Good Marches other than...

zack

Can anyone suggest a good march for a marching band to play other than
1. King Cotton
2. Stars and Strips Forever
3. Purple Carnival
4. In Storm and Sunshine
or any other marches that HBCU plays....

in other words ...

I need to hear some new ones...

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by SUtrp96
"March Grandioso"

I hate that one... we played it so much in H.S. And played it almost every year since '88 when they played for the pope....:mad:

Washington Post and Stemper Fidelis are some good ones.

• Sol Y Sombra
  • Radetzky March
  • Racokzy March
  • March Militaire
  • Thunder & Blazes
  • National Spirit
  • Lassus Trombone
  • The Gladiator
  • Under the Double Eagle
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Crosley
  • Black Horse Troupe
  • El Capitan
  • Solid Men to the Front
  • The Klaxon

Originally posted by Black_Reign
I hate that one... we played it so much in H.S. And played it almost every year since '88 when they played for the pope....:mad:

Washington Post and Stemper Fidelis are some good ones.

I believe it is "Sempler Fidelis" that is a good one...

But I guess just like you hate .."March Gradioso"

I hate the heck out of "Washington Post" Easton been playing that march since forever..... That's was almost like our second fight song...

UAPB plays Washington Post and March Grandioso. Other marches we play are Black Horse Troop-J.P Sousa, Freelance March, and Lassus Trombone

Originally posted by SUtrp96
I believe it is "Sempler Fidelis" that is a good one...

But I guess just like you hate .."March Gradioso"

I hate the heck out of "Washington Post" Easton been playing that march since forever..... That's was almost like our second fight song...

well if you play something repetivly it gets tiresome and St.Aug played Gradioso every year I was there (96-00) and every year from 87-00... then brought it back from 01 to now...

When I was in symphonic band at loyola this past year I was pissed when we played it for that dag on concert we had in chicago.

But the Symphony orchestra arangement of washington post is more interesting to play than the matching band one.

oh I know I misspelled semper Fidelis... that is why you get when you type tired...

Hey...

Anyone know where to find these marches on the internet. Like audio files or maybe a cd with most of these marches on them.
Holla at me...

Re: Hey...

Originally posted by zack
Anyone know where to find these marches on the internet. Like audio files or maybe a cd with most of these marches on them.
Holla at me...
Sousa can easily be found in a record store. If you're talking about the scores itself. Southern Music Company is one of a few companies that has a monopoly on the publishing rights to this kind of music. This is where I order most of my classical pieces.

Originally posted by Legend35
Jubilee - George Kenny
Gloria March - F. H. Losey
The Man Behind The Gun March - John Phillip Sousa
Is that the same one or are they different?

Re: Hey...

Originally posted by zack
Holla at me...
I just got off Half ebay.com and they got tuns of marches on cd. You might want to check that out as well. When you get there just type in music and marches in the two search boxes.

what about trombone king, onward and upward (basically a bone slider), and them basses.

i love rolling thunder, tromebone king and purple carnival.

Originally posted by Legend35
Is that the same one or are they different?

Nope. The Gloria Concert March is different. Really powerful. It's effects are a little similar to Purple Carnival.

Back