How do you feel about honoray inducting people into your fraternity or sorority?

Hey Buck,

Where are you getting your information from? Because the names of the 13 inductees that was emailed to me did not include Ray Lewis or Dominique Wilkins names, but it did include a founder's son (LOVE) and Kweisi Mfume.

I had an issue when I was in Undergrad but now I don't. I could see if I knew EVERY Soror that was joining my great Sorority and what her contributions are/will be/have been...but I don't, so why would I judge these Ladies more than I judge any other ladies!? :noidea:

All yall shyt political. Black folks don't like most of their blood line family members, let alone some mofos they so call have a bond with. Get real.

I like Lioness's response best. Don't go and make someone a member simply because they are famous and/or rich. If they have already made contributions to society and they show legitimate interest then I have no problem with it.

But I can only speak for PBS. The Kappas don't do it and that's their business.

Off topic: How do yall feel about grad chapters "pledging" and/or having probate shows?

All yall shyt political. Black folks don't like most of their blood line family members, let alone some mofos they so call have a bond with. Get real.

Key words: "All Yall"...why are you commenting!? :emlaugh:

I could see if the thread was, "Aye...AAMU muts, how do y'all feel about y'all Honorary wind suit wearers"...then you should comment. :lmao:

Off topic: How do yall feel about grad chapters "pledging" and/or having probate shows? [/COLOR][/B]

I think if a person wants to be "pledged"...and there is someone active in the Chapter that has the time and the ability then go for it! :tup: :emlaugh:

As for me...I have to get up at 5am..."Aint Nobody Got Time For Dat"!!

Probate shows are fine for Grad Chapters in my opinion, it's cute seeing an older Soror out there get her stroll on with her LS's or Ships (as they are called up here).

southsuburbs said:
I could see if the thread was, "Aye...AAMU muts, how do y'all feel about y'all Honorary wind suit wearers"...then you should comment. :lmao:

:lol:

Question: Which would you choose: A fraternity member who got "processed" in yet doesn't contribute shat or a supposedly honorary or "paper" member who gives and contributes to the betterment of society?

Neither.

..and honorary membership is stupid. It's just as stupid as "courting" someone to be a member becasue they are "important".. ie mayors, etc...

They can join something else.

I guess it would depend on who was being inducted, and most importantly, WHY they were being inducted. If they bought their way in, then I'd be a little disappointed that my sorority would allow that.

But if they inducted women who help make a difference in someone's lives, or are advocates for a great cause, or have done work in communities, I'd be more accepting. For example:

Kelly Price is an honorary member because she is an advocate for breast cancer and breast cancer research; she's donated proceeds from her singles/albums for research,volunteered her fashions at charity galas that raise money to educate minority women about the disease, and she's even donated her own money toward various breast cancer research institutions.

MC Lyte is an honorary member because she is an activist for anti-violence/black-on-black crime, and for her seminars and programs she has advocating young Black people to become entrepreneuial and career-oriented.

Victoria Rowell is an honorary member because she is a die-hard advocate for foster children and/or children of adoption, and has founded programs and facilities that give emotional and financial support to foster children. A foster child herself, she has done a lot work in programs that benefit foster children.

Whatever.

I didn't see the proposed list, but I did see the official list. Don't tell me Lil Wayne and Jay-Z were on the proposed list.

Na man, not that bad but it was a lot of athletes on there. Some of them made me shake my head... Some of them would have had to have security with them at frat events.

Man, I still remember when that Que from the 3rd season of College hill showed up at Undergrad summit in ATL... :lol:

Being an Omega is not for the weak at heart.

Hey Buck,

Where are you getting your information from? Because the names of the 13 inductees that was emailed to me did not include Ray Lewis or Dominique Wilkins names, but it did include a founder's son (LOVE) and Kweisi Mfume.

The email came from one of my chapter members. Let me find the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye Pops yall can be ignant. Especially when them West Coast boys who pledge come to the south. I feel so sorry for them. :shame: Aye I gotta cousin who pledged at A&M move to Cali. So one of his boys from Cali is an a Omega too. He is always bragging how hard they are on the West coast. So he came to homecoming a few years back. I hang out with a bunch of Omegas so, I told them he was coming with my cousin to homecoming. I talked that fool into going up in the dog pit for homecoming. :emlaugh: All I can say is Po fella. :shame: I had to go up in there and get him man. Shirt all tore up, and every thing. :emlaugh:

Na man, not that bad but it was a lot of athletes on there. Some of them made me shake my head... Some of them would have had to have security with them at frat events.

Man, I still remember when that Que from the 3rd season of College hill showed up at Undergrad summit in ATL... :lol:

Being an Omega is not for the weak at heart.

The email came from one of my chapter members. Let me find the email.

That could have been a proposed list off names you saw. 20 individuas were approved at the Grand Conclave, 13 were inducted Saturday, 5 will be inducted at a later date, and 2 will not be inducted.

Aye Pops yall can be ignant. Especially when them West Coast boys who pledge come to the south. I feel so sorry for them. :shame: Aye I gotta cousin who pledged at A&M move to Cali. So one of his boys from Cali is an a Omega too. He is always bragging how hard they are on the West coast. So he came to homecoming a few years back. I hang out with a bunch of Omegas so, I told them he was coming with my cousin to homecoming. I talked that fool into going up in the dog pit for homecoming. :emlaugh: All I can say is Po fella. :shame: I had to go up in there and get him man. Shirt all tore up, and every thing. :emlaugh:

Cee, I pledged on the west coast and believe we will roll you out that way. When I lived in Huntsville, I used to go to the A&M games. I rolled solo and kicked it. Bruhz are going to test you no matter what but I was good. I've experienced the opposite. Some bruhz that I know from Tuskeggee went out to Omega fest out in Cali and it wasn't nice. Let's just say, they found out how we roll in the West.

Last edited by a moderator:

That sounds like some individual chapter sh!t.

See, I pledged on the west coast and believe we will roll you out that way. When I lived in Huntsville, I used to go to the A&M games. I rolled solo and kicked it. Bruhz are going to test you no matter what but I was good. I've experienced the opposite. Some bruhz that I know from Tuskeggee when out to the Omega fest out in Cali and it wasn't nice. Let's just say, they found out how we roll in the West.

Where you pledged in the 12th?

Bruhz be having too much testosterone sometimes. Especially in public venues like that. It is gets worse when it just young bruhz around like undergrad summit in ATL. The South is the worse though. It is much different on the east coast. In the south, it can be like blood in the water. At a HBCU campus in the south, it is another ballgame all together.

Back