Do you think your band/ other bands are better now or back in the days?

NOW or THEN

• NOW

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • BACK IN THE DAYZ

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
For one, TXSU doesn't steal anything. Two, We were the first school to play neck, we were the ones who arranged the First NECK if you want to get the facts straight so everyone that plays NECK they really got it from US cause we were the first BAND to EVER play NECK, and that is a fact. Look it up.

Another thing, if you think that Miles College plays Neck better than TXSU then you are crazy. If you think they get more house then us then you a damn fool. The only time we do Neck coming from the hole is LDC, Homecoming, and maybe a classic game. That's it. It's tradition so we will always get house on that. W***ver said we don't get house and that Miles get more house then us on neck is Ignorant. I ain't trying to come one here and prove anything to nobody or try and convince nobody that we just better, cause the Ocean knows they have a long way to go before we get the respect we deserve, but I ain't gonna let nobody come on here and talk ish when it's not even close to the truth.

Duh!!! Everyone knows that TxSU played neck first. We perfected it. Our neck was written by a student arranger and it's the best version heck GSU's neck is better than ya'll version. I can name about 3 other schools that has a better version of neck than ya'll so what? We played skin first but u don't hear me throwing that in ya'll face!!!

As for Miles I'm sorry to say it but it's true both of ya'll had the same exact show when ya'll played us and neither one of ya'll got house. Don't get me wrong bruh I got respect for TxSU but to say that ya'll are almost as good as The Ocean from the 80's is crazy. The 2000 TxSU band was better than the 2002 version.

I agree with you on one thing. I also beleive that the 2000 version of the ocean is was better than the 2002 version. That has some truth in some areas. but since then other areas that didn't stand out in 2000 has gotten better. it was just a shaky year for the Ocean in 2002. they really didn't have any competition throwed at them in 2002. that had more in 2000. (SU,NSU,JSU,,etc.) but that is no excuse. I'm a 2000 crab so I know we were better then.

We play our Neck the same way we've always played it. Our neck sounds like the Song. Everyone else's neck is a lil bit more Jazzy. I do like GSU's Version of Neck. Su's version is cool too.

Miles college doing the same show as us? And we stole it? LOL, that is ignorant. Let me tell you something. A week before we even played SU we played Stillman College in Alabama. A lot of Miles folks and people from the band was there because miles isn't that far away from Stillman. So when we played Stillman they stole OUR Show and did it on yall. So how could we still anything from them (why would we anyway) when they saw us do it first? TSU did a similar show but not the same show when we played SU. So all of that stealing from Miles is B.S

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
I agree with you on one thing. I also beleive that the 2000 version of the ocean is was better than the 2002 version. That has some truth in some areas. but since then other areas that didn't stand out in 2000 has gotten better. it was just a shaky year for the Ocean in 2002. they really didn't have any competition throwed at them in 2002. that had more in 2000. (SU,NSU,JSU,,etc.) but that is no excuse. I'm a 2000 crab so I know we were better then.

We play our Neck the same way we've always played it. Our neck sounds like the Song. Everyone else's neck is a lil bit more Jazzy. I do like GSU's Version of Neck. Su's version is cool too.

Miles college doing the same show as us? And we stole it? LOL, that is ignorant. Let me tell you something. A week before we even played SU we played Stillman College in Alabama. A lot of Miles folks and people from the band was there because miles isn't that far away from Stillman. So when we played Stillman they stole OUR Show and did it on yall. So how could we still anything from them (why would we anyway) when they saw us do it first? TSU did a similar show but not the same show when we played SU. So all of that stealing from Miles is B.S

I stand corrected.

I'm a high school student. Far as high school bands in the Baton Rouge area, I think Belaire High School band has came a long way under there new band director. In about two years from now there going to be really good.

does it matter hope did or played what first, either ways go some play it better others don't. i don't think it is stealing, we didn't exactmake up the high knee marching so i guess all black bands stole that. but i do think that the hbcu's perfected it.

Miles college doing the same show as us? And we stole it? LOL, that is ignorant. Let me tell you something. A week before we even played SU we played Stillman College in Alabama. A lot of Miles folks and people from the band was there because miles isn't that far away from Stillman. So when we played Stillman they stole OUR Show and did it on yall. So how could we still anything from them (why would we anyway) when they saw us do it first? TSU did a similar show but not the same show when we played SU. So all of that stealing from Miles is B.S [/B][/QUOTE]

TRUE. I WAS THERE.

The only thing I didn't like about TXSO is that..they.......just.................how can I put this lightly........well........reminded me of SU. Dont bash me now. Its just, when I saw the flashes, the marching style, even the percussion section, I was like, SU???? Now maybe the directors had the same ideas(thats known to happen)but they just looked like a more funky SU.

We look similar to Su on marching style? lol.
In that case anyone who does high knee lifts and marches 8 to 5 looks alike. When it comes to that. Our horn flashes is a slight turn to the side. Su takes their horn off their face when they flash and damn near throws their horns in the air when they flash. We don't do that.

P.V and Grambling , and Valley are the only bands to me who march a different style. Everyone else has the same concept of marching in the SWAC. Jsu does the same too but they bounce a lot when they march.

Originally posted by CriTAUcal

I don't think having those two organizations "messes" things up. We support our respective band programs!

KKY and TBS are about "striving... for greater bands!" :)

PLEASE LET HIM KNOW SOROR!!!!

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Back