First diabetes...now this...

Don't know about yall, but if I'm ever laid off...it's strait to the field of education. It's where I feel I could make the greatest impact in my community and earn a paycheck at the same time.

Of course I would keep my small tax practice...would probably expand it since I would no longer have the Exxon demands!

Wait a minute Kenn....they let you clean off your desk and still have access to your computer. They are nice. That aint how they do it here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Get Ready
Wait a minute Kenn....they let you clean off your desk and still have access to your computer. They are nice. That aint how they do it here.

Yeah, the company I was working for was a start up company and is owned by a black baptist minister. He was cool about it. Believe me, he had no joy in letting me go.

Sorry to hear about all the bad news, it seems companies are using the Sep 11, event to get rid of employees.

Suggest for a temp fix try putting in for some of those Admin jobs at Police Departments or County and City Governments. In most cities they claim we don't apply.

Today you have to really know someone to get hired.

Kenn, I am sorry to hear this. I have only one word for you and it is "promotion". This is a set up by God to really open doors for you. I know you hate losing your job and it is tough, but God has something better for you. Just trust and seek Him.:)

P.S. Going through tough times develops your character.

Time to put up or shutup!

I left my job on my own in November after completing my obligation and being very prayerful. I simply stepped out on faith. Only you and God know each other well enough to know if you're sincere. Your faith is being tested. Ask God to show you your purpose in life. Don't ask unless you're prepared to see the answer. The lay-off is part of the plan he has for you. When you know your purpose you know your true happiness. Whether or not you want to acknowledge and follow what He has in store for you is up to you. The offers and blessings are still coming on my end. He's good even when you think things are bad.

Don't know about yall, but if I'm ever laid off...it's strait to the field of education. It's where I feel I could make the greatest impact in my community and earn a paycheck at the same time.

Of course I would keep my small tax practice...would probably expand it since I would no longer have the Exxon demands.

You're right! Teachers are in demand. Go for it!

Note:
</font color=green>*Pray about it. But, if you're going to pray about it, don't worry about it. If you're going to worry about it, don't pray about it.*</font>

Me and Jag4Jag's lay-offs had nothing to do with Sept. 11. They had everything to do with the budget of the "Resident" in Chief. And he was supposed to be a good 'ol Texas boy. :rolleyes:

Exactly..."Resident..."

Originally posted by jag4life
Me and Jag4Jag's lay-offs had nothing to do with Sept. 11. They had everything to do with the budget of the "Resident" in Chief. And he was supposed to be a good 'ol Texas boy. :rolleyes:

That's what happened to the kid

Originally posted by jag4life

That's why my arse is in Houston now !!!!

Kenn, you're gonna be alright. I mean, you can always sell a kidney if times get lean...

:D

Re: Time to put up or shutup!

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
I left my job on my own in November after completing my obligation and being very prayerful. I simply stepped out on faith. Only you and God know each other well enough to know if you're sincere. Your faith is being tested. Ask God to show you your purpose in life. Don't ask unless you're prepared to see the answer. The lay-off is part of the plan he has for you. When you know your purpose you know your true happiness. Whether or not you want to acknowledge and follow what He has in store for you is up to you. The offers and blessings are still coming on my end. He's good even when you think things are bad.

You're right! Teachers are in demand. Go for it!

Note:
</font color=green>*Pray about it. But, if you're going to pray about it, don't worry about it. If you're going to worry about it, don't pray about it.*</font>

What APW said 101%!!! I'm sorry to hear about the layoff AND the condition dawg. Hang in there. We've come toooooooooo far to be turned--------->.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back