HBCU Football: MEAC coach feels disrespected in polls vs SWAC

When have our 1-3rd place teams played in the game? Again, check your facts. It never happens. AlaState won the SWAC with Tavares Jackson. They next year they played in the challenge and had a losing season. Grambling won the SWAC with Bruce Eugene. The next year, they were in the challenge and had a 3 win season. JSU won the SWAC with Jimmy Oliver, the next year, they were in the challenge. Alcorn was whooping BCU and the game had to end. The next time Alcorn went to the challenge, they hadnt played a game in two years and lost to a team that lost to Valley. C'mon bruh. Had our good teams played, they would have won. There may have been 2-3 even matchups. Most years, the MEAC teams in the challenge ended the year as champs or had 8+ wins.
I am talking about those years that the match ups were made based on the results from the prior season. When our defending SWAC Champion or previous solid finish team plays in that game, the result ended with them getting out tussled. Yes, Grambling (twice), Alabama State (twice), Jackson State (twice), PVAMU, and Alcorn all have gone into that Challenge Game and gotten outmuscled a time or two.

Yes, I do remember Alcorn’s motor running before the game was called, but they weren’t “whoopin” BCU. I remember feeling like they were going to win through.

I want to see more PVAMU 2018, Jackson State 2023 like beatings in the Challenge Games. That’s all man.

We have a chance to go on a streak with FAMU, SU and Alabama A&M up next in the Challenge Game. I can deal with a 11-9 record knowing the we have to momentum.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
MEAC blooded FAMU is going to destroy Norfolk State. I am not worried about that one.
Naw not at all. Norfolk had a lot of 2 and 4 point losses in the Meac last season and bring back 13 All conference player with proven guys at QB etc. Famu lost their championship team, has a new coach, and no starter at qb.

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD ROUTINELY JUST A FEW MONTHS AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THE DEMISE OF THE ONNIDAN BOARD. I HAVE NOTICED A DEFINITE FLAVOR IN SUPPORT OF THE SWAC AND SIAC OVER THE MEAC AND CIAA, IN ALMOST EVERY INTEREST AND ISSUE.

I HAVE SIMPLY COME TO ACCEPT THIS BIAS AS A FACT OF LIFE, WHEN PARTICIPATING ON THIS BOARD. :mad::mad:

IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED NUMBER OF MEAC AND CIAA POSTERS ON THIS BOARD.

Last edited:
I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD ROUTINELY JUST A FEW MONTHS AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THE DEMISE OF THE ONNIDAN BOARD. I HAVE NOTICED A DEFINITE FLAVOR IN SUPPORT OF THE SWAC AND SIAC OVER THE MEAC AND CIAA, IN ALMOST EVERY INTEREST AND ISSUE.

I JUST ACCEPT THIS BIAS AS A FACT OF LIFE, WHEN PARTICIPATING ON THIS BOARD. :mad::mad:

Welcome to the board! I used to love Onnidan. It was the OG in this medium and I really hated to see it go.
However, this board, while called HBCUSports, originated as the SWAC page. Then it morphed into The SWAC PAGE Network (TSPN). It later became HBCUSPorts but this site is still primarily a SWAC page. In fact, I still call it the SWAC page. Would be great to invoke some of that Onnidan flavor over here. It is truly missed.

Last edited:
Welcome to the board! I used to love Onnidan. It was the OG in this medium and I really hated to see it go.
However, this board, while called HBCUSports, originated at the SWAC page. Them it morphed into The SWAC PAGE Network (TSPN). It later became HBCUSPorts but this site is still primarily a SWAC page. In fact, I still call it the SWAC page. Would be great to invoke some of that Onnidan flavor over here. It is truly missed.
YOUR POST EXPLAINS A LOT AND PUTS THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE. THANX FOR THE INFO. ....AND I AM TRYING TO GET MORE PRIOR-ONNIDAN FOLKS IN HERE. WE USED TO HAVE SOME VERY SERIOUS AND LIVELY POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS/DEBATES OVER THERE. HERE...NOT SO MUCH.

I HAVE SIMPLY COME TO ACCEPT THIS BIAS AS A FACT OF LIFE, WHEN PARTICIPATING ON THIS BOARD. :mad::mad:

IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED NUMBER OF MEAC AND CIAA POSTERS ON THIS BOARD.

MEAC has 3 teams left. What are we talking about exactly?

Funny considering you definitely didn’t say “posters” in the original comment as I pointed out.

But anyway, relax and have fun. We talk big shit so these lil feelings of yours don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Keep up or shut up. 😂
THIS DISCUSSION IS OBVIOUSLY GOING NOWHERE; HOWEVER I LOOK FORWARD TO FUTURE ENGAGMENTS WITH YOU. ...AND I CAN KEEP UP, WHAT REMAINS TO BE SEEN IS IF YOU CAN.

Back