HBCU Basketball: February 20-22

So, we penalize for doing a good job though it is expected? I get what you are saying but I am not in favor of penalizing a person for doing what some folk think is expected. Suppose the team had tanked then what?
I agree with you. It's already have for TSU going into SWAC play as a favorite to win it all. To actually live up to all the expectations makes the team and coaching staff even more impressive.

Someone has GOT to explain to me how SU lost 2 in a row and 3 of the last 5.... not THE great and talented SU.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
On one hand I could see Davis getting because he has the best team in the SWAC. Plus you gotta remember that TSU was only 1-12 I believe coming into conference play so getting them above .500 is commendable

But at the same time Alcorn was picked to finish at the bottom of the SWAC so to have them in 2nd place and above .500 is definitely deserving of COTY

You can't go wrong with either. This is the SWAC though.

I'm biased but Romain can get NOTY (and give Griffin FOTY) coming into the SWAC and is one of the top scorers in the league.

I would go with Paris Collins or Chase Franklin for Newcomer of the year. Two transfers for JSU that could potentially lead them to a 2nd Place finish in the Conference.

Yeah. He was a good get for us. He is from San Antonio. Has two more Years of eligibility. I love the way he competes.

Yeah, my homeboy who is from San Antonio had to point his "home town" out every time he scored against us. He'll slap the floor on defense and we would never take advantage of when he'd do that.

But no Player of the Year? Where does Paris rank defensively? Rebounds? Blocked shots?
I'm not sure but I can tell you right now he can guard anybody in this league 1-4. When jsu puts him on the opposing teams best player he shuts them down. I'm quite sure he leads the league in steals.

Come on now....This is the SWAC.....the best player never gets player of the year in any sport. We can have 1st team All-American, but they would be 2nd team All-SWAC!

Back