HBCU Football: MEAC coach feels disrespected in polls vs SWAC

Brother has a valid point. The MEAC traditionally walks the walks and talks the talk in the Celebration Bowl and Challenge Games. Especially when it’s their best vs our best. I hate it, but it’s facts.

All we have to do is start slapping them around in those games more often. I sure hope Bama State delivers the first blow of the season to the MEAC.

Brother has a valid point. The MEAC traditionally walks the walks and talks the talk in the Celebration Bowl and Challenge Games. Especially when it’s their best vs our best. I hate it, but it’s facts.

All we have to do is start slapping them around in those games more often. I sure hope Bama State delivers the first blow of the season to the MEAC.

The challenge has always been lop-sided. Typically their best vs our worst. No matter what anyone says, CB has a lot to do with prep time. When you look at SWAC vs MEAC regular season, the SWAC been on their head!

The challenge has always been lop-sided. Typically their best vs our worst. No matter what anyone says, CB has a lot to do with prep time. When you look at SWAC vs MEAC regular season, the SWAC been on their head!

When it’s an even match up, they have owned a winning record over us in the past 30 years bro. I hate it, but it’s a fact. Yes, sometimes we get regular season non-Challenge or non—Celebration wins, but we usually nut up when the bright lights are on vs the MEAC.

Glad SWAC renting FAMU beat Howard last year, but that was nothing more a good ole fashioned MEAC family fight.

When it’s an even match up, they have owned a winning record over us in the past 30 years bro. I hate it, but it’s a fact. Yes, sometimes we get regular season non-Challenge or non—Celebration wins, but we usually nut up when the bright lights are on vs the MEAC.

Glad SWAC renting FAMU beat Howard last year, but that was nothing more a good ole fashioned MEAC family fight.

That’s like saying the SWAC wasn’t up 100+ games over the MEAC until we made membership additions in the late 90’s and inherited losses from new members. You can’t have it both ways.

This would make sense if you were not comparing like 10 games to 50. Also, rarely has there been an even match up. Even JSU smoking SCState last year wasnt even. Alabama State vs Howard was pretty even tho.

That’s like saying the SWAC wasn’t up 100+ games over the MEAC until we made membership additions in the late 90’s and inherited losses from new members. You can’t have it both ways.

Right.... and JSU lost to A&T and Hampton mainly during James Bell years. One year A&T beat us was one of their best years ever and back then A&T didnt have many good years. JSU plays Hampton next year and gonna smoke em! ..and yea, I know that they are no longer SWAC but payback is payback! Now when we had 750 yards of offense vs A&T and they barely had 200 and we lost to them, I cant even explain that one! LOL

This would make sense if you were not comparing like 10 games to 50. Also, rarely has there been an even match up. Even JSU smoking SCState last year wasnt even. Alabama State vs Howard was pretty even tho.
Scsu beat the Meac Champ and finished the year 5-6

New members or not, the MEAC has been getting the best of us. We need to shut that shht down.

I agree that we need to shut it down. It’s hard for older SWAC folks to look at that mess and hear these new jack’s commentary.

Agreed. But it also sucks to know that we own an overall winning record over a conference that seems to outmuscle us in this era. I hate hearing Jay Walker saying “well the MEAC is more physical than the SWAC” throughout the entire broadcast of bright light games.

It’s time for a SWAC winning streak that includes the Challenge Game & Celebration Bowl Games. We do not need the SWAC to struggle with a fading FCS Conference! It makes our non conference record vs FCS foe looks even worst.

Agreed. But it also sucks to know that we own an overall winning record over a conference that seems to outmuscle us in this era. I hate hearing Jay Walker saying “well the MEAC is more physical than the SWAC” throughout the entire broadcast of bright light games.

It’s time for a SWAC winning streak that includes the Challenge Game & Celebration Bowl Games. We do not need the SWAC to struggle with a fading FCS Conference! It makes our non conference record vs FCS foe looks even worst.
..and they are not more physical at all. Even in the year when SCState beat JSU in the CB, where was all that physicality when SCState lost to AAMU and FAMU and Valley beat NCCU in that season? The rationale makes no sense. They just wanted to have something to say.

..and they are not more physical at all. Even in the year when SCState beat JSU in the CB, where was all that physicality when SCState lost to AAMU and FAMU and Valley beat NCCU in that season? The rationale makes no sense. They just wanted to have something to say.

I don’t know man. We just haven’t done enough in the past two-three decades for me to disagree with Jay Walker on that point. Our record vs them in that time isn’t pretty, and we have seen several teams get in the Celebration Bowl and Challenge Game and get roughed up by the MEAC backs, and slammed around by their linebackers. Several times! I hate it dude. We really lay eggs when the spotlight is on the big game. Yes, Valley beat NCCU in that regular season and I was proud of them, but NCCU won when the prize was on the line on ABC.

I am looking for us to start a streak of beating the MEAC when on ESPN and ABC in the Big FCS Games! It’s time for a change. Something is wrong if we can’t do this while the MEAC is on life support.

It's a SWAC world dawg!
I will give the SWAC credit, as they have alot more media converge compared to the MEAC. The MEAC only has six football schools and only 4 of those schools are typically good on a regular basis, (NCCU, Morgan, Howard, and SCSU), in recent years. There a question marks for three of the four schools:

NCCU - New starting QB
Morgan - will they find an offence
SCSU - new head coach

I don’t know man. We just haven’t done enough in the past two-three decades for me to disagree with Jay Walker on that point. Our record vs them in that time isn’t pretty, and we have seen several teams get in the Celebration Bowl and Challenge Game and get roughed up by the MEAC backs, and slammed around by their linebackers. Several times! I hate it dude. We really lay eggs when the spotlight is on the big game. Yes, Valley beat NCCU in that regular season and I was proud of them, but NCCU won when the prize was on the line on ABC.

I am looking for us to start a streak of beating the MEAC when on ESPN and ABC in the Big FCS Games! It’s time for a change. Something is wrong if we can’t do this while the MEAC is on life support.

NCCU beat a JSU team without our top defender and many other dlinemen out of the game and in the portal. If FAMU had to play without Hunt and a few more guys, Howard would have won. Kudos to NCCU tho. HOWEVER, you cant use two games and let that override everything else. The MEAC might still win more CB bowls especially now with the SWAC only getting a few days to prep. To me, that's not the barometer especially when we beating them in other matchups.

And at least the CB is fair. Half the time the Challenge is an eventual 9-3 MEAC team vs an eventual 3-9 SWAC team.

NCCU beat a JSU team without our top defender and many other dlinemen out of the game and in the portal. If FAMU had to play without Hunt and a few more guys, Howard would have won. Kudos to NCCU tho. HOWEVER, you cant use two games and let that override everything else. The MEAC might still win more CB bowls especially now with the SWAC only getting a few days to prep. To me, that's not the barometer especially when we beating them in other matchups.

And at least the CB is fair. Half the time the Challenge is an eventual 9-3 MEAC team vs an eventual 3-9 SWAC team.

Brother, we need to start winning the F’n Challenge Game! When that game is evenly match with our previous 1-3rd placed teams, we lay eggs. I want the SWAC to start beating their arse! Period. We play clean, they play dirty. We play straight up, they play low down. We play like tomorrow’s another day, they play like their lives are on the line.

Brother, we need to start winning the F’n Challenge Game! When that game is evenly match with our previous 1-3rd placed teams, we lay eggs. I want the SWAC to start beating their arse! Period. We play clean, they play dirty. We play straight up, they play low down. We play like tomorrow’s another day, they play like their lives are on the line.
They lead the challenge 11- 6 All time but we are currently on a 2 game winning streak. Hopefully 3 if famu don't fukk it up.

When have our 1-3rd place teams played in the game? Again, check your facts. It never happens. AlaState won the SWAC with Tavares Jackson. They next year they played in the challenge and had a losing season. Grambling won the SWAC with Bruce Eugene. The next year, they were in the challenge and had a 3 win season. JSU won the SWAC with Jimmy Oliver, the next year, they were in the challenge. Alcorn was whooping BCU and the game had to end. The next time Alcorn went to the challenge, they hadnt played a game in two years and lost to a team that lost to Valley. C'mon bruh. Had our good teams played, they would have won. There may have been 2-3 even matchups. Most years, the MEAC teams in the challenge ended the year as champs or had 8+ wins.

I want a 5 game winning streak that includes some arse beatings dammit. 😂
The SWAC has won 4 out of the last 6. Would be 5 out of the last 7 if the BCU-Alcorn game wasnt ended early. Again, you just talkin. LOL The only thing the MEAC is beating us in is the CB and if FAMU had to go to ATL like JSU did, down several dlinemen including our top Dlineman, Howard would have won by 2 TDs.

Back