Do you hold grudges?

MsJag4Jag

YES or NO? Why or why not?

Let me set the background here. I was talking to my boss and he was pissed with his Dad... He says he tolerates his Dad now...but if he held a grudge, his dad would when the grudge match.

Would you hold a grudge? How far would you go in being mad at a person... a family member? a friend? ...etc.

Do I hold grudges????

Yep...I most certainly do! :D

I don't like to do it, but sometimes...people just take it there. Most stuff will slide off my back, but some things....:mad:

If you do me wrong, we have a problem! Oh yeah...it can go on for a long time. ;)

I don't hold them like I used to (progress), I did feel justified (no need to lie to self).

Overall it's not worth it, but aye...we're only human.:emlaugh:

You do have a point...

but uh...I am a firm believer of holding people accountable for the things that they say and the things that they do. *shrugs shoulders*

I think that some people attempt to push buttons just for the helluvit...why??? Then they end up complaining about the "results" that have occurred. But aye...the should've thought of that before they acted an azz in the first place! :D

But like I said...I'm not as grudgeful as I used to be...:goodbad:

Yep, it's sad but true.........

Ntelekt ain't lying about holding on to grudges for an extended length of time. I think the brother has been genetically altered with an elephant, cause he never forgets. :)

I do hold 'em occasionally, but for the most part it's in the wind after a short amount of time. Depending on how severe one f'ed up, I just might cut them off and keep on moving...I said keep on moving !!

Re: Yep, it's sad but true.........

Originally posted by phatback

... I just might cut them off and keep on moving...I said keep on moving !!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Why can I actually hear you sayin' that? :D

sometimes it is easier to just cut people off.
It gets hard when it's somebody who you really thought was down for you ph_cks up...you're pissed, but you really hope that y'all are better than that.
It all depends on the individual AND the circumstance....:)

Nope

I don't really hold a grudge. I just move on. I may not view or relate to you the same way as I did before but I don't just cut you off.:)

There are people I know who haven't received more than a second glance from me since 8th grade. So, I guess I do hold grudges!

Phatus Backus... I can hear you saying that. :D

Man, life is too short to keep a record of wrongs...at least for me. Somebody made a good point about the person AND the circumstances. Some things aint worth it.. Other things...REQUIRE a different level of GRUDGE-ability...if I can create my own word there...

Some things and some people make you cut them off... Others...you may simply need time to put it behind. If it is a family member, it seems it is more difficult to just cut them off... but let it be a distant cousin or play cousin...Ya know, it really is hard to say....

I remember this dude who tried to pretend we were cool. Then he made a play at this chick I was "cool" with. It didn't matter about the chick cuz that was during my "sharing"stage. What matter is that he tried to sneak and bad mouth me to get with her.

I got his azz good though...starting "do"ing his sister!

<marquee>[size=3.5]DON'T GET MAD...GET EVEN!</marquee>[/size]

I try not to. I get more satifaction when I call them on the "offense", say my piece and let the chips fall where they may. This way I feel better, they know where I am coming from, I know where they are coming from and we both know where we stand with each other when the conversation is over.

grudges destroys the minds of the person holding the grudges. Say what needs to be said and live with it. If you have ever held a grudge and you come face to face with the person(s) you can feel your blood pressure rise. You sometime feel faint and start to perspire. Your body chemistry become unbalance.
Never hold a grudges it is not healthy.

As we learned in the workforce: Nerve accept a headache, but find a way to give one.

I want to live to be 99, because that is when my Life Insurance Policy expire.

I won't say that I hold grudges but I will say that I never forget when someone does me wrong and it always stays in the back of my mind. I still try my best to treat them nicely but I won't go out of my way to help them. If they need me, I am there but I ain't volunteering nothing.

J4J, looking at your signature, if you really believe what you selected you are already there.

I talk to a lot of people who hold grudges and miss out on some good life experiences.

I hope TP use one of those 5 senses to become saved and the Lord will take care of him.

Mighty Dog,

I believe He gave me those 5 senses for a reason. Trusting someone again is almost like stepping in front of a train. I have faith but I also have 5 senses again, for a reason.

A grudge....

For what? Breathe in breathe out and let that ish go!

You're probably doing more harm to yourself, than the person you're holding a grudge against in the first place. Someone once said it does no good to hold grudges or hate.
<font size=4 color=purple>
"Consider this half the people don't know you're holding a grudge against them or hate them or for what anyway and the other half don't give a "ratz arse" anyway."</font>

Life goes on people!:) Whether you're holding a grudge or not...and half the time what you're holding a grudge for don't amount to a "hill of beans" in the first place.

Life's too short...don't be petty! I've had some people do some down right hurtful, disappointing, ignorant, childish arse things and I simply left them all behind. Take the Christain route....and move right along. Don't hold grudges!

Back