HBCU Baseball and Softball: February 29 - March 6

Damn, Gram.......you gotta make them take that ride!!! Ain't no way I agree to that. You gotta find somewhere to play on that end of the state.
Why. It was their home game. They used our field for free lol. They could have moved it to a High school in Ruston, but I think they figured they could make more money at SU.

Why. It was their home game. They used our field for free lol. They could have moved it to a High school in Ruston, but I think they figured they could make more money at SU.
I don't know why they didn't play the series at Ruston High. They've played their before and Ruston wasn't home. Or moved it to Shreveport.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well, if they figured that.........they dumb as hell!!!!!!!!!!! Did SU pick up their tab for travel, lodging, and food?? If not, they got the sucka end of that deal.

I don't know if they got the sucker end of the deal. I think Grambling was considering that they would make more money by playing it at Southern instead of anywhere else. Also, it was probably rent free as well.

Well, let me ask this................would SU do the same if their field wasn't ready??? Would they go to Gram twice??? Hell no..........they would find somewhere in BR to play.

But that would make sense because with SU's tradition and baseball following, I am sure they would get more support with it being in BR instead of taking it to Grambling.

Well, let me ask this................would SU do the same if their field wasn't ready??? Would they go to Gram twice??? Hell no..........they would find somewhere in BR to play.
No we wouldn't have. You would have to ask Gram why they agreed to it. SU already has TV, Negro League weekend thing setup that weekend. The switch was last minute. Heard about the 2 days before the game.

Back