FSU Freshman QB De'Andre Johnson suspended, reportedly accused of punching woman in face

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Florida State running back Dalvin Cook will be served with an arrest warrant after being accused of punching a woman in the face outside a bar in June, ESPN's Mark Schlabach reports.

Florida state attorney Willie Meggs told ESPN that Cook will face a misdemeanor battery charge. A conviction could result in a year in jail and up to a $1,000 fine,according to Sports Illustrated's Michael McCann.

The Tallahassee Democratreported earlier that Cook, a 19-year-old sophomore who rushed for 1,008 yards as a freshman, was under investigation for the battery of a 21-year-old woman on June 23.

The alleged victim does not attend Florida State, according to ESPN. She told ESPN that a man—not Cook—asked for her phone number, but she declined, saying that she had a boyfriend and wasn't interested. She alleged that a confrontation grew heated, with Cook eventually punching her in the face several times.

"They kept telling me they were football players," the woman told ESPN. "They kept telling me to Google them. They told me they were football players and they could buy me in two years."

The alleged victim told police she plans to press criminal charges against Cook, according to ESPN.

A partially redacted police report revealed the victim was intoxicated and had suffered “minor abrasion/bruises” from the incident at Clydes and Costello's, a bar just off Florida State campus, according to The Tallahassee Democrat. The report did not list a suspect, but according to The Tallahassee Democrat, the victim was able to identify one out of a lineup.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...ate-dalvin-cook-battery-investigation-charges

The local news stated that one of the witnesses, another FSU football player, told authorities that one of the girls took a swing at another teammate, WR Travis Rudolph.

On the flip side, on of the victims told ESPN that she turned down one of the players trying to get her number, and that Cook decided to punch her.

This is not good...

The local news stated that one of the witnesses, another FSU football player, told authorities that one of the girls took a swing at another teammate, WR Travis Rudolph.

On the flip side, on of the victims told ESPN that she turned down one of the players trying to get her number, and that Cook decided to punch her.

This is not good...
Also that they told them they could buy them in 2 years.

Back