Dozens of migrants unexpectedly flown to Martha’s Vineyard can sue the transport company, federal judge rules

Olde Hornet

I hope they get enough money to realize the American dream. :):):)

A federal judge in Boston has ruled that the nearly 50 migrants who were transported from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard in 2022 in flights arranged by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis can move forward with a lawsuit against the company that dropped them off. The destination of the flights was a surprise to both the migrants and residents of the Massachusetts island, according to the lawsuit.

Three Venezuelan migrants and immigrant rights group Alianza Americas filed the suit alleging DeSantis, members of his administration and Vertol Systems Company, a Florida-based aviation transport company, misguided migrants and transported them in what the rights group calls an “uncivilized, fraudulent, civil-rights conspiracy targeting LatinX immigrants.”

The migrants, solely identified in the lawsuit as Yanet, Pablo and Jesus, allege they were initially told they would be flown to “a city in the Northeast” and “if they got on the flight, they would be provided with stable housing, work, educational resources” and help in their immigration proceedings, according to the order.

I hope they get enough money to realize the American dream. :):):)

A federal judge in Boston has ruled that the nearly 50 migrants who were transported from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard in 2022 in flights arranged by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis can move forward with a lawsuit against the company that dropped them off. The destination of the flights was a surprise to both the migrants and residents of the Massachusetts island, according to the lawsuit.

Three Venezuelan migrants and immigrant rights group Alianza Americas filed the suit alleging DeSantis, members of his administration and Vertol Systems Company, a Florida-based aviation transport company, misguided migrants and transported them in what the rights group calls an “uncivilized, fraudulent, civil-rights conspiracy targeting LatinX immigrants.”

The migrants, solely identified in the lawsuit as Yanet, Pablo and Jesus, allege they were initially told they would be flown to “a city in the Northeast” and “if they got on the flight, they would be provided with stable housing, work, educational resources” and help in their immigration proceedings, according to the order.
Do they really have a right to sue if they are not citizens?

Do they really have a right to sue if they are not citizens?
I want to say YES.

There is some law (that might be a state more than Federal) that allows that.

I can not remember the conversation but a radio station here did talk about that and how illegals had more rights in terms of legal action than Americans.

If they can't I would suspect organization could sue on their behalf.

Back