Duer and the SWAC are being sued

Believe it or not, nothing comes from the Conference Championship. It comes from the NCAA annual conference allocation from the CBS television contract fondly known as Basketball Distribution. This happens in April.

Duer has effectively destroyed all of the relationships Robert Vowels along with the former Director of Marketing (prior to Eunice) had built. Thus, the revenue had trickled down to a tiny few drops.

Notice Alabama Power is no longer listed as a sponsor. Neither is Alagasco. Russell has somehow hung in there despite the poor treatment they've received. Remember the much-touted Nike sponsorship? Notice they are nowhere to be found on the website. City of Birmingham? Regions? Jostens? They give discount pricing on trophies, that is all. This is not a sponsorship. What happened to the trumpeted Coke sponsorship? Oh that's right, that was an untruth was told only to the COP at Winter meetings not the general membership. The $75,000 never appeared. Remember the big Coke sign on the far side of Legion Field at the 2009 SCG? A ruse. A wasted expense designed to deceive the COP. Long story short, the Conference (Duer) spent a fortune and lost over $100,000. The concert that year? A bust. Through no fault of Eunice's. The Hall of Fame banquet that year? Well, that's the year Duer changed the Hall of Fame votes because he had a personal resentment against Horace Crump. So although many deserving people did receive their awards, one deserving person didn't. The worse part was watching him lie to poor Dr. Frank's face. An unknown party notified Dr. Frank of what had happened. He, of course, was horrified and confronted our vote-changer. Our vote-changer was more concerned about how he could get Kinko's to show him the security footage of the day the fax was sent so he could find out who had told on him.

Are you beginning to get the picture that many of the things are "engineered" and not as they appear? A good example here would be the Wizard of Oz. Remember when Dorothy looked behind the curtain and saw that the "wizard" was putting on an elaborate "front"? He told Dorothy, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!".

Until the Farmer's sponsorship that Eunice had worked so hard to garner, no one wanted to be associated with the Conference because of Duer Sharp. She worked her rear end off because she came in with nothing to work with. No one wanted to touch Duer Sharp with a ten foot pole. She had no nice list of sponsors to call upon. In fact, she had a very difficult time even getting people to return her phone calls. Certainly not because of her.

It all falls on the shoulders of two people. Duer and Sandy Sharp. She is Gollum whispering in Master's ear. Master has fallen for the Ring.

Long answer to short question. Sorry. Maybe its' been held inside too long.
The last days were hell on earth. I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of the concept of hell anymore. I've been there already and know what it is like.

We clung to each other during those times as if our lives depended upon each other because our sanity did. We watched in absolute horror as lie after lie spun out of Wormtongue's mouth, wondering what we could do. Then it became fraud after fraud to make things appear as they weren't.

Eunice Elliott played a large role in holding us together. I'm not sure what we would have done without her. We were all slipping into some form of mental or emotional illness because of the duress. Have no doubts in your minds folks, Duer Sharp is guilty of the charges. This is an indisputable fact and I certainly hope that the less-than competent Nitra Babers has paid the commercial umbrella liability and employment practices premiums. The Conference will need it because of Duer Sharp's actions.

Unfortunately you folks will ultimately pay for this in through your schools distribution.

The man who recommended him for the job, former Commissioner Robert Vowels, has been so shocked and disappointed in Sharp's behavior that the phone calls don't get returned anymore.

Bisky,

Have anyone gone to the NCAA with these allegations? I'm pretty sure they have a committe that can look into a Commisher abusing his/her power.

If these allegations are true, then why haven’t the SWAC Presidents remove Mr. Sharp from his position? Does he have something on our Presidents?

I have been telling you folks since he got hired he is not a leader. man folks in Bham hate this dude. he is beyond the biggest idiot on earth. He must be greasing our Presidents pockets. That is why he is still in this position. Folks let's be honest, our Presidents, all 10 of them are getting paid under the table. Yes, it is true. The old kick back under the table has appeared again.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU2000.

I dont think Duer Sharp has any deep connections with our president Dr. Hugine..he just got the job last fall.

I don't understand why this issue is even a forum. Everyone including myself is wasting their time. We can't do anything, the NCAA can't do anything about the problem.

The group that can handle the issue are the Coucil of Presidents; they created this monster when they hired him and gives him the freedom to do whatever he wants.

If you haven't realized by now; the Presidents and the Athletic Directors don't care what's going on at the SWAC office. Believe it or not, they know how the Commissioner is, they know about all the unethical things he's doing, and they know how he treats his staff.

But as long as they're getting their distribution checks at the end of the year, championships are being ran smoothly, and they're being fed at their annual meetings; they could care less.

They got spring meetings this week, I bet anyone all the money in the world that the Presidents that do show up (cause they rarely attend the Conference Meetings) will yet again let him skate through another year with no questions asked.

People please don't get yourselves worked up, because at the end of the day the SWAC Commissioner is going to continue to collect his paycheck, continue to receive good evaluations from the Presidents, continue to f*** up the budget/finances with the finance director/temp, and continue to hire and fire whomever he wants.

I have been telling you folks since he got hired he is not a leader. man folks in Bham hate this dude. he is beyond the biggest idiot on earth. He must be greasing our Presidents pockets. That is why he is still in this position. Folks let's be honest, our Presidents, all 10 of them are getting paid under the table. Yes, it is true. The old kick back under the table has appeared again.

I think this was addressed in another thread but because so many schools have had revolving doors in the the President position - from deaths, to firings, interims - only Dr. Mason, PV and the UAPB Pres's have been the only one's around the entire time - so I dont think the SWAC is a very high priority on a President's list of things to do when they first step foot on a campus.

I think this was addressed in another thread but because so many schools have had revolving doors in the the President position - from deaths, to firings, interims - only Dr. Mason, PV and the UAPB Pres's have been the only one's around the entire time - so I dont think the SWAC is a very high priority on a President's list of things to do when they first step foot on a campus.

And this is the crux of the issue.

No SWAC presidents are just sorry. No way around it. They have time to grease their pockets with that new money they get believe me. Man you for get, BHAM is in Huntsville back pocket. Yall would be surprised what we hear going on down there.

Believe it or not, nothing comes from the Conference Championship. It comes from the NCAA annual conference allocation from the CBS television contract fondly known as Basketball Distribution. This happens in April.

Duer has effectively destroyed all of the relationships Robert Vowels along with the former Director of Marketing (prior to Eunice) had built. Thus, the revenue had trickled down to a tiny few drops.

Notice Alabama Power is no longer listed as a sponsor. Neither is Alagasco. Russell has somehow hung in there despite the poor treatment they've received. Remember the much-touted Nike sponsorship? Notice they are nowhere to be found on the website. City of Birmingham? Regions? Jostens? They give discount pricing on trophies, that is all. This is not a sponsorship. What happened to the trumpeted Coke sponsorship? Oh that's right, that was an untruth was told only to the COP at Winter meetings not the general membership. The $75,000 never appeared. Remember the big Coke sign on the far side of Legion Field at the 2009 SCG? A ruse. A wasted expense designed to deceive the COP. Long story short, the Conference (Duer) spent a fortune and lost over $100,000. The concert that year? A bust. Through no fault of Eunice's. The Hall of Fame banquet that year? Well, that's the year Duer changed the Hall of Fame votes because he had a personal resentment against Horace Crump. So although many deserving people did receive their awards, one deserving person didn't. The worse part was watching him lie to poor Dr. Frank's face. An unknown party notified Dr. Frank of what had happened. He, of course, was horrified and confronted our vote-changer. Our vote-changer was more concerned about how he could get Kinko's to show him the security footage of the day the fax was sent so he could find out who had told on him.

Are you beginning to get the picture that many of the things are "engineered" and not as they appear? A good example here would be the Wizard of Oz. Remember when Dorothy looked behind the curtain and saw that the "wizard" was putting on an elaborate "front"? He told Dorothy, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!".

Until the Farmer's sponsorship that Eunice had worked so hard to garner, no one wanted to be associated with the Conference because of Duer Sharp. She worked her rear end off because she came in with nothing to work with. No one wanted to touch Duer Sharp with a ten foot pole. She had no nice list of sponsors to call upon. In fact, she had a very difficult time even getting people to return her phone calls. Certainly not because of her.

It all falls on the shoulders of two people. Duer and Sandy Sharp. She is Gollum whispering in Master's ear. Master has fallen for the Ring.

The last days were hell on earth. I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of the concept of hell anymore. I've been there already and know what it is like.

We clung to each other during those times as if our lives depended upon each other because our sanity did. We watched in absolute horror as lie after lie spun out of Wormtongue's mouth, wondering what we could do. Then it became fraud after fraud to make things appear as they weren't.

Eunice Elliott played a large role in holding us together. I'm not sure what we would have done without her. We were all slipping into some form of mental or emotional illness because of the duress. Have no doubts in your minds folks, Duer Sharp is guilty of the charges. This is an indisputable fact and I certainly hope that the less-than competent Nitra Babers has paid the commercial umbrella liability and employment practices premiums. The Conference will need it because of Duer Sharp's actions.

Unfortunately you folks will ultimately pay for this in through your schools distribution.

The man who recommended him for the job, former Commissioner Robert Vowels, has been so shocked and disappointed in Sharp's behavior that the phone calls don't get returned anymore.

THANK YOU.:bowdown:
I have never seen you post here before but I want to thank you for finally clearing things up.
I have not been crazy all these years, posting about the crap decisions being made and stuff people report us having that never see the light of day as far as proof and facts.

I been saying this conference was going to the dogs years ago when that first mandate poipped up and it looks like this clown has taken incompetence, and azz backwards thinking to a new height. :lecture:

Last edited:
No SWAC presidents are just sorry. No way around it. They have time to grease their pockets with that new money they get believe me. Man you for get, BHAM is in Huntsville back pocket. Yall would be surprised what we hear going on down there.

Just hold what you got CeeD, hold what you got!:goodbad:

havn't I said all these years that all the SCG was is a "back slapping" click party for these people.
They don't GAS about the fans or the sports teams but want to wonder why attendance has plunged across the board.

If this has been going on for a while then haven't people gone to newpapers who covers the SWAC. It would seem to me that this is new worthy.

QUO[TE=codyj;1689030]I don't understand why this issue is even a forum. Everyone including myself is wasting their time. We can't do anything, the NCAA can't do anything about the problem.

The group that can handle the issue are the Coucil of Presidents; they created this monster when they hired him and gives him the freedom to do whatever he wants.

If you haven't realized by now; the Presidents and the Athletic Directors don't care what's going on at the SWAC office. Believe it or not, they know how the Commissioner is, they know about all the unethical things he's doing, and they know how he treats his staff.

But as long as they're getting their distribution checks at the end of the year, championships are being ran smoothly, and they're being fed at their annual meetings; they could care less.

They got spring meetings this week, I bet anyone all the money in the world that the Presidents that do show up (cause they rarely attend the Conference Meetings) will yet again let him skate through another year with no questions asked.

People please don't get yourselves worked up, because at the end of the day the SWAC Commissioner is going to continue to collect his paycheck, continue to receive good evaluations from the Presidents, continue to f*** up the budget/finances with the finance director/temp, and continue to hire and fire whomever he wants.[/QUOTE]

Sad....I hope what you're saying does not come to past, but it does have elements of what's likely to happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That being said up there, DO THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD, that has defended the direction this conference has gone since the SCG was created, isolating ourselves from the rest of FCS, fugg the playoffs, etc, still think we are on the right path following these idiots?

Really...............not calling anyone out.:lecture:

and BTW:
If ya'll think this is bad, wait and see what happens when these negro's from different conferences get together for that Heritage or Legacy bowl concoction thats being discussed.
Talk about back slapping and non-tracable revenue.:lol:

Last edited:
Back