Grambling vs Hampton in Jersey

tony11

This use to be a good game back in the day. The last time these two met in Jersey was 1999. This was a great rivalry

Attachments

• 21CE6118-19D4-4239-AD87-53DE327FAEC4.jpeg
    21CE6118-19D4-4239-AD87-53DE327FAEC4.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 17
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
For real?:oops: That one has been dead for decades.
I was thinking this one last year it was Howard/Morehouse but I
understood that to be a 3year deal.
So far, I see no updates on their website.
And I don't see Morehouse on Howard's
schedule yet altho it isn't complete.

Whitney M Young Classic? Could it be?
🤔
I think Howard will possibly be in the Truth and Services classic again this year against Hampton at Audi Field.

tigertrail, that is correct. Howard v. Hampton at Audi Field in DC. Sept. 16.

That's a nice stadium. May check that game out this year also. One of friends from Hampton went to the game last year. She said it was nice. I saw the game on tv and the women looked lovely.

That's a nice stadium. May check that game out this year also. One of friends from Hampton went to the game last year. She said it was nice. I saw the game on tv and the women looked lovely.
Yeah it's really nice. I went two years ago for the Howard - Hampton game and man the atmosphere was amazing and all the festivities. I'll be there again this year.

Valley and Alcorn played in the Chicago Classic in 2010 I believe

I guess I should have been more specific in the North East region.
I know the last time Alcorn played up there was 2004 vs Hampton. I think we played against Howard in DC in 2006.

It was called the Urban League Classic then, should be a good game with Grambling and Hampton.
View: https://youtu.be/5F0-flga87I

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Check your history as the Icon Grambling Tigers are simply going home to the NYC area with this game. We played in NYC area for over 30 consecutive years before the steak ended in 1999. Playing in NYC made Icon Gram a household name. Like SU and FAM series, Grambling should have never stopped playing games in NYC.

Returning to NYC area was long overdue.

I guess I should have been more specific in the North East region.
I know the last time Alcorn played up there was 2004 vs Hampton. I think we played against Howard in DC in 2006.

It was called the Urban League Classic then, should be a good game with Grambling and Hampton.
View: https://youtu.be/5F0-flga87I

Yeah I remember that. Someone backed out a the last minute and Dennis Thomas, being AD at Hampton at the time, was able to get Alcorn in the game. I also remember that Alcorn game in DC when 12 people showed up.

Check your history as the Icon Grambling Tigers are simply going home to the NYC area with this game. We played in NYC area for over 30 consecutive years before the steak ended in 1999. Playing in NYC made Icon Gram a household name. Like SU and FAM series, Grambling should have never stopped playing games in NYC.

Returning to NYC area was long overdue.

If you go, let me know!

Its use to be a fund raiser designed to pay for blacks to go Ivy League schools. I never attended when I was in Philadelphia because of the fact that they did not help send students to HBCUs and I saw no history of those that went to the Ivy League schools helping HBCUs.
They were helping to fund black students to attend where? 😱😱😱😱😱😱👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

lol Dayam.

Yeah I remember that. Someone backed out a the last minute and Dennis Thomas, being AD at Hampton at the time, was able to get Alcorn in the game. I also remember that Alcorn game in DC when 12 people showed up.
this game?
so Alcorn and Grambling are the only two to play up there in recent times correct?
327754681_564267088959720_2197851678806055527_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back