Has anyone heard........?

Clarksdale_Wildcat

Has anyone heard about Tommy Hilfiger on the Oprah Winfrey Show?? Well I was forward an e-mail that stated that Tommy admitted to saying his racist comment regarding his clothes. Being a real sista, Oprah told Tommy to leave her show. So I was informed from a Kent Co., Michigan personnel worker who e-mailed me this that there might be a boycott of TH. So tell me what yall think??

SAY MAN.......

<MARQUEE><FONT SIZE=25>THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM FOR THIS POST......THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE REFFERED TO THE YARD FORUM.</MARQUEE></FONT>

*TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.....THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS.....WE (IN THE MID-WEST) HAVE STOPPED WEARING TOMMY FOR YEARS NOW BECAUSE OF THE RACIST COMMENTS THAT HILFIGER HAS MADE.....WE'RE STRICTILY ON THE POLO, NAUTICA, ETC. TOMMY GETS NO PLAY HERE......
AS A MATTER OF FACT...THE ONLY PLACE THAT I'VE SEEN PEOPLE STILL WEARING TOMMY IS DOWN SOUTH.....

This rumor is so old it is growing mold. It is at least six years old. He never said that. Do you guys honestly think that if he had said that, that you would have to get an e-mail to tell you. Don't you think that at least ONE of your homeboys, homegirls, baby daddy's grandmamma or somebody would have seen the show and they could tell you what they saw??? Don't you think the NAACP or would have sent something out?? Don't you think this would have been on the evening news??? I will not say that he does not feel this way but even Oprah said that it never happened on her show.

I COULD CARE LESS......
TOMMY IS PLAYED OUT ANYWAY.......:eek:

Originally posted by Tigerpride
This rumor is so old it is growing mold. It is at least six years old. He never said that. Do you guys honestly think that if he had said that, that you would have to get an e-mail to tell you. Don't you think that at least ONE of your homeboys, homegirls, baby daddy's grandmamma or somebody would have seen the show and they could tell you what they saw??? Don't you think the NAACP or would have sent something out?? Don't you think this would have been on the evening news??? I will not say that he does not feel this way but even Oprah said that it never happened on her show.

Bruh it happened and my sister was at the show when he said it. That's why I refuse to wear any of his clothes or anything associated with him.

Bruh, I hate to tell you but your sister might have been lying. Here is a link that has a link to Oprahs official website whe she herself does a special segment to end the rumors.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa121698.htm

Maybe your sister went this show:

You might also consider visiting Oprah Winfrey's own site to see what she has to say. Turns out she did a special segment during her January 11, 1999 show specifically to put this lie to rest. "Mr. Hilfiger has never appeared on the show," reads the synopsis. "In fact, Oprah has never even met him."

As for this thread being on another forum, I just wanted to see what the bandlovers had to say and actually I've heard this rumor before, it just that the way it was sent to me yesterday like it was saying it happened again. As for me wearing TH is no-no anyway because like everyone else- Nautica, Phat Farm, Fubu,etc. is what everyone wears now. And Supakat, say that in the areas of the South that you've been to or stayed at wears a lot of TH, because in the area of the MS Delta that I stay, blacks are not that hot on Tommy. Thanx for letting me know how yall felt.

Urban Legends

Come on now Tommy Hilfiger has never even been on Oprah. She said it herself. There was this show on ABC a few years back that talked about all the rumors floating around. They addressed the Monica being pregnanat rumor(no she wasn't and has never been at the time). They talked to Oprah and Tommy Hilfiger about this so called racist comments. Tommy Hilfiger himself said he has never been on Opah's show. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh my goodness...

If that ain't the oldest rumor....That came out in what...the ice age? That's fine by me whatever he said cause he's way outta style now.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When the Black Label goes on sale, call me

I mostly wear Ralph Lauren, and always have. I don't know if he is racist or not, but Ralph's clothes fit me in places that Tom's mess couldn't begin to. Always has, always will.

Do you people think any of these white designers make their isht for you black people anyway? Hell, it ain't just Tommy.

:rolleyes:

Look, I just wear clothes....as long as they look good, fit right, and reasonably priced. It doesn't matter if it's from Wal-Mart or Tommy or whatever.

But hey, that could just be me....

But at least Tommy will go on sale. FUBU arses never go on sale. "L" I can get two Tommy shirts for what I would pay for FUBU that is if I wore any of that. I get whatever fits an looks nice and is in my price range.

Back