Embattled Bell, JSU brass meet. Coach says his future was not a topic of discussion

Dr. Tripp

http://clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs....30101/410200358

Embattled Bell, JSU brass meet

But second-year coach says his future was not a topic of discussion

By Mark Alexander
malexander@clarionledger.com

Embattled Jackson State football coach James Bell met with president Ronald Mason Jr. and athletic director Roy Culberson on Monday.

According to Bell and Culberson, that meeting didn't include any talk of Bell's immediate future as the Tigers' head coach, as widely speculated.

"No," Bell said prior to Tuesday's practice. "We haven't had any discussions about my future or any of those things. It's the middle of the season. At the end of the year, I'm sure they'll go through the process as far as evaluations, just like I do."

If JSU loses one more game, it will mark the program's first back-to-back losing seasons since 1968-69.

"Things haven't gone the way we wanted them to go, especially the past two weeks," Bell said. "We haven't been productive."

Culberson hopes so, too. He spent much of his day answering e-mails sent his way by angry JSU fans and alumni. Not that he needs to be reminded how big a role the football team plays in the success of the overall athletic program.

Re: Embattled Bell, JSU brass meet. Coach says his future was not a topic of discuss

Well then, I wonder what the hell they were talking about, a raise of something?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Embattled Bell, JSU brass meet. Coach says his future was not a topic of discuss

I saw his arse on the newscast's last night.

Looked like a "Deer caught in Headlight's." :emlaugh:

No smuggness, no nothing.................more like "I BE DAMMMMED". :emlaugh:

............and no MH ..............Mr. Giggles didn't show up. :wavey:

I saw it too!

He's outta here......at least I hope so.

I guess they had that "Come to Jesus" meeting with him. Is it true they may let him go, as soon as, Friday. Will Culberson still be around?

Have not heard anything about him being let go by Friday.

I figure this clown will be around until about 2 seconds after the CCC. :wavey: :nod2: :wavey: :nod2: :wavey: :nod2: :wavey:

jstate83 said:
Have not heard anything about him being let go by Friday.

I figure this clown will be around until about 2 seconds after the CCC. :wavey: :nod2: :wavey: :nod2: :wavey: :nod2: :wavey:

I honestly hate it, for the players and the university. My brother fell victim to some of this same "Culberson Crap" at University of North Texas. (Basketball) My dad saw J-state at Northwestern last year and was wondering "what was wrong with the football team." A JSU fan told him(my dad) that Culberson(AD) had hired a friend of his to coach the football team. My dad told the JSU fan to pass the popcorn. He knew that was trouble.

I hope you guys replace both of them and restore your program.(No Smack)

Will the JSU faithfuls come to Grambling this weekend?

TRU2GSU said:

Maybe, if Bell isn't coaching, they will show up.

TRU2GSU said:

I will be there.... I'm supporting our kids, not the coach....

:nod2:

I feel the same way about J-State. Much respect for thier tradition and passion of the fan base. I hope to see the Blue and White in full force Saturday night. If Bell is let go, I hope they use the Arkansas Pine Bluff method for hiring a coach. I think that Forte has actually brought the D-1A style of play to the SWAC that Bell claimed to be trying to institute. Watching what that guy did with the talent he had last Saturday was truly impressive. We need to raise the bar of coaching in the SWAC so that we get all 10 teams on a competative level of play.

Taylor-Made'90 said:

Gald to hear that, because the kids still needs our support regardless.

Taylor-Made'90 said:

:tup:

You guys can send Bell and Culberson to Houston. Frenchy's chicken is hiring.

(I like my chicken with extra seasoning)

If JSU fires Bell, it may be hard to get a good candidate in there. He has only 8 of his own recruits and majority of the coaches don't come in and win with someone elses recruits.

Da_Sperm said:
If JSU fires Bell, it may be hard to get a good candidate in there. He has only 8 of his own recruits and majority of the coaches don't come in and win with someone elses recruits.
:lecture:
See Moe Forte

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

DonTiger said:
See Moe Forte

See Bob Stoops also. That simply doesn't happen much. Look at Texas A&M, the hired one of the hottest coaches at that time from Alabama. He got roasted his first 2 years, now Franchione is making noise in the Big12.

See also Pete Richardson in his first year on the Yard.

DonTiger said:
See Moe Forte

See George Small. You all seem rather impressed with Forte but this is his first year. Let's see where he has the program in two or three years.

Also see Robert Hughes, his first year at JSU. :slap:

I don't recall, what was Pete and Hugh's first year like?

Da_Sperm said:
I don't recall, what was Pete and Hugh's first year like?
Pete's first year was BANNER!:

11-1 record

SWAC Champions (undefeated)

National Black College Champions

Damn fine FIRST YEAR! :tup: :D

I think Hughes first year, 1999, he went 9-3.

Tigerpride said:
Also see Robert Hughes, his first year at JSU. :slap:

Stop it TP. Hughues wasn't 3-15 midway through his 2nd season either. And wasn't he 7-4 when ya'll fired him........ :mrt:

DonTiger said:
Stop it TP. Hughues wasn't 3-15 midway through his 2nd season either. And wasn't he 7-4 when ya'll fired him........ :mrt:

I don't think that was TP's point.... carry on!

Back