Fall Enrollment at Mississippi Universities

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/30004260/fall-2015-enrollment-at-mississippi-public-universities

Alcorn State: 3,594, -1.2%
Delta State: 3,460, -4.3 percent
Jackson State: 9,802, +3.1 percent
Miss. State: 20,873, +3.6 percent
Miss. Univ. for Women: 2,676, -0.7 percent
Miss. Valley State: 2,310, +4 percent
Univ. of Miss.: 23,838, +3.2 percent
Univ. of Southern Miss.: 14,579, -1.4 percent

Total all universities: 81,132, +1.8 percent

Source: College Board.

Southern Miss only has 14K? JSU may pass them up in the future. Maybe in 5-10 years. Delta State took a dip and Valley increased by almost the same rate as Delta State's decrease. I wonder if that is by coincidence or not. It would be nice to see the black student numbers in that decrease So basically Ole Piss, State, and JSU had over 3% increases. Valley had 4% and Delta State had the biggest decrease. Interesting. Surprised Alcorn didn't have an increase. Glad for Valley. Hope they keep growing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU enrollment growth tops in state
The Clarion-Ledger, 5:55 p.m. CDT September 20, 2015

Enrollment has grown by 10.8 percent at Jackson State University over the past three years, the largest increase of any state-assisted college or university, according to fall enrollment figures released by the state College Board.

With an enrollment of 9,802 students, JSU is now the fourth-largest historically black college or university in the country, behind Florida A&M University, North Carolina A&T University and Howard University.

Nicole Evans, JSU vice president for enrollment management and institutional research, said JSU’s freshman class is at an all-time high of 1,252 students.

“This represents a 4.7 percent increase over last year’s number of 1,196. We are really excited to report that the number of non-resident first-time freshmen has grown by 17.1 percent since last year,” she said.

JSU enrollment growth tops in state

If USM keep the brother as president, JSU will catch them in a few years. They have been on a decline every since he took over. I am a little surprised that Alcorn declined 1.2%.

I hope we can catch USM.

Well...don't count on the state to help
If USM keep the brother as president, JSU will catch them in a few years. They have been on a decline every since he took over. I am a little surprised that Alcorn declined 1.2%.

I was thinking the same thing. Them folks started a Civil War and got 600k folks killed rather than accept a brother as their equal. So, I can't imagine they'd let they're kids go to a school with a brother in charge. They don't fly that stars and bars on the state flag for nothing.

BTW, I hope these brothers playing for Ole Miss realize that folks going to showing a spot light on 'em if they keep wining. I see a sister is trying to get corporate sponsors to stop supporting the SEC (I think) and Ole Miss and MSU football because of the state flag.

Back