Greg Anthony: Kobe Better Than Michael!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Jordan have won with starters such as Chris Mihm, Luke Walton, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Just askin.

By the way, without Scottie Pippen, Jordan never got close to a championship. Funny, how people never mention that.

Jordan won a title with Luc Longley, Bill Cartwight and Will Purdue at center...You are right Jordan never won a title without Pippen. Pippen never won one without Jordan either.

However, Jordan was in late 30s when he retired from the Bulls and then tried to come back with the Wizards. It is hard as heck for a man that age to carry at team to a championship. Plus, Kobe is 30 and the organization put better players around him like adding Gasol and Fisher and Odom. That is why the Lakers are in the Finals. They have better talent around Kobe.

So, if Greg Anthony said that Lamar Odom was better than Scottie Pippen, would you believe that too????

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jordan won a title with Luc Longley, Bill Cartwight and Will Purdue at center...You are right Jordan never won a title without Pippen. Pippen never won one without Jordan either.

However, Jordan was in late 30s when he retired from the Bulls and then tried to come back with the Wizards. It is hard as heck for a man that age to carry at team to a championship. Plus, Kobe is 30 and the organization put better players around him like adding Gasol and Fisher and Odom. That is why the Lakers are in the Finals. They have better talent around Kobe.

Actually, Pippen, without Jordan, would've been in the NBA championship against the Rockets if not for that last second call in the Knicks game.

Whether Pippen was second fiddle or not, he's still considered one of the 50 greatest players of all time, and Jordan had him as a support player in each championship game.

Kobe doesn't have that luxury.

Boy kobe has all kind of luxury.. a very strong bench... If it wasn't for Jordan Farmar we would be seeing a game 6....Lamar Odem is as effective as Pippen was in Chicago earlier runs for the Lakers....Gasille is an All-Star caliber player.. Kobe cried for that team.. Honestly, before ole boy got hurt Lakers was WELL stacked.. Lefted alot of responsibilty off of Kobe.. Kobe has it good.. But it won't be enough to get with the Celtics...

Whether Pippen was second fiddle or not, he's still considered one of the 50 greatest players of all time, and Jordan had him as a support player in each championship game.

Kobe doesn't have that luxury.

jayrob,
The players you named (Kwame Brown, Parker,etc) are not starters now, yet you asked could Jordan win with them. My question is what did kobe win with them.

Actually, Pippen, without Jordan, would've been in the NBA championship against the Rockets if not for that last second call in the Knicks game.
The Spurs would be in the finals right now IF they had won game one... or game 4.......

jayrob,
The players you named (Kwame Brown, Parker,etc) are not starters now, yet you asked could Jordan win with them. My question is what did kobe win with them.

That's my point. Nobody could win with them, so how could Kobe make them better if they're not capable of being better?

Bottom line is, each time Jordan won a championship, he had an All-Star, a top 50 all-time player in Scottie Pippen standing right next to him, to take on some of that load.

It's apparent that those who think the world of Jordan will never accept that anyone could be better than him. Kobe, IMO, is just as good as Jordan. The way that team is playing, he could lead them to 3 straight. We'll see. Put them on a court, and they'd both have problems with each other. At this point, I won't argue anyone who says either is better.

So, if Greg Anthony said that Lamar Odom was better than Scottie Pippen, would you believe that too????

EXACTLY.. these loss canons in here will believe anything.. JayRob is sorta smart when it come to not believing isht from the national media when it comes to governmental affairs... but he gets kind of slow when it involves Kobe.. Greg Anthony arse shole in h3ll couldn't stop Jordan so who is he to say anything??!?!
Those less than steller players that are now annoucers will say what the NBA want them to say...

As long as those folk we putting our trust into to believe their opinion stay stuck on Magic and Jordan the more potential watchers will have the attitude.. "I done seen the best play already, I ain't missing too much"....

It's like that because in Basketball and indiviual can affect that sport more than any one individual can in any other sport.... So they will say dumb isht like that when it is a younger audience listening that may not know any better, especially those who were too young to get a chance to even watch Majig Johnson, Larry Bird or Michael Jordan...

Trust me as soon as Kobe leave the game they will replace him QUICK.. Shat He is already sharing the spot light now with LJ and soon Chris Paul...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bottom line is, each time Jordan won a championship, he had an All-Star, a top 50 all-time player in Scottie Pippen standing right next to him, to take on some of that load.
but,
Jordan was MVP each time. He was the first option. He was the go to guy. He was the leader.
You know, kinda like Shaq was MVP each time kobe has won one.
Please don't make me post that picture again.
LOL

and kobe aint playing with Smush and Kwame now and he didnt lead them to a championship.

Please don't bring that up. Hugh Hollins....:angry: Worst call than the Fisher no foul call against Brent Barry.

hmmm.. Answer the question..

Did he ever come CLOSE to even stopping Jordan?

Neither could be "stopped".

But that doesnt make him any less of an expert on who was harder to guard. I mean...he did actually do it.

Then again, I guess all of the camera angles that TNT gives you makes you the expert's expert. Wait..or is it the reps you put in on NBA Live? I get confused on your credentials..my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back