I need a LAWYER ...

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
To explain this isht to me! Am I the only one who thinks this is bananas?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/17/dog.mauling.decision/index.html

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Prompting outcries from the victim's friends and family, a judge Monday threw out the second-degree murder conviction of a woman a jury deemed responsible for the dog mauling death of her neighbor.

Superior Court Judge James Warren said convictions on charges of involuntary manslaughter and keeping a mischievous animal that kills were valid for both Marjorie Knoller and her husband, Robert Noel. He called their actions "despicable."

He granted a motion for a new trial on Knoller's second-degree murder conviction, but it was not immediately clear if prosecutors would seek a new trial. Prosecutor James Hammer said he would make a motion for the judge to reconsider his decision.

A decision on sentencing was delayed until 1:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. EDT). Hammer said he wanted to resolve the question of the tossed-out second-degree murder conviction before turning to the sentencing.

I kind of see the point

Even though the dogs were trained to kill, the owner didn't "sic" them on the victim, they just got away from her and killed somebody ---->involuntary manslaughter

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What's up with all this dog mauling these days?

I remember getting chased by big, bad azz dogs as a small child back in the day, but never heard of children/adults getting mauled like these dogs are doing now.

What's wrong with the dogs today? Are they being trained differently or what?

This is why I don't own a dog, I have a 5 yr. old and I would be in jail behind somebody and their bad azz dogs.

You don't need a lawyer...

you got good sense. You know these folk need to be under the jailhouse!

The Judge obviously found insufficient evidence to support the second degree murder charge. I have no idea why. I will watch the news and read about it to find out what was introduced to sway the judge and what he based his decision on. The other two convictions will hold to the both of them, involuntary manslaughter and keeping a mischevious animal. The murder charge carries a greater sentence that the other too.

Why did they have those big azz dogs in an apartment builiding anyway? It was a tragic MURDER and they should have BOTH been convicted of FIRST DEGREE CAPITAL MURDER.

And they should be held liable in civil court for that woman's death too! I'm sure her family and partner have taken care of that.

Originally posted by Vinita
Them trashy mofo's ain't got no dayum money!
I'll bet that apartment complex does. And the company that owns the complex, too. There are ways to find and get into DEEP POCKETS.

LMAO @ trashy mofos.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by Vinita
Them trashy mofo's ain't got no dayum money!

LOL. They are both attorneys. I wonder if they have substantial means and if so, where did they hide it.

They sure looked trashy. I say put them under the jail, having some big arse fighting dogs like that and they didn't know what may happen, please. What are they gonna do next. Close their eyes and shoot a gun into a crowd and call that an accident too.

Back