Did Crime Run Coach Prime?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Did Shedeur have any D1 or FBS offers coming out of high school?

He was originally committed to FAU before flipping to JSU.

Well, Tariq Nasheed chimed on the topic. I agree with his take and gave my own thoughts in the comment section as well. I'm just really amazed at how divided so many of us are. Yet, it is what it is....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ftjRzfiJw&t=58s

I generally agree with most of what Tariq but the one thing I'll forever disagree with is his HBCU stance (which is generally not glowing of HBCUs and his followers echo the anti-HBCU sentiment)

On B High, he blames Jackson and Jackson State for not coming up with the money to keep him neglecting the fact that: 1) JSU is FCS 2) still going through a water crisis but paying Deion millions to coach at JSU

He became interested in coaching HBCUs right after the George Floyd incident but 2 years before that i recall him being at PVAMU football camp talking about HBCUs..Deion knew he could ride this BLM HBCU advocate wave for sure
I think it's important that we remain honest with ourselves.

He became interested in coaching at an HBCU because an HBCU was the only school that offered him a HC position. He's a talker with a big personality so he put alot of extra on it, but he did the same thing at the press conference in Colorado. That's just his public personality. Behind the scenes I've always heard he's really a quiet and humble dude. But George Floyd had about as much to do with him coming as the water issue had to do with him leaving.

He wanted the FSU job and was told no. He didn't get any offers but JSU. If the only offer he got was Western Kentucky he would've taken Shadeur and gone there and stayed until an FBS came calling, and it would've been the same talk about "God" and the "Mission" and "leveling the playing field" for FCS schools.

He'd always planned to leave as soon as he got a better offer. If TCU or Arkansas would've hired him last year he would've been gone last year. Hell you still have JSU posters on this very board that refuse to believe he even interviewed with those schools lol

The reality is if Deion really wanted to coach at and uplift HBCU's and all the rest of it, he could've had most any HBCU job at any time from the day he retired from the League. Alotta administrations would've pushed their coaches out the door to make room for him.

Self-delusion is why so many Black people are upset he's gone.

I generally agree with most of what Tariq but the one thing I'll forever disagree with is his HBCU stance (which is generally not glowing of HBCUs and his followers echo the anti-HBCU sentiment)
@In_The_662

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. I agree with him 90-95% the time and have felt the same anti-HBCU energy with him and other B1 Media content providers (Professor Black Truth, The Black Authority) that I check out on a regular. I just didn't sense it in this one though.

He was originally committed to FAU before flipping to JSU.

On B High, he blames Jackson and Jackson State for not coming up with the money to keep him neglecting the fact that: 1) JSU is FCS 2) still going through a water crisis but paying Deion millions to coach at JSU

Tariq isn't the person to be weighing in on this. Jason Black spoke to it as well, but his take was all wrong too.

Tariq isn't the person to be weighing in on this. Jason Black spoke to it as well, but his take was all wrong too.

Yeah I've pretty much cut off JB because of one commercial before one of his broadcasts from some Ultra "Woke" dudes pretty much calling HBCUs the anti-Christ on top of his usual fierce anti-HBCU stances. I still retweet him from time to time but I can't support him financially

At least Tariq will acknowledge the histories of schools like AAMU (which we know was founded by a former slave) but they all generally former their anti-HBCU stances because of Howard, Morehouse, Spelman and Hampton and that's disingenuous

Yeah I've pretty much cut off JB because of one commercial before one of his broadcasts from some Ultra "Woke" dudes pretty much calling HBCUs the anti-Christ on top of his usual fierce anti-HBCU stances. I still retweet him from time to time but I can't support him financially

At least Tariq will acknowledge the histories of schools like AAMU (which we know was founded by a former slave) but they all generally former their anti-HBCU stances because of Howard, Morehouse, Spelman and Hampton and that's disingenuous
Dudes like him, Tariq and Umar think that HBCU's are supposed to be some kinda armed training ground for future revolutionaries instead of institutes of higher learning. It's like they don't understand that our schools have the same curriculum requirements as PWI's. No different than Black high schools. I'm sure we all had professors who did their part to make sure we had a little deeper understanding of our history and where we stand in society at-large, but it's still school lol

I listen to them dudes but none of em have ever put forth a viable plan to do anything even remotely serious.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Help them how?

Everybody except Valley's coach was rude and disrespectful to him. How is he supposed to help them?

Pink scooters, refusing the shake his hand at midfield, "he ain't SWAC" ....

The man had 40% of his toes chopped off and opposing coaches made fun of him. Deion is supposed to save these clowns? You can't be serious.
Dooley wasn't mean to him, he dapped him up. Bubba didn't get a chance to hang out with him due to our team's failures

Back