Hey JSue - Just Reported on Bham TV News

majiksity

King/Queen Maker
Local news station ABC 33/40 in Birmingham reported on their 6:00 PM edition that representatives from Jackson State are interested in talking to Wade Streeter, Head Coach at Miles College about their Head Coaching position.

More to come later......

Interesting. I wonder if any JSU fans will comment on the report. Streeter has done a good job at Miles.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU is turning to a Southernite :lol: But he is one helluva a coach and could really shake the SWAC up. I thought one day further down the line that we would get him at S.U.........DAM_ YOU JAMES BABELL!

thats the same man who I saw lose to Stillman this year lol He did ONE play the whole game... qb draw out of the shotgun...

Good Luck lol

bluedog said:
JSU interviewing a d2 coach?? :emlaugh:

from a LOSING program lol.... damn at least got for a coach at UNA or Tuskegee (if it got to be from the state of Alabama)

Ummmm Dahill - the program may be a losing program - but Streeter has just posted back to back 7-3 winning seasons and if I am not mistaking before that he went 6-4. Don't sleep on Streeter at all - by the way Anthony Jones didnt exactly come from a football power (Morehouse).

majiksity said:
Ummmm Dahill - the program may be a losing program - but Streeter has just posted back to back 7-3 winning seasons and if I am not mistaking before that he went 6-4. Don't sleep on Streeter at all - by the way Anthony Jones didnt exactly come from a football power (Morehouse).

He didnt come from a football powerhouse but he brought a HORRIBLE football program up to a heights it hadnt seen in a LONG time... as soon as he left it went right back to a doormat. All I am saying is I saw Miles play this year and they were horrible.

I'm sorry, but you all don't want Streeter in the east at a school like JSU. He would give you all "fits." Honestly, I hope he stays at Miles.

They are 7-3. That's a winning record anytime. Yea, they did lay an egg against Stillman but they have not lost since. They were a couple of bounces away this past weekend from actually qualifying for the D2 playoffs. Streeter is a good coach and he will be in the SWAC at some point in his career as a head coach. He has won at each place he has been, again dont sleep on him.

JROCK said:
I'm sorry, but you all don't want Streeter in the east at a school like JSU. He would give you all "fits."
hmmmm, he didn't exactly give SIAC powers "fits", but now he'll give the SWAC east "fits", huh?

If he was from any school other than SU, I wonder would you be singing his praises like this.

food for thought.....

carry on

DAHILL said:
He didnt come from a football powerhouse but he brought a HORRIBLE football program up to a heights it hadnt seen in a LONG time... as soon as he left it went right back to a doormat. All I am saying is I saw Miles play this year and they were horrible.

Dahill, you surely got THAT right!!! Anthony Jones was the best thing our football program had seen in a looong time....AND I WANT HIM BACK! Coach Scissum has sent our team STRAIGHT TO HELL!!! :splat:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
J C said:
Interesting. I wonder if any JSU fans will comment on the report. Streeter has done a good job at Miles.
:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
Because of all the newscast's and newspapers .......................

WE HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT ANY OF THIS..............AND JSU FOOTBALL LEAD THE SPORTS REPORTS OFF EVERY NIGHT.. :goof:

Have fun with it suCK's and Bamma ......... :smh:

I don't think he will actually be hired. But that just me saying that. I saw it on the news last night and was suprised to hear something like that. You would think with a program like JSU, they would be attracting atleast some DI-AA or even some assistant from a DI-A program. Not degrading Streeters success but I really wasn't looking for that. But regardless of who coaches there, the players still have to do there part also. So they shouldn't just throw all blame on Bell.

GO P.V.

jstate83 said:
:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
Because of all the newscast's and newspapers .......................

WE HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT ANY OF THIS..............AND JSU FOOTBALL LEAD THE SPORTS REPORTS OFF EVERY NIGHT.. :goof:

Have fun with it suCK's and Bamma ......... :smh:

It was on WLBT 10:00 news last night.

To the best of my knowledge, Streeter played QB at Parker High in B'ham, then went on to QB for Southern Miss.- Streeter played behind a white QB at So.Miss. and was beating that QB for the starting position. Then, it was speculated that during a party in Mississippi someone "spiked" his drink and he became ill, and that kind of messed him up at So.Miss.--Whether or not those are rumors, I did hear of that incident supposively happening.

mighty hornet said:
If he was from any school other than SU, I wonder would you be singing his praises like this.

food for thought.....

carry on

You do have a point, frat. The same thought passed across my cerebrum.

Well, I recall everyone downing UAPB's decision to hire Mo Forte, who last winning season as a college coach was 1986. His team will finish no lower than 3rd overall in the SWAC this year.

Well, one thing is for sure....the JSU faithful have not heard this and Streeter (if he was contacted) never should have let it leak. Of course we are going to go what we did the last time...go after who we want...but I think we will go a safer route.

Da_Sperm said:
Well, I recall everyone downing UAPB's decision to hire Mo Forte, who last winning season as a college coach was 1986. His team will finish no lower than 3rd overall in the SWAC this year.

....if this wasn't the Sports board.

Also, with all of the JSU alums we have out there...I can't see us bringing in a SU alum to run our program.

Back