How do you feel about honoray inducting people into your fraternity or sorority?

buckwheat

Just curious what you all think? I received an email stating that Dominique Wilkins & Ray Lewis are being inducted into the Psi Phi.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just curious what you all think? I received an email stating that Dominique Wilkins & Ray Lewis are being inducted into the Psi Phi.

Induction Ceremony will be at the Airport Marriott in Atlanta tomorrow. I'm sure money has a lot to do with who get inducted. After hearing Ray Lewis do his pre-game barking several times, I'm sure he has always wanted to be a Bruh.

Tiger Woods needs to be made next cut. Man, we will have so many white women at the next clave.

Between him and Michael Jordan, ever bruh should get a white woman.:lol: :emlaugh:

I heard stories about MJ showing up to the bruhz boatride in DC with a entourage of white women not sure if they were fabrications or factual but they sounded believable.

Induction Ceremony will be at the Airport Marriott in Atlanta tomorrow. I'm sure money has a lot to do with who get inducted. After hearing Ray Lewis do his pre-game barking several times, I'm sure he has always wanted to be a Bruh.

Some of the bruhz from the chapter I'm in here in Maryland will be there tomorrow.

I heard stories about MJ showing up to the bruhz boatride in DC with a entourage of white women not sure if they were fabrications or factual but they sounded believable.

I'm sure it was true. I knew a Bruh that pledged Mike and he said Mike has always had a weakness for white women.

I'm sure if they are Raven Fans, they are going to be there. I'm sure some of them are Ray's boys.

True! I know he is about to get hazed by his teammates! There are several bruhz on the Razens team. I met #44 their fullback that is a bruh.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I guess it would depend on who was being inducted, and most importantly, WHY they were being inducted. If they bought their way in, then I'd be a little disappointed that my sorority would allow that.

But if they inducted women who help make a difference in someone's lives, or are advocates for a great cause, or have done work in communities, I'd be more accepting. For example:

Kelly Price is an honorary member because she is an advocate for breast cancer and breast cancer research; she's donated proceeds from her singles/albums for research,volunteered her fashions at charity galas that raise money to educate minority women about the disease, and she's even donated her own money toward various breast cancer research institutions.

MC Lyte is an honorary member because she is an activist for anti-violence/black-on-black crime, and for her seminars and programs she has advocating young Black people to become entrepreneuial and career-oriented.

Victoria Rowell is an honorary member because she is a die-hard advocate for foster children and/or children of adoption, and has founded programs and facilities that give emotional and financial support to foster children. A foster child herself, she has done a lot work in programs that benefit foster children.

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. does not have honorary membership.

NUPE is on the move - Using Tapatalk

And just like enswaclopedia said, I'm glad we don't.

Question: Which would you choose: A fraternity member who got "processed" in yet doesn't contribute shat or a supposedly honorary or "paper" member who gives and contributes to the betterment of society?

Ray Lewis gave one of the most inspirational speeches I have ever heard at Steve McNair's Funeral. Remember, McNair was a member of Omega Psi Phi.

BRAVEHEART123 said:
Question: Which would you choose: A fraternity member who got "processed" in yet doesn't contribute shat or a supposedly honorary or "paper" member who gives and contributes to the betterment of society?

The issue here, and subject of the thread, is what we think about honorary membership in our respective fraternities and sororities, not about the quality of work that the honorary or traditionally initiated member would contribute.

There are "regular" and honorary members who contribute greatly, and there are honorary and regular members who contribute NOTHING.

I don't have a problem with any other fraternity or sorority having honorary members - I'm just glad that my fraternity does not.

Ray Lewis gave one of the most inspirational speeches I have ever heard at Steve McNair's Funeral. Remember, McNair was a member of Omega Psi Phi.
I like the way we do it best. If a person is not a member of our fraternity and they have made a significant contribution to uplift society we will honor thier achievements at our Grand Konclave. I have always believed that honorary membership and legacys take a lot of the luster off of that Greek organization. We like to think that NUPES aren't recruited we apply for membership.

I believe that people who become honorary members lack what it takes to be a full member.

Back