"Existing While Black" Thread Part II

A black woman on the cover of a comic book

Yes this is the SECOND time this has happened.

Black woman owning a comic book store

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....kyries-disbands-after-failing-in-mission.html

I own and operate Visionary Comics, a comic shop in California. I was the first black woman on the west coast to open a comics retail store. As a black woman in this industry, I have faced my share of harassment. I have been called SJW trash and racial slurs, I have had customers smear my character on the internet and spread lies about me in secret Facebook groups. Comics isn’t for the faint of heart if you are a Black woman.

The inciting incident was #makeminemilkshake. In June of 2017 Heather Antos, a Marvel Comics Editor (and a white woman), tweeted a photo of her and her female co-workers going out and getting milkshakes – only for her innocuous post to receive hate and vicious DMs from Marvel fanboys accusing her of politicizing comic books, and being the reason for the decline of the quality of the stories being told by the publisher. Basically saying women editing books are the reason Marvel’s stories are garbage.

An outpouring of support came from all over the industry on different social media platforms. Twitter users created the hashtag #makeminemilkshake in solidarity with Heather Antos. Women and creators in the comics industry posted pictures of themselves drinking milkshakes. The hashtag went viral and hundreds of women and men participated. Even Marvel and DC tweeted in support of the hashtag, affirming their support of women within the industry. I believe what happened to Antos was awful and no one deserves to be harassed for drinking a milkshake with their friends.

The problem with the resounding response to her harassment is Black women and women of color in comics get hassled and harassed on a daily basis. Yet no one makes a hashtag for them. No one fights for them when the comics dudebros go after their stories or their art. It’s because of this lack of support of Black women and women of color in comics that I didn’t want to participate in the hashtag.

Can not have an action figure....

Man buys a bunch of Star Wars Last Jedi figures to DESTROY because he "dislikes" SJW and mainly Rose (along with Finn).

One little issue-
Bought a whole crate of these to livestream destroying them with scissors to own the SJWs. Turns out they’re made of metal.

Those figures go for $24.99 each (all 10 of them)

So a judge can put you in their courtroom just so they can sight you with contempt and have you arrested???

Right. I don't understand why she allowed him to #1, put his hands on her illegally and then #2, lead her back to the courtroom. She wasn't under arrest w/ an arrest warrant lol OR under a summons to appear in court so why allow him to do that??? Dumb dummy.

Folks need to educate themselves in the law.

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisi...ibution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

The first issue of DC’s new event series Heroes In Crisis has arrived with the superhero crisis center named Sanctuary turned into a crime scene after someone murdered the institution’s superhero patients.
However, we shouldn’t quickly dismiss the deaths of some of the C-level heroes in Heroes In Crisis, especially when one invokes imagery from a real-world event that changed the landscape of American history and its obsession with guns.

On February 26, 2012, Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by George Zimmerman during a physical altercation in Sanford, FL. Much of the coverage of the court case centered on Zimmerman, who was the head of the community’s neighborhood watch, believing Martin was a suspicious person based on his wearing of a dark gray hoodie over his head.

After Martin’s death and Zimmerman’s acquittal, social media users changed their profiles to show themselves wearing hoodies as a sign of protest and solidarity, with the headgear now universally recognized as an homage to the late Martin. So with that in mind, Heroes In Crisis #1 curiously depicts the young Hot Spot, an African-American former member of the pre-New 52 Teen Titans, as one of the many casualties — while wearing a gray hoodie.

Finally, we get the zoomed in close-up of Hot Spot’s hooded face with a single tear flowing down his cheek and right eye wide open. This panel is very chilling when you consider this could very well be how Martin’s body was recovered on that rainy night in Florida — both young Black males gunned down when they had their entire lives ahead of them.

Back