :rolleyes:

BOY, MH, you just DON'T KNOW! I could get my ex mother in law to cook up some food (she lives across from Valley), and we could have the picnic in the field in front of the freeway! :D Whatchoo TALKIN' 'BOUT! Itta Bena got a FIRE JUKE JOINT at the corner where the stoplight is! STOP HATING!!

Sweet, good points, but you have to realize who you are dealing with here. Not putting anyone down...but...

I and a few others wanted to make this bigger than a small gathering for only us... but these are some responses I received.

1. You're too busy trying to make it better than last year.

2. Don't reinvent the wheel, just secure a place, some food and drinks...otherwise, peeps are on their own.

3. We don't want all those people present, we want this to be a small "quaint" event....

4. We don't need all the hooplah, just a small gathering...

Well, working against attitudes like that is not easy. I also suggested we come up with a TSPN Scholarship... We only need a scholarship committee, a set of trustees to care for the funds and make the information available to those who care to apply for the scholarship... However, a TSPN Scholarship has to be a separate entity from TSPN Message Board... Why? It would have to be non-profit...needs a charter and a non-profit ID....

There is a LOT that we can do from this board, but you need parties willing to help instead of criticize. Just a thought...

WELL EXCUSE THE "L" OUT OF ME FOR EXPRESSING MYSELF IN MY OWN WAY.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
Seriously, how many of you SWACPagers can say that you have visited every SWAC school. With that in mind I feel that the Reunion should be held at each university for these reasons....

1. It would be nice to tour and see other SWAC universities. Besides graduating from Grambling I have seen Southern, Alcorn, Texas Southern and UAPB.....

2. Furthermore for those of us who work for large corporations, we can recruit young college graduates who don't have jobs.

4. Having this at different universities we could gain the support (financially) of the school.

We have to make this page into much more than somewhere to pass time, shoot the **** , and talk smack. That's all fine and dandy but honestly the SWACPage is bigger than that. It's a representation of us, SWAC graduates. Furthermore if we utilize the different schools I am sure that there will be a smaller out of pocket expense.

What some people don't understand is how to market a product. Not saying that you all didn't do a good job.......you did the best!!!! Eventhough I wasn't there I'm not going to down you!!!! Again yall did a hellofava job!!!!

Yet, we can market this. If we talk to a couple administrators.....present it in a business type manner. Kenn Rashad and the SWACPage could be a university ICON spoken in every home of a SWAC graduate.

White college organizations have been doing this for a long time. Yes, we have attitudes to deal with but if people get an attitude them screw em!!!! We need to learn to agree to disagree. Then and only then can we make this a bigger and better event.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Sweet, good points, but you have to realize who you are dealing with here. Not putting anyone down...but...

I and a few others wanted to make this bigger than a small gathering for only us... but these are some responses I received.

1. You're too busy trying to make it better than last year.

2. Don't reinvent the wheel, just secure a place, some food and drinks...otherwise, peeps are on their own.

3. We don't want all those people present, we want this to be a small "quaint" event....

4. We don't need all the hooplah, just a small gathering...

Well, working against attitudes like that is not easy. I also suggested we come up with a TSPN Scholarship... We only need a scholarship committee, a set of trustees to care for the funds and make the information available to those who care to apply for the scholarship... However, a TSPN Scholarship has to be a separate entity from TSPN Message Board... Why? It would have to be non-profit...needs a charter and a non-profit ID....

There is a LOT that we can do from this board, but you need parties willing to help instead of criticize. Just a thought...

What fool said this foolishness?

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

How the HELL can you throw a SMALL, QUAINT reunion when you are trying to include as many people who want to attend as possible from TEN DIFFERENT DAMNED SCHOOLS?

What the hell kind of elitist assed attitude is THAT to take? Damn, if you want something QUAINT, throw a frigging TEA PARTY and invite all your QUAINT ASSED FRIENDS!

That is the SECOND stupidest thing I have seen TODAY!

:kaioken:

Sweet, I agree with you. Since you are really interested in it. Start if off. In fact, make it TSPN SCHOLARSHIP committee. Let's find out what we need to get it incorporated and non-profit.

Let's come up with rules for the scholarship. Let's figure out which administrators need to be contacted at each of the 10 schools.

Nita: exactly! I only relayed that info to our committee here in Houston. I could not believe it...but we tried to give them what they wanted.

Sweet: Also, you'll need to speak with GSU Tigress. Trust me, she had contacts to make it bigger.... REAL bigger. But under the "drama" that was ongoing at the time, nobody, but nobody wanted to pull in other peeps to this mess. So, that idea was rightly dropped. However, the storm is over now. We can at least get the scholarship going.

Re: What fool said this foolishness?

I agree..........300%

Originally posted by Vinita

How the HELL can you throw a SMALL, QUAINT reunion when you are trying to include as many people who want to attend as possible from TEN DIFFERENT DAMNED SCHOOLS?

What the hell kind of elitist assed attitude is THAT to take? Damn, if you want something QUAINT, throw a frigging TEA PARTY and invite all your QUAINT ASSED FRIENDS!

That is the SECOND stupidest thing I have seen TODAY!

:kaioken:

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE

We have to make this page into much more than somewhere to pass time, shoot the breeze, and talk smack. That's all fine and dandy but honestly the SWACPage is bigger than that. It's a representation of us, SWAC graduates. Furthermore if we utilize the different schools I am sure that there will be a smaller out of pocket expense.

You know this is my attitude too.
I expressed this opinion back in the gap. If it does turn into this, let me know. I will fit in helping out with something of this sort anyday, among my other commitments.

DSN, Prissy, GramTigress let's get Earl Lester Cole, Helen Richards-Smith or somebody in Lincoln Parish off of R.W.E. Jones to send help!! You know how we like things to be done.

my what I've observed the last 2 reunions....you better hope it is sunny and in a city central enough to most folks.

ATL was great due to proximity and weather...

Houston was great but you got to pry folks just to leave home, what makes it work there are mote Jags in HOuston that post but don''t come to anything

as for college students/band folks......me and Quietstorm and maybe Dominion1906 were the only college students/link to attend the last two years.

Band folks rarely come out for stuff unless it's a band related function.

Back