FSA

I didn't really think much about it when I was with a company that offered it. If it was offered at my current job I would be all over it. Wisdom really does come with age...as well as more medical expenses.

I just notice alot of "us" don't take advantage of it and don't care to learn about it.

You are so right about that. However, even though we use it now, it is something that we should have done much earlier.
You know what they say....knowledge is power!

I don't have one now, but when we were paying major daycare cost, we put it to use.

I'm a major proponent of using them and I have had to work with co-workers to teach them how they work. When I attend health and benefit events for my customers I find many of our people don't really know how they can benefit from participating in a FSA.

I was paying $10K per year in daycare expenses until my twins where 6 years old. I opted to participate to the fullest ($5000 per year) in the dependent care reimbursement program at my job. I also participated ($2500 per year) in the medical reimbursement program. That was $7500 per year that the government COULD NOT TAX.

Did you know that you get reimbursed $0.35/mile for driving to your local drug store to buy over-the-counter medicine?

Its a good thing.

I was paying $10K per year in daycare expenses until my twins where 6 years old. I opted to participate to the fullest ($5000 per year) in the dependent care reimbursement program at my job. I also participated ($2500 per year) in the medical reimbursement program. That was $7500 per year that the government COULD NOT TAX.

Did you know that you get reimbursed $0.35/mile for driving to your local drug store to buy over-the-counter medicine?

Its a good thing.
No I didn't. What line does that go on on the tax form? Tell me more. I don't know why I'm asking when I walk to my pharmacy as it's inside my company.

No I didn't. What line does that go on on the tax form? Tell me more. I don't know why I'm asking when I walk to my pharmacy as it's inside my company.

It should be a line item on your reimbursement form for your FSA account. My daughter broke her ankle and she was in and out of the doctor for about 4 months. They sent us to a doctor here, there, and everywhere. I had to pay to park, but crutches, boots, etc. I bought wraps, ice, medicine and everything. I got reimbursed for everything it took me to get her foot well (medicine, boots, transportation, parking, etc.)

It should be a line item on your reimbursement form for your FSA account. My daughter broke her ankle and she was in and out of the doctor for about 4 months. They sent us to a doctor here, there, and everywhere. I had to pay to park, but crutches, boots, etc. I bought wraps, ice, medicine and everything. I got reimbursed for everything it took me to get her foot well (medicine, boots, transportation, parking, etc.)
Oh, you mean reimbursed by FSA. I thought you meant on my taxes. :D

DAng Sperm, I didn't know parking at the doc's office could be reimbursed. I know some companies have parking and commuter FSA's available for their employee's. And yes, I use both of my FSA's- Healthcare and Dependent Care. Got a debit card for the healthcare part to swipe at the pharmacy and buy OTC medicine for the family. GREAT tool to use.

Back