How do you all really feel about the SWAC West

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
I think for the last few years, it's been clear that whoever wins the OBJ wins the EAST. This year is probably no different BUT can anyone REALLY predict ANYTHING about the west besides UAPB coming in dead last?

I personally think it's wide open. Grambling, TxSo, PV, SU and Alcorn all stand a chance in my mind. What would you all think gives one team the edge over the other? To me, Alcorn's biggest attribute is the #1 RB in the conference (maybe FCS) and a new QB and hopefully upgrades on ST. TxSo has Body and had the division wrapped up last year and have a new DC with a good track record. GSU has talent, a good staff and added Hull. PV and SU have some additions but they have both been fairly quiet. SU is not quiet by nature so that's a bit concerning.

I think for the last few years, it's been clear that whoever wins the OBJ wins the EAST. This year is probably no different BUT can anyone REALLY predict ANYTHING about the west besides UAPB coming in dead last?

I personally think it's wide open. Grambling, TxSo, PV, SU and Alcorn all stand a chance in my mind. What would you all think gives one team the edge over the other? To me, Alcorn's biggest attribute is the #1 RB in the conference (maybe FCS) and a new QB and hopefully upgrades on ST. TxSo has Body and had the division wrapped up last year and have a new DC with a good track record. GSU has talent, a good staff and added Hull. PV and SU have some additions but they have both been fairly quiet. SU is not quiet by nature so that's a bit concerning.
Really, it think is the roll of the dice.

CluelessDefinitiveBongo-size_restricted.gif

I think PV will come out closer to the top than the others.

Everyone can respect numbers because it as unequivocal as anything tangible in this world.

If Grambling does not win the SWAC this year it would be the first time ever that Icon Grambling has gone more than six years without a title since we entered the SWAC in 1959. Meditate on that ever word.

When the SU’s of the world were wallowing in a championship drought spanning a period from the end of the Vietnam War to the start of the first Gulf war or J-State’s 14-year championship-less abyss - Icon Grambling upheld our natural position as the standard bearer.

Even Hue cannot offset destiny. We Grambling - baby! We will see the Rattlers in the SCG.

Last edited:
Listen, idk why it’s an automatic that people think famu will just come out the east. FAMU has to beat JSU, something that remains to be seen since 2003. We’re 3-0 verses Willie Simmons. Willie will coach himself out of a game as good as he is, and he’s a damn fine coach. Only reason teams outside of Jackson haven’t been able to exploit this is bad coaching and not having enough difference makers. Here’s the truth of the matter, FAMU/ASU/JSU contenders for the East. Alabama state has the defense. They need a QB that can score. SU/Alcorn/Txsu in the west. Txsu has the best “proven” QB in the division. Everyone else not mentioned is a year away, and can still spoil one of the three from each divisions chance at championship aspirations. Like , valley/PV can really make a run to top half of the conference good this year. They made a lot of interesting moves that went under the radar.

You probably said it last year too BUT that aint my question. Where did yall get better at or do you expect to use that backdoor key again?
Nope I didn't say it last year, I had us and jackson in the championship last year. It not our fault we have all the keys to every door in the conference.

Everyone can respect numbers because it as unequivocal as anything tangible in this world.

If Grambling does not win the SWAC this year it would be the first time ever that Icon Grambling has gone more than six years without a title since we entered the SWAC in 1959. Mediate on that ever word.

When the SU’s of the world were wallowing in a championship drought spanning a period from the end of the Vietnam War to the start of the first Gulf war or J-State’s 14-year championship-less abyss - Icon Grambling upheld our natural position as the standard bearer.

Even Hue cannot offset destiny. We Grambling - baby! We will see the Rattlers in the SCG.
1986-1993

I think it will come down to the two purple and gold schools.

Southern still has D00ley so I expect more stupid decisions and abnormal suits from him.

Who-Jack at *ram….. ehhh, goodluck fighting for 4th or 5th. Those cars and jets he posed in front of with his Gucci purses ain’t gone help but it looked nice (kinda). Not even sure why y’all hired him in the first place.

Nobody cares about txso and uapb. I think they’re just happy to be in the SWAC like Valley & Mary’s Children so we can go ahead and issue their participation trophies now.

Back