Healthcare passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington (CNN) -- The House is set to vote Sunday on the health care bill passed by the Senate in December.

Here's the latest on what's happening on Capitol Hill:

10:48 p.m.
: The House passes the Senate health care bill, 219-212.

No Republicans voted in favor of the legislation.

10:31 p.m.: Lawmakers are voting on the health care legislation. The vote will last for 15 minutes.

10:17 p.m.: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi praised the health care legislation for its ability to "unleash tremendous entrepreneurial power into our economy."

Pelosi said the fact that the bill is on the cusp of passing is due to the leadership of President Obama.

She also cited the legacy of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, who wrote in a letter to Obama that health care is the "great unfinished business of our society."

"That is -- until today," she said.

Source

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Childers and Taylor both voted no. These so-called "Mississipp Democrats" - the white ones - aren't worth a bucket of piss.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!! THE SKY IS BLUE AND LET"S CHEER AGAIN" HEALTHCARE REFORM IS FINALLY HERE, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Childers and Taylor both voted no. These so-called "Mississipp Democrats" - the white ones - aren't worth a bucket of piss.

smh; u damn right man. one thing about the republicans they shole stick together. not one repub voted to pass it.

It's not over folks. Don't think for one minute the hypublicans are going to just let this ride without a fight. We need to stay steadfast as voters and alway make sure our voice is heard and that democracy always wins instead of fear mongering no matter if it works for us or against us.

It's not over folks. Don't think for one minute the hypublicans are going to just let this ride without a fight. We need to stay steadfast as voters and alway make sure our voice is heard and that democracy always wins instead of fear mongering no matter if it works for us or against us.

Exactly.

My mom and I watched the debate/vote on Cnn...and I had to keep walking away b/c I got tired of listening to the republicans mention abortion (as if its' the only issue in America) and listening to them claim "America doesn't want this"!

Roland Martin said it best that 3200 African Americans die annually b/c of lack of healthcare in Chicago, they care more about the unborn than the living ones dying!

:clap::clap::clap:

Kudos to our President for moving forward on this and kudos to the members of Congress that supported him!!

Next up: Education reform!!

My mom and I watched the debate/vote on Cnn...and I had to keep walking away b/c I got tired of listening to the republicans mention abortion (as if its' the only issue in America) and listening to them claim "America doesn't want this"!

Roland Martin said it best that 3200 African Americans die annually b/c of lack of healthcare in Chicago, they care more about the unborn than the living ones dying!

Kudos to our President for moving forward on this and kudos to the members of Congress that supported him!!

Elementary and Secondary Education Act and the framework for the re-authorization of NCLB is on the hill right now.

Last edited:

man they were getting on my nerves. those republicans really showed their ass last nite. One fool screamed baby killer. smh. that was totally out of order.

Hope you all start cutting back on spending.....who you think will be paying for all of this? ....lol

This ain't but leveling people off...... Bring the poor up and bring folk that work hard down to sort of make things even.....

What ever some of you seeing in your pay checks look for it to be atleast 40 dollars less per pay period.....And I hope yall didn't get too use to those hefty income "refunds".......

Yall right though... this is a victory for the people.... smh

While them mofos live like KINGS and QUEENS... we cheer for this shyt.....

:shame:

Hope you all start cutting back on spending.....who you think will be paying for all of this? ....lol

This ain't but leveling people off...... Bring the poor up and bring folk that work hard down to sort of make things even.....

What ever some of you seeing in your pay checks look for it to be atleast 40 dollars less per pay period.....And I hope yall didn't get too use to those hefty income "refunds".......

Yall right though... this is a victory for the people.... smh

While them mofos live like KINGS and QUEENS... we cheer for this shyt.....

you do realize that before the bill PASSED we were paying for those folks to get health care ANYWAY b/c they didn't have insurance :noidea: duh?!

I hope YOU have started setting aside more money as well to help pay for them!!:wavey::lol:

What did you say, we "cheering for this shyt"?! You damn right!!!
HIP HIP HOORRAY!! HIP HIP HOOORRRAYY!!!

:banana::banana:

you do realize that before the bill PASSED we were paying for those folks to get health care ANYWAY b/c they didn't have insurance :noidea: duh?!

I hope YOU have started setting aside more money as well to help pay for them!!:wavey::lol:

What did you say, we "cheering for this shyt"?! You damn right!!!
HIP HIP HOORRAY!! HIP HIP HOOORRRAYY!!!

Ummm Casumss.. It's a lot of shyt we paying for that I don't think we should be paying for....

MIX income housing...

I went over to a friends house how have a degree from BOTH SU and GSU... B.S. and Masters... work for homeland security....

all these housing are pretty much the same... EXCEPT... she pays $1000 a month and her neighbor who is 4 years older than her...meaning about (32) ONLY pays $70 a month.... She(my friend) wake up 6:30 to go to work... that same neighbor is sitting on her porch enjoying a smoke..... She come home sometimes on her lunch break guess who is still outside in her "BED" clothes?...

She get home from work guess who is making all kind of noise next door hosting a CARD game to PAY her FN $70 a month bill for the SAME NICE pad my friend have?!?!:shame: Because the GOVERNMENT pays most of her bill...

FUC that... you know and I know the government is paying most of her bill WITH OUR money... You a damn fool if you think that shyt is right...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
One generation will ALWAYS pay for the decisions of the generation before it.......it's not like it's a brand new concept....:rolleyes:

Ummm Casumss.. It's a lot of shyt we paying for that I don't think we should be paying for....

MIX income housing...

I went over to a friends house how have a degree from BOTH SU and GSU... B.S. and Masters... work for homeland security....

all these housing are pretty much the same... EXCEPT... she pays $1000 a month and her neighbor who is 4 years older than her...meaning about (32) ONLY pays $70 a month.... She(my friend) wake up 6:30 to go to work... that same neighbor is sitting on her porch enjoying a smoke..... She come home sometimes on her lunch break guess who is still outside in her "BED" clothes?...

She get home from work guess who is making all kind of noise next door hosting a CARD game to PAY her FN $70 a month bill for the SAME NICE pad my friend have?!?!:shame: Because the GOVERNMENT pays most of her bill...

FUC that... you know and I know the government is paying most of her bill WITH OUR money... You a damn fool if you think that shyt is right...

Sounds like my complex. I pay $915/month for a studio apartment while neighbors pay $200 for a 3 bedroom. Sometimes, it can irk you when you don't see people trying to improve their life.

MIX income housing...

So this story makes up the majority?

One generation will ALWAYS pay for the decisions of the generation before it.......it's not like it's a brand new concept....:rolleyes:

It's a BULLSHYT concept mam...

You mean to tell me that "GET a College Degree" gimmick was for us to go to college get in debt with "sista Sallie" to get a piece of paper to go out and work only to give most of our pay check back to the government so they can help those who choose not to continue their education so they can enjoy the same things we (who bust our ass) enjoy? Wow... talk about feeling like a duck...smh...

So this story makes up the majority?

Is it more people with college degree s or simply hs diplomas?

It's mixed income ....I would be lying to you if I said I knew the exact percentage in "that" particular Mix income housing ... But the fact she can indentify 3 of her neighbors where one pays $20 a month... the other pays $120 and the other pay $70 ....shows this is what the govenments wants...

J-Lo you already know I agree with you that trifling folks like that need to get the boot!!

But this bill is NOT about them...they already on Medicaid/govt. assistance we already paying for them :lol: She was probably watching the healthcare reform debate like "daymn...they don't have that kind of coverage yet"!! :lol:

This bill is about folks like you and I, who had good jobs but then lost them and couldn't afford Private healthcare coverage out of pocket AND at the same time didn't qualify for medicaid (or at least not yet anyway).

This bill is about folks like you and I that ended up getting sick/catching a disease/etc and the private healthcare company that we have being paying our monthly premiums to for YEARS would drop us or not cover our bills b/c of a loophole created by their company that would save THEM money...not us.

This bill will help those college graduates that can't find a job (b/c of the past problems not being solved) but would have to be dropped from their parents coverage at the age of 23. So they can't find a job BUT they have to get their own coverage...that they can't afford. Lord help them if they have a pre-exisiting health condition. Under this new bill...it will be extended until the age of 26...which is great since more people are going back to school b/c the job market sucks and is non-existent in some areas.

We are already covering the trifling folks that don't work, get govt. assistance, etc. through medicare (and that needs to be reformed so those trifling folks will get the heyal on).

It's not perfect...but it's a start! We will NEVER have a perfect bill. if you actually think that by waiting/delaying this vote to try to "work on the bill" and make it better was really going to happen...nope...I KNOW you dont' think that b/c you are not stupid and you KNOW the folks that were saying "what's the rush...let's delay it" weren't really planning on working on the bill to make it better!

These same folks had over 40-50 years to work on the healthcare system in America and they didn't...b/c they didn't want to.

J-Lo...I feel where you are coming from...but I'd rather have my taxes go up so people like my Soror who couldn't find a job for over 2 years after being LAID OFF (just got a job last week working part time :clap:) can have affordable healthcare coverage with her pre-exisiting condition.

to give an example of the insurance companies not providing coverage where they should...
When i went to Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr's townhall meeting on healthcare reform there was a retired educator that spoke. She said she had paid monthly into her healthcare coverage consistently, never missing a payment. When she was diagnosed with Cancer, the doctor told her NO STRESS. The stress came from her healthcare provider that tried to DENY her claims eventhough she did what she was supposed to do for decades. She said she couldn't wait until she turned 65 years of age so she could apply for Medicare. While she was speaking I thought her name sounded familiar...it was after that I realized she was my grade school prinicipal, Sharon Hamilton. She was a great principal...prior to her becoming an educator she was a professional Opera singer that had travelled the world. Each morning she would teach us worlds/phrases in German b/c she knew the importance of exposing kids to different cultures/languages. I share all of that to say it's not just dumb/uneducated folks caught up in that healthcare mess...people were doing what they were supposed to do!

Last edited:
You can always move to another country where none of this happens if you don't like it here.

Sounds like my complex. I pay $915/month for a studio apartment while neighbors pay $200 for a 3 bedroom. Sometimes, it can irk you when you don't see people trying to improve their life.

POP.. according to all the folk in here...

THAT'S A VICTORY for the PEOPLE!!!!!!

And I believe Casey read this and she is "CHEERING"...and doing this little stupid dance...

You can always move to another country where none of this happens if you don't like it here.

I prefer "you" people that want the government to take care of them to go to places that already do that... Now scat....
:tup:

J-Lo you already know I agree with you that trifling folks like that need to get the boot!!

But this bill is NOT about them...they already on Medicare we already paying for them :lol: She was probably watching the healthcare reform debate like "daymn...they don't have that kind of coverage yet"!! :lol:

This bill is about folks like you and I, who had good jobs but then lost them and couldn't afford Private healthcare coverage out of pocket AND at the same time didn't qualify for medicare (or at least not yet anyway).

This bill is about folks like you and I then ended up getting sick/catching a disease/etc and the private healthcare company that we have being paying our monthly premiums to for YEARS would drop us or not cover our bills b/c of a loophole created by their company that would save THEM money...not us.

This bill will help those college graduates that can't find a job (b/c of the past problems not being solved) but would have to be dropped from their parents coverage at the age of 23. So they can't find a job BUT they have to get their own coverage...that they can't afford. Lord help them if they have a pre-exisiting health condition. Under this new bill...it will be extended until the age of 26...which is great since more people are going back to school b/c the job market sucks and is non-existent in some areas.

We are already covering the trifling folks that don't work, get govt. assistance, etc. through medicare (and that needs to be reformed so those trifling folks will get the heyal on).

It's not perfect...but it's a start! We will NEVER have a perfect bill. if you actually think that by waiting/delaying this vote to try to "work on the bill" and make it better was really going to happen...nope...I KNOW you dont' think that b/c you are not stupid and you KNOW the folks that were saying "what's the rush...let's delay it" weren't really planning on working on the bill to make it better!

These same folks had over 40-50 years to work on the healthcare system in America and they didn't...b/c they didn't want to.

J-Lo...I feel where you are coming from...but I'd rather have my taxes go up so people like my Soror who couldn't find a job for over 2 years after being LAID OFF (just got a job last week working part time :clap:) can have affordable healthcare coverage with her pre-exisiting condition.

to give an example of the insurance companies not providing coverage where they should...
When i went to Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr's townhall meeting on healthcare reform there was a retired educator that spoke. She said she had paid monthly into her healthcare coverage consistently, never missing a payment. When she was diagnosed with Cancer, the doctor told her NO STRESS. The stress came from her healthcare provider that tried to DENY her claims eventhough she did what she was supposed to do for decades. She said she couldn't wait until she turned 65 years of age so she could apply for Medicaid. While she was speaking I thought her name sounded familiar...it was after that I realized she was my grade school prinicipal, Sharon Hamilton. She was a great principal...prior to her becoming an educator she was a professional Opera singer that had travelled the world. Each morning she would teach us worlds/phrases in German b/c she knew the importance of exposing kids to different cultures/languages. I share all of that to say it's not just dumb/uneducated folks caught up in that healthcare mess...people were doing what they were supposed to do!

How about they take the taxes they ALREADY taking.. you know that 35-40% they already snatching from us and look into the programs that ain't working and the money they flat out stealing and use that for this reform......

MORE taxes mean that 35-40% will rise to 45-50%...... What incentives is that to make you work harder are even pursue a college degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back