EA Sports NCAA Football 2005

PNeck019

Still a few months before this comes out, but I was wondering if y'all think there's anything we can do to make sure the travesties of last year's rosters are not repeated this year.

Who does EA get their player and roster info from at each school? I'm sure we could get some volunteers from on here to liason between the schools and EA to get the rosters right this year.....

Anthony Fisher & Victor Ike on the 2003 game....smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Prodigy
Micheal Goss on the 2004 game! :shame:

LOL

That's what I meant with Fisher and Ike....2004 game....2003 season....

Some of the teams were pretty close, but some it seems like they didn't even try.....

There won't be much you can do because we are not the focus of the game. The mistakes that many of the 1-AA programs had were not exclusive to us. Many of the smaller 1-A teams had the same problems. The game is catered more towards the BCS conferences anyway. They try to make sure that the larger programs are a bit more accurate than the smaller programs....

I only play with Grambling during the dynasty mode, where I put them as independents and build them into a power house!

I understand your point Suge.

However, they have to get their rosters somehow, and some of the SWAC ones are OK.

Are some schools not supplying them with the proper information? Or do they just get the rosters of our websites? That would explain a lot right there.....

Just a sidenote. Southern University, Jackson State, Grambling, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman, and Texas Southern marching bands will all be featured in this game. From halftime shows to stand performances.

...Carry On..

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Just a sidenote. Southern University, Jackson State, Grambling, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman, and Texas Southern marching bands will all be featured in this game. From halftime shows to stand performances.

...Carry On..

Will they play everybody's fight song on this game? I hate the generic songs. :redhot:

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
Will they play everybody's fight song on this game? I hate the generic songs. :redhot:

That kinda goes hand in hand with the generic stadiums for most of the I-AA teams.

Also, the word is that more I-AA teams will be in this year (Southland, OVC). So you TSU folks will be happy.....

...Carry On..

Nice choices.

I didn't know that Bethune-Cookman was so raw until last year in the Gulf Coast Classic.

It's not that hard. I did the following 50-man roster in like 10 minutes using only my brain, last year's roster, last year's stats, and this year's recruits......

I realize there are no names on the game, but here are the numbers and who they represent. Heights and weights are easily obtainable.....

I think this is pretty representative of what SU will put on the field in 2004.....I'm sure there'll be some differences come Sep 4.....

QB1: 14-Ricks
QB2: 12-Lewis
QB3: 16-Edmonds

HB1: 26-Peoples
HB2: 42-Nicholls
HB3: 25-Herbert

FB1: 35-Edwards
FB2: 32-Frederick

TE1: 82-Shelmire
TE2: 89-Manuel

WR1: 87-Ard
WR2: 4-Vernon
WR3: 83-Overstreet
WR4: 5-Fudge
WR5: 7-Plummer
WR6: 80-Landry

C1: 73-Jones
C2: 72-Jackson

LG: 67-Rooks
RG: 65-Wells
G3: 66-Gerard

LT: 75-Smith
RT: 76-Sims
T3: 70-Price

DT1: 60-Davis
DT2: 91-St. Cyr
DT3: 95-Lemons
DT4: 96-Conner

LE: 94-Mack
RE: 93-Gettridge
DE3: 99-Payton
DE4: 92-Johnson

MLB1: 54-Morgan
MLB2: 58-Hurst
MLB3: 53-Handy

LOLB: 55-Mangum
ROLB: 38-LaFrance
OLB3: 52-Expose
OLB4: 90-Bethelemy

LCB: 34-Phillips
RCB: 37-Moffett
CB3: 30-Bridges
CB4: 39-Howard
CB5: 29-Spears

SS1: 18-Bias
SS2: 27-Green

FS1: 22-George
FS2: 19-Treaudo

PK: 17-Ackley
P: 11-Miller

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR

Ours (SU) will. They are taping it tommorrow. Some other songs that we play will be on there too. ;)

Actually the bands are:
Grambling
BCC
Morehouse
Southern
Jackson
Texas Southern

I hope yall aren't getting it in your heads that because they are using our bands that only our schools will have the bands playing for them. The bands and some of the songs will be pretty generic, for all teams. just seems like they will have a better selection of songs. But it does look promising that the if they are using some HBCU bands, that our teams will be more authentic......

Get readt to hear all the beeyotvhing and moaning from the low level 1-A teams now. It should be great fun on the EA message boards when all this comes out....

Originally posted by Suge
I hope yall aren't getting it in your heads that because they are using our bands that only our schools will have the bands playing for them. The bands and some of the songs will be pretty generic, for all teams. just seems like they will have a better selection of songs. But it does look promising that the if they are using some HBCU bands, that our teams will be more authentic......

Get readt to hear all the beeyotvhing and moaning from the low level 1-A teams now. It should be great fun on the EA message boards when all this comes out....

Suge I believe the HBCU bands will be featured at the beginning of the game... like right after they say EA SPORTS .... ITS IN THE GAME... Where they be at different schools, and you see different schools fans.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by DAHILL
Suge I believe the HBCU bands will be featured at the beginning of the game... like right after they say EA SPORTS .... ITS IN THE GAME... Where they be at different schools, and you see different schools fans.

Yes but in addition to that they will have some songs by The Human Jukebox (SU) on there. They will be in our bandroom today at 4:00 taping.

question... are they going to use the actual recording of the band on the game???? I know none of the music on the game is original recordings now.... EA sports uses a large orchestra to play all of the fight songs.

the rosters are obtained from the sports information departments of each school. The reason why some people are on there who didn't play is because it happens in the spring when they make the requests. so if you were to check with your spring rosters then they should coincide with the EA sports rosters.

Originally posted by wbishop3
the rosters are obtained from the sports information departments of each school. The reason why some people are on there who didn't play is because it happens in the spring when they make the requests. so if you were to check with your spring rosters then they should coincide with the EA sports rosters.

I figured it was something like that......

I've never seen the e-mail but I'm not the SID either...

if they want this year's roster...they will have to wait...we usually won't get numbers until midway through fall camp.

Originally posted by wbishop3

You're probably right, but there's no excuse for players who were seniors in 2002 to be on the rosters of the 2004 game....

Originally posted by GRAM4LIFE
I have both the 2003 and 2004 games. They have the same rosters on both games for the SWAC.

Exactly!

Mike Goss and Nate McLaurin were not on our spring rosters heading into this past season. Neither was Elgin Andrews, Laurence Nolen nor Vince Davis.

Furthermore, players like Cletis Gordon and Torey Ross, who were on the spring rosters, are nowhere to be found on the game. :smh:

Back