Does the Word of God teach us how to cast our political Votes?

There are three levels of spiritual growth and I'm on the third level. Its not hard to get to the third level but you have to let God's Word do the talking and not man.

:angel2:God's Warning:angel2:​

Proverbs 27:2. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

Such Wisdom
It does not matter who you vote, GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL. He placed people in charge to rule and chastise His people.

Such Facts
Proverbs 21:1. The king's (or any elected leader) heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

Proverbs 8:15-16.
  • By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
  • By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

J-State, I could not agree more.

BP "What's up"

ROYAL BLUE

Originally Posted by ROYAL BLUE
There are three levels of spiritual growth and I'm on the third level. Its not hard to get to the third level but you have to let God's Word do the talking and not man.

Ok, where is this located in the bible? If you are at the "3rd Level" then you are higher than the Apostle Paul. However, if your bible knowledge was that high, where is your exegesis of the scriptures, hermeneutics and ability to maintain the scriptures within the proper context and contents? You have not provided any histology to support your comments.

There is no such thing as the "third level" I think you are posting scribtures because youhave nothing else to do.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I will say it again. I do not see how any true Christian can vote for anyone using the name of God as no more than a vehicle for votes. Now thats not saying the Democrats don't have their issues. But the Republicans have been caught in ethical scandal after scandal. They've been caught breaking the law. They've been caught engaging in homosexual activities. They've been caught lying. All this while beating people over the head with bibles and talking about family values and morals. They are using God's name to rally people like Royall Blue while they toss God to the side behind closed doors.

Royall Blue, I would advise you to stop voting on and spreading propaganda. Do you think God will appreciate this type of behavior?

Ok, where is this located in the bible? If you are at the "3rd Level" then you are higher than the Apostle Paul.

I Peter 2:2 "As new born babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"

Hebrews 5:11 "Of Whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing."

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."

Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."

Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to (discern both good and evil)."

I Corinthians 10:2 "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;"

I Corinthians 10:3 "And did all eat the same spiritual meat;"

I Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of the spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

I Corinthians 3:1 "And I brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ."

I Corinthians 3:2 "I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."

I Corinthians 3:3 "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envy, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"

II Timothy 3:1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come."

II Timothy 3:2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,"

II Timothy 3:3 "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,"

II Timothy 3:4 "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

II Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

II Timothy 3:6 "For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,"

II Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Colossians 2:2 "That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father and of Christ.."

Colossians 2:3 "In Whom are (hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge)."

Colossians 2:4 "And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words."

Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:"

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."

Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

1 John 2:12-14 verse lists three levels of spiritual growth.

THREE LEVELS OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH.

A. LITTLE CHILDREN. The First level of Growth.
B. YOUNG MEN. The Second level of growth.
C. FATHERS. This is the greater level of growth.

I would like to add that I voted for Democratic Mayor Frank Melton? I did it because of his christian principles and passion for moral issues.

Ummm, wouldn't that be what you've termed, "fishing out of the left side of the boat?" With that one statement, you just contradicted and invalidated everything you've been saying on this thread and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL BLUE
"I would like to add that I voted for Democratic Mayor Frank Melton? I did it because of his christian principles and passion for moral issues."

Ummm, wouldn't that be what you've termed, "fishing out of the left side of the boat?" With that one statement, you just contradicted and invalidated everything you've been saying on this thread and others.

James 1:8. A double minded man is :dizzy:unstable:dizzy: in all his ways.

Good Day and God Bless

Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to (discern both good and evil)."

Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:"

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."

You typed all that but still didn't address the question. And just to be certain we don't have any confusion, I'll copy exactly what you wrote:

Do you put your right hand on the bible or left when taking an oath? When our national anthem is played, your "right" hand goes over your chess. When you cast your vote, make sure you vote for the best republican candidate and check his or her fruits/voting record. Jesus said it.......not me.

Democrats are known as "Left" Wing and Republicans are know as "Right" Wing. Remember, The Devil looks good but his fruit is sour and out of season.....don't eat it.

So again, I ask, since according to you, Jesus wants us to vote for the best Republican candidate, haven't you just "fished out of the left side of the boat?"

Let me further say that he was heavily criticised for impersonating a Democrat. They called him a republican because of his moral beliefs, views and tactics. Most Democrats dislike him in the city of Jackson and State of Mississippi......black and white. I always vote for the best candidate using spiritual discernment and Frank Melton was an exception. I too believe he's a republican at heart. If you don't understand what I'm saying then look at what happened to Reagan. People heard him speak and commented that he didn't sound like a Democrat. He switched to the republican party because of his "moral views". Thats called spiritual discernment.

James 1:8. A double minded man is :dizzy:unstable:dizzy: in all his ways.

Good Day and God Bless

Right

Royal Blue,

I don?t know if you have a true zeal for God,
Or you enjoy trying to be a Great Debater.

Either way, your excitement over different websites has caused you
To post contradictory web page passages.

This is not a doctorial dissertation but a spiritual warfare for our souls

If you take the time to get an understanding of what Royal Blue believes

Then when can have an intelligent dividing of Scripture.

Otherwise your endless posting of Scripture without ?rightly dividing?

Becomes nothing more than babble.

So again, I ask, since according to you, Jesus wants us to vote for the best Republican candidate, haven't you just "fished out of the left side of the boat?"

I did and I answered with clarity as to why I did it in the previous post. I also gave you scripture to prove why I did it. Did not Jesus say "Beware of false prophets"? If that be the case then shouldn't I also be aware of false republicans? You have to let it settle in your mind that there are good and bad on both sides of the boat. The "only" difference is that there is more good on the "right" then there are on the "left". Its your responsibility to "spiritually discern" the good and the bad. Its not hard, "listen to what they say, check their history and you'll have what you need to discern "right from wrong".

Start with the moral issues because if a person isn't morally right then surely you can't expect him or her to do right. It all starts with how candidates feel about God and do they hate whats an abomination to God. If the answer is yes, then I'm going to check their history to prove the words that come out of their mouth. How can a christian support homosexuality and abortion and serve God? God destroyed an entire city because of that evil. Guess who was the actual judge for that city? Lot. Dude was suppose to be keeping people in check and God destroyed it because he didn't enforce God's law.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Let me further say that he was heavily criticised for impersonating a Democrat. They called him a republican because of his moral beliefs, views and tactics. Most Democrats dislike him in the city of Jackson and State of Mississippi......black and white. I always vote for the best candidate using spiritual discernment and Frank Melton was an exception. I too believe he's a republican at heart. If you don't understand what I'm saying then look at what happened to Reagan. People heard him speak and commented that he didn't sound like a Democrat. He switched to the republican party because of his "moral views". Thats called spiritual discernment.

Well if he's a Republican at heart, why wouldn't he come out an say he is? From my vantage point, that's deception, and last I checked, Satan was supposed to be the great deceiver. Not to mention most of his actions as mayor don't seem to suggest a man of godliness. But you have made the greater point that everyone else has been getting at, which is that God doesn't care what party a person belongs to, but what's in their heart, and that you should vote based on that, not based on left or right wing, as you stated Jesus wanted us to do.

Right
Royal Blue,

I don?t know if you have a true zeal for God,
Or you enjoy trying to be a Great Debater.

I don't care about being a Great Debater but I do have a true passion for the Word of God. I'm just trying to encourage people to get off the milk and into the meat of God's word. If they were into the meat then they'd understand how religion and politics will play an important role in the "end times". Mark 13:28 "Now learn a "parable of the fig tree"; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:" Mark 13:30 "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done." What things? I assure you they don't know because Jesus commanded us to learn this parable and many christians don't know that we are in this generation today. I don't say this to brag but to encourage people to study. People need to know this parable or they will be the first one taken in the field by Satan. Mark 13:37 "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." They don't know what to look for.:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
God doesn't care what party a person belongs to, but what's in their heart, and that you should vote based on that, not based on left or right wing, as you stated Jesus wanted us to do.

I can't say this enough, but you should pray for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. I'm only the seed planter and I don't have the power nor authority to germinate a seed.......that comes from the heavenly Father.

I can't say this enough, but you should pray for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. I'm only the seed planter and I don't have the power nor authority to germinate a seed.......that comes from the heavenly Father.

You can't make two points that disagree with each other and then say you have wisdom. 1st you tell us that we should cast I vote to the right side, then you say pray, use knowledge/understanding to pick the best person regardless of the side.

You can't make two points that disagree with each other and then say you have wisdom. 1st you tell us that we should cast I vote to the right side, then you say pray, use knowledge/understanding to pick the best person regardless of the side.

Interesting statement...

In my discoveries, I have determine that:

1. A Wise person never has to state "I have Wisdom"
  2. A Teacher never has to state "I Am a Good Teacher"
  3. A Leader never has to state "I Am a Leader"
  4. A knowledgeble Bible student never has to state "I am on Level 3"

Their actions, presentation, writings and life will give evidence of such..

A Former Carpenter by the name Jesus stated it really simple, even so a milk-level Christian as myself could understand:

Matthew 7:16a. Ye shall know them by their fruits

Good Day and God Bless

Where did you get "regardless of side"? I didn't say fish for men on the right side of the boat. Christ said cast your net and fish for men on the right side of the boat. What part of that don't you understand? Have you never heard of the saying "there are plenty of fish in the sea"? Read my post again.

Let me further say that he was heavily criticised for impersonating a Democrat. They called him a republican because of his moral beliefs, views and tactics. Most Democrats dislike him in the city of Jackson and State of Mississippi......black and white. I always vote for the best candidate using spiritual discernment and Frank Melton was an exception. I too believe he's a republican at heart. If you don't understand what I'm saying then look at what happened to Reagan. People heard him speak and commented that he didn't sound like a Democrat. He "switched" to the republican party because of his "moral views". Thats called spiritual discernment.

I can go a step further and say look at John McCain. He use to be a Democrat but he switched to Republican. Why? Each party has its views and he didn't consider himself a liberal. The sheep get lost at times. Being liberal will lead you away from God and doing whats morally right. Liberals turn into rebels and thats exactly what Satan did......rebelled against God.

Please look at where each candidate stand on moral issues and you'll see which side is "right".

"LEFT"
Liberal: a person who is liberal: as a: one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways bcapitalized : a member or supporter of a liberal political party c: an advocate or adherent of liberalism especially in individual rights

"RIGHT"
Conservative: an adherent or advocate of political conservatism bcapitalized : a member or supporter of a conservative political party2 a: one who adheres to traditional methods or views b: a cautious or discreet person

disciple:1: one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: as a: one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ's followers according to the Gospel accounts b: a convinced adherent of a school or individual2capitalized : a member of the Disciples of Christ founded in the United States in 1809 that holds the Bible alone to be the rule of faith and practice, usually baptizes by immersion, and has a congregational polity

discipline1: punishment2obsolete : instruction3: a field of study4: training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character"5 a: control gained by enforcing obedience or order b: orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior c: self-control6: a rule or system of rules governing conduct or activity

What side would Christ choose concerning abortion and homosexuality?

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

John 21:6 "And He said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find."

Luke 5:10 "And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, "Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men."

II Peter 2:6 "And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;"

II Peter 2:7 "And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:"

II Peter 2:8 "(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)"

II Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the Godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"

Luke 17:28 "Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; They did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;"

Luke 17:29 "But the same day that Lord went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all."

Luke 17:30 "Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

Luke 17:31 "In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back."

Luke 17:32 "Remember Lot's wife."

As you can see, God doesn't play when it comes to moral issues. If we say we're christians, then why would we vote for those who are for that in which "God Hates".....abortion and homosexuality?

credibility with who?

When we (believers) do not answer the questions and concerns that are brought to us, choosing to simply throw out some scripture quote and not bother to show its pertinence to the issue, we lose credibility with those we should be addressing.

The scripture says
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.​

1 Peter 3:15 KJV​

We are more effective when we follow such a principle.

As you can see, God doesn't play when it comes to moral issues. If we say we're christians, then why would we vote for those who are for that in which "God Hates".....abortion and homosexuality?

Well, since we are talking about not voting for folks who are doing what God hates...

Prov 6:16-19
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

It is getting increasingly tough for me to find candidates to vote for.

Well, since we are talking about not voting for folks who are doing what God hates...

Prov 6:16-19
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

It is getting increasingly tough for me to find candidates to vote for.

Brother I totally understand where you're coming from and thats why we'll always have the David's, Paul's, Peter's and etc.....they're human. What did Jesus tell Peter? Luke 22:31 "And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:" Luke 22:32 "But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." Christ is telling Peter that he will fall but he should gain strength and get up. Where does that strength come from? This is why its important to choose those that love God and are not afraid to mention His name to the public. There are plenty of candidates on the "Left" that refuse to mention God's name because they are afraid they'll lose the non-christian vote. Instead they talk about the rudiments of this world and not what is pleasing to God. How can a man promise something he doesn't have? If God took it all tomorrow then what is he going to promise......hope? Man might deceive us with a great speech but we are to.....Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:"

Romans 16:17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrines which ye have learned; and avoid them."

Romans 16:18 "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts(MINDS) of the simple."

Back