HBCU Basketball Scores: 2/24 - 3/3

Men
PVAMU - 77
Su - 69

Missed free throws almost did us in, in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Come on Valley........ #1 seeding is on the line

But according to the bracket I just saw, pine bluff is 1, PV 2, and TSU 3... That would mean they they didn't follow their own tie breaker procedure... Lol

Point differential

Reading is fundamental. Like I mentioned earlier, according to what the SWAC put out just weeks ago, point differential is not a part of a 3 team tie breaker. The first tie breaker is record between the teams that are tied(which they say is win/loss record). To me, that sounds like winning percentage, which TSU would beat UAPB by having one less loss. However, it can also be interpreted as win/loss between these three schools only in head to head, which may be what they did. The next tie-breaker is wins against highest seed. The third is coin toss.......Point differential is NOWHERE in a 3 team tiebreaker.

http://www.swac.org/pdf9/5467916.pdf

Reading is fundamental. Like I mentioned earlier, according to what the SWAC put out just weeks ago, point differential is not a part of a 3 team tie breaker. The first tie breaker is record between the teams that are tied(which they say is win/loss record). To me, that sounds like winning percentage, which TSU would beat UAPB by having one less loss. However, it can also be interpreted as win/loss between these three schools only in head to head, which may be what they did. The next tie-breaker is wins against highest seed. The third is coin toss.......Point differential is NOWHERE in a 3 team tiebreaker.

The one who needs to take their own advice on READING is you. The only person who seems to be shocked that UAPB is the #1 seed is you trying to inject what YOU think the tie breaker should be. Everyone else in here knew this.

How would TxSU be a #2 seed and UAPB #3 when PB swept them?

Last edited:
The one who needs to take their own advice on READING is you. The only person who seems to be shocked that UAPB is the #1 seed is you trying to inject what YOU think the tie breaker should be. Everyone else in here knew this.

How would TxSU be a #2 seed and UAPB #3 when swept them?

I'm not shocked, because ultimately, that's the way it should have been. They got it right, but according to what they put out, they didn't follow their own procedures to get there. Why is that so hard to understand? How is this what I think? It's in black and white....Y'all the ones in here talking about point differentials....

That means win/loss record between the teams involved. UAPB 3-1, PVAMU 2-2 TSU 1-3, when that happens stu is eliminated and then it goes to the 2 team tie breaker which is where they get the point differential from since they went 1-1 against each other.

That means win/loss record between the teams involved. UAPB 3-1, PVAMU 2-2 TSU 1-3, when that happens stu is eliminated and then it goes to the 2 team tie breaker which is where they get the point differential from since they went 1-1 against each other.

There is no need for any tie-breaker after that. The order is determined there. It's stupid for a tie breaker to end up reverting to another tiebreaker.

There is no need for any tie-breaker after that. The order is determined there. It's stupid for a tie breaker to end up reverting to another tiebreaker.

Like I said on FB, that 3 team tie breaker is not set to determine a order, it is only set to eliminate a team. After that you go to the 2 team tie breaker rule which goes to point differential.

Back