'I can't breathe': Black child held underwater and called racial slur by white teen, Massachusetts police say

Olde Hornet

A white teenager was indicted on an attempted murder charge in Massachusetts after he was accused of calling a Black child a racial slur and repeatedly dunking him underwater as the child said he did not know how to swim.

The 14-year-old suspect is accused of taunting the victim on July 19 at Goose Pond in Chatham, court documents said.

Another juvenile, also white, laughed and called the victim "George Floyd," referring to the Black man who died in Minneapolis police custody in 2020, according to the documents.

“Water went into my mouth and my nose and I could not breathe,” the victim said in a written statement to police. “So I shouted out that I can’t breathe over and over and tried to get his hand off me.”

The victim also said that as the teen and the other person continued to pull him underwater, he started to feel lightheaded and almost vomited, according to his written statement and a police narrative. After he began to feel exhausted, he shouted for help.

A white teenager was indicted on an attempted murder charge in Massachusetts after he was accused of calling a Black child a racial slur and repeatedly dunking him underwater as the child said he did not know how to swim.

The 14-year-old suspect is accused of taunting the victim on July 19 at Goose Pond in Chatham, court documents said.

Another juvenile, also white, laughed and called the victim "George Floyd," referring to the Black man who died in Minneapolis police custody in 2020, according to the documents.

“Water went into my mouth and my nose and I could not breathe,” the victim said in a written statement to police. “So I shouted out that I can’t breathe over and over and tried to get his hand off me.”

The victim also said that as the teen and the other person continued to pull him underwater, he started to feel lightheaded and almost vomited, according to his written statement and a police narrative. After he began to feel exhausted, he shouted for help.
Those kids need jail time

That’s why I don’t like my kids being the only one on trips with white people. You just never know what they are up to.

Back