Did anyone see 106 and Park, with the Greeks stepping??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diggs wrote a letter to join a frat, even though he is a revered founder on an already thriving frat? I mean I know people kan kome up with some stories, but that story doesn't even make sense. But hey, is that the same letter he wrote the ques too? Man this is getting good.....I gotta write this one down.

But all you mabs still haven't given me any reason why you...a BGLO had to get on TV and show how white you are! That is still a disgrace and more proof that you will do anything to get noticed! But hey, white boys step too!!

Pimp or Die!

It's hard to believe that any of you have the nerve to say that you are first to do anything when everything that ANY of you have done since 1911 is copy off of Kappa Alpha Psi. We still set the standard and you all TRY to copy.

As far as stepping goes I always have a hard time trying to figure out the difference in the Sigmas and the Alphas. I mean they need to just merge together. They step the same, act the same, look the same, and "walk" the same. They are the epitomy of LAME in the world. LOL

Suge, I thought I had heard some bad stories, but that one takes the cake. :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Don't make us put ALL of your business...

Originally posted by Suge
Diggs wrote a letter to join a frat, even though he is a revered founder on an already thriving frat? I mean I know people kan kome up with some stories, but that story doesn't even make sense. But hey, is that the same letter he wrote the ques too? Man this is getting good.....I gotta write this one down.

But all you mabs still haven't given me any reason why you...a BGLO had to get on TV and show how white you are! That is still a disgrace and more proof that you will do anything to get noticed! But hey, white boys step too!!

Pimp or Die!

out in the street, you know what the deal is !!!

As far as the White frats, don't act like their are none that are Kappas. From what I've SEEN and HEARD I think it was more a disgrace to you and you bros. to have Kappa represented by those who are of a DARKER complexion!

Pimp or Die!

As much as you want to deny it, Elder Watson Diggs did write a letter to A. Langston Taylor wanting to merge the fraternities. Why he wanted to do that, I have no idea. I've heard rumors why (like your fraternity was having financial troubles at the time), but I don't know - and I probably will never know, because you won't tell me ...... I guess he wanted to also make the first Red, White, and Blue - All American fraternity. But guess what - he was REJECTED!!!!

As for the Unknown Stepteam, they are one of the best stepteams in the nation. Phi Beta Sigma prides itself in diversity. We feel as if a man should make the organization instead of the organization making him. He is accepted on his own merits - not because he is likes wearing bow-ties, is light-skinned, dark-skinned, or even black, white, or whatever. Those brothers deserved to be there because of their skills, not their color....

Originally posted by Tigerpride
It's hard to believe that any of you have the nerve to say that you are first to do anything when everything that ANY of you have done since 1911 is copy off of Kappa Alpha Psi. We still set the standard and you all TRY to copy.

As far as stepping goes I always have a hard time trying to figure out the difference in the Sigmas and the Alphas. I mean they need to just merge together. They step the same, act the same, look the same, and "walk" the same. They are the epitomy of LAME in the world. LOL

Suge, I thought I had heard some bad stories, but that one takes the cake. :lmao:

Negro pleeze!

If you clowns even realized how much influence WE have had on YOU...you'd probably want to be quiet for a minute! :D

Your history book may tell the story from a particular point, but it doesn't say what happened BEFORE the "printed portion"...;)

It's all good, though...you will see only what you want to see through your pretty little red and white glasses. :lol:

And as far as stepping goes...you REALLY don't want to go there! Most of y'all fools can't step anyway! Hell...a ballerina can twirl a baton...what makes you so different. :p
On the real though, I like to see GOOD Kappa performances with some tight cane work...it's just that I hadn't been "privileged" to witness anything worth a dayum in about 7 or 8 years. :cool:

Sigmas and the Alphas don't step alike...but at least we DO know how to step! :p
What do you think about that, KT????

I'm certain that the original hard copy of this letter is somewhere. I would pay to see this. This is the First I have ever heard of such. I mean I have heard several Alpha-Kappa rumors and several Alpha-Omega rumors but I guess since Simga stuff is so irrelevent, either no one cares to share or no one even cares to know. LOL

.and KT, I don't know about Sigma requirements but I always thought that they were the ones who were afraid to even suffer the rejection by the Kappa and Omega and didn't make the Alpha cut off. According to you I am wrong. LOL I am still trying to figure out the pecking order for Alpha and Sigma.

Ntel, I would really love to know what Alpha has influenced into Kappa. I have heard a lot of silly stuff that makes you all feel better but I don't buy half of it.

I really want to know what you all were doing between 1906 and 1911. Remember, you guys were not even inco......I won't go there. But I bet you all won't tell that story but I did read one of your magazines last year that touched on it. You all really did handle that and deserve much props for it. THE BIG COVER UP.:lmao:

We weren't?????

Please do tell me the EXACT date of our incorporation then, since you seem to know a lot more about us than *I* and whether or not that date is strangely WAAAAAY after the year of 1911! :lol:

Cuz...without out ME there would be no YOU! :p
My history precedes yours, so be careful with you say...considering the fact that you just possibly might not be aware of a few things. It's all good, though...I don't blame them.
I'd put a spin on it too so that my future brothers wouldn't have it hanging over their heads for generations to come.

Influence can be a very touchy subject...remember that! :cool:

So, TP.....can YOU step???? I mean, you tryin' to call out everybody else...can you throw down????? :D

Man I love you people!!!

Okay, let me get this story straight.......First you said Elder Watson Diggs wrote a letter to want to be a part of sigma, then you say he wrote the letter asking for sigma and Kappa to join forces, because we were in financial trouble? But you denied Diggs, and then you denied wanting to join up with us? And all this happened when? LOL. Just when I thought this story couldn't get any worser, it did. Man the things you people try to konvince yourselves of to make you feel better about being a second rate frat. Well at least now you have the Iotas to look down upon.

Man I know we all have tales and stories to prop ourselves. And I have heard alot of them. But this one takes all the kake. I mean the fact that you people actually believe this is too funny for words. It's one thing to say it in all jest, and when running greek smack, but I am getting the feeling that you folks really believe this.........ROTFLOL!!! Sometimes I just have to SMH!!
Hey..don't the lavender boys "step" today. Or bark, or whatever the hell them lames do. The next time I see the poodles win a step show will be the 1st time! Maybe they will break out their white boys too!

1 & 1 & 1 is 3
You need to watch your girl, cuz your girll is watching me!!

Ntel,

I don't really get into the rumors but the ish these Sigmas are spitting today almost made me make all of you feel like the second rate frats you are. I mean, do Sigmas even have conventions?? I know that the Alphas just wait until after we have ours and then just decide if they are going to do what we voted to do. I can name a few examples in just the last 10 years. LOL

OK, back to the subject:

Ntel, do you step like a Sigma??

.S. for those on this page that have never seen a Kappa Alpha Psi step show with real stepping in it, I would suggest you take a trip to 'da Bluff of the mighty Mississippi where THE SOUTHERN UNIVERSTY and A & M College stands! There you will find the Alpha Sigma chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

that's the chapter that got beat up and ran away when that 1 Que attacked them in 98 at SU.

Ntel,

I don't really get into the rumors but the ish these Sigmas are spitting today almost made me make all of you feel like the second rate frats you are. I mean, do Sigmas even have conventions?? I know that the Alphas just wait until after we have ours and then just decide if they are going to do what we voted to do. I can name a few examples in just the last 10 years. LOL

OK, back to the subject:

Ntel, do you step like a Sigma??

Nope...I step like the Ice Cold Alpha that I am! I have competed and WON!:p
Any MORE question?

Hell, sir...can YOU even step like a KAPPA???? :lol:

We wait for y'all to have conventions first, huh? OKay, sir. :)

Fool, we were holding yearly conventions YEARS before your forefathers decided to venture to ol' Indiana University! Want to see some pictures from the convention held in 1908?...I can probably do that for you, yanno. But then again, it wouldn't do any good. :( YOu'd just swear that they were doctored up or something...:rolleyes: :)

Can you even BOP a dayum cane? That's what *I* want to know! :lol:

Whether you want to believe it or not...we were well incorporated WAAAAY before you even existed....please believe it! :D

But you never answered my question.....CAN YO AZZ STEP????? :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ntel,

If I saw a person dressed in regular clothes stepping, how would be able to tell if that person is an Alpha or Sigma??

<font size=6 color=maroon>CAN.....YOU.....STEP????</font> :lol:

It's easy. When you see that Alpha Train comin' around the corner...you KNOW it's the Bruhs! :p

"Get on boarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd....my Brothas...
Get on Board that ol' Alpha Traaaaaain.

Get on boarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd....my Brothas...
Get on Board that ol' Alpha Traaaaaain.

Well it starteeeeeeeeeeeed.....in 19-0-6!
And ever since theeeeeeeen...we've been runnin' the S...H...*shhh* you know the rest! ;)

Get on boarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd....my Brothas....
Get on Board that ol' Alpha Traaaaaain....."

Aside from the slight diverge of the topic... The Sigmas were pretty good. The Alphas were better on their day. The Deltas were off the hook.

AND TONIGHT.... THE OMEGAS and the SIGMAS!

Which i must add... THE OMEGAS just SET IT OUT!!!

carry on...

I don't know about the Deltas I have seen some great Delta's that group looked like men stepping up there...

and before anyone say's anything about hating I watch it with my girl who is a Delta and she said the same thing...

The Proposed Sigma/Kappa Merger

I know we all like to clown each other about our fraternal choices. I have friends in just about the entire NPHC and we all kid around about each other's fraternity or sorority. However, in the end facts are facts. The "merger" is discussed on Page 103 of The Divine Nine written by Lawrence C. Ross, Jr., a member of Alpha Phi Alpha:
"One curious development came not from within Phi Beta Sigma, but from a letter from the Grand Polemarch and founder of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Elder Diggs. Phi Beta Sigma reported to its body that Mr. Diggs inquired about exploring a possible merger of the two organizations, in an effort to expand the Midwestern Kappa Alpha Psi and the Eastern Phi Beta Sigma. After a discussion of the pros and cons of such a move, Sigma respectfully declined"

As far a the cane debate goes, you could go to http://www.sigmahistory.cjb.net and see older pictures of Frat with canes from years past. As far as "twirling" goes, if one studies stepping styles they could clearly see that in its purest form Sigma cane stepping and Kappa cane twirling are not the same. Sigma did not "bite" the Kappas twirling style because Sigma cane stepping is not done in the same manner. We use more beats and taps than basic twirls and throws. Of course there are times where there are similiarities, but in essence they are different. As far as Alpha staffs go, that's some new s*it.

As far as having non-Black members in our Fraternity is concerned, NPHC organizations had non-Black initiates are far back as the '20's and '30's. I am certain that Kappa Alpha Psi, which started at a predominantly-White school in an area of the country heavily populated by Caucasians, is no exception. I have no shame in saying that I have Frat Brothers that are White, Latino, or Asian, as long as Sigma is in their hearts.

This "Eternal Scroller" myth is pure garbage. For starters, there was no Kappa chapter or even a Kappa presense at Howard in 1914. Additionally, none of the founders or charter members of Sigma were from anywhere remotely near Indiana. Kappa's Xi Chapter website clearly states that Kappa did not become established at Howard until 1920(http://www.cldc.howard.edu/~monroe/kapsi/xihistory.htm)

People can get mad all they want to, but the facts are the facts.

GOMAB

"One curious development came not from within Phi Beta Sigma, but from a letter from the Grand Polemarch and founder of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Elder Diggs. Phi Beta Sigma reported to its body that Mr. Diggs inquired about exploring a possible merger of the two organizations, in an effort to expand the Midwestern Kappa Alpha Psi and the Eastern Phi Beta Sigma. After a discussion of the pros and cons of such a move, Sigma respectfully declined"

This is still a rumor. That Divine Nine Book is garbage from front to back. I guess no one ever even saw the letter :confused". An unknown person, reported they had received it. Again, that book is garbage and biased.

Also, IF this is true, props to Diggs. Looks like he was trying to pimp the Sigma's. ....also this RUMOR does not mention the financial degradation of Kappa that led to this "letter".

Maybe the next line I pledge, I will start a rumor. This is sad.

Originally posted by Ntelekt

Sigmas and the Alphas don't step alike...but at least we DO know how to step! :p
What do you think about that, KT????

Right on Ntelekt, right on!!! Sigmas and Alpha definitely do not step alike. We both have our own unique styles. We do have one thing in common - we continue to win all of the stepshows. In MY experience as a Sigma, I have seen over 100 stepshows and I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually seen any other organization win (fraternities).

.and KT, I don't know about Sigma requirements but I always thought that they were the ones who were afraid to even suffer the rejection by the Kappa and Omega and didn't make the Alpha cut off. According to you I am wrong. LOL I am still trying to figure out the pecking order for Alpha and Sigma.

Never heard that one before either... But I am pretty sure that happens to every organization in one chapter or another. I remember a guy that made it to a Sigma interview and got kicked out, almost made the Alpha line the next year but was a little to late turning in his paper work, but was a Kappa the next year. And he was one of the most respected Kappas on the yard. NO SMACK, JUST FACT....

A little clarification for those that are a little slow......

Man I love you people!!!

Okay, let me get this story straight.......First you said Elder Watson Diggs wrote a letter to want to be a part of sigma, then you say he wrote the letter asking for sigma and Kappa to join forces, because we were in financial trouble? But you denied Diggs, and then you denied wanting to join up with us? And all this happened when? LOL. Just when I thought this story couldn't get any worser, it did. Man the things you people try to konvince yourselves of to make you feel better about being a second rate frat. Well at least now you have the Iotas to look down upon.

Man I know we all have tales and stories to prop ourselves. And I have heard alot of them. But this one takes all the kake. I mean the fact that you people actually believe this is too funny for words. It's one thing to say it in all jest, and when running greek smack, but I am getting the feeling that you folks really believe this.........ROTFLOL!!! Sometimes I just have to SMH!!
Hey..don't the lavender boys "step" today. Or bark, or whatever the hell them lames do. The next time I see the poodles win a step show will be the 1st time! Maybe they will break out their white boys too!

1 & 1 & 1 is 3
You need to watch your girl, cuz your girll is watching me!!

When I spoke of Elder Watson Diggs, I spoke of him as a repesentative of Kappa Alpha Psi... The entire fraternity, not just him as an individual. "Wanting to join up" or "merging" is all the same to me. And as I stated, I did not know why. That is why I said it was a rumor. And thanks to BILBREW (GOMAB Frat), we all have a better understanding....;) Phi Beta Sigma first class all the way. We don't need props, gimmicks, or anything else to stand. We don't need to go to the stepshows to perform (not step) by pulling off all our clothes down to our silk boxers (or Fruit of the Loom briefs [the white ones with blue and gold stripes on the elastic part] like this one group of Kappas had on in a recent show at U of West AL), and lick whipped cream off of a nasty-arsed stage - just to get women... We even let you borrow our cane - a beautiful gift that was presented to our precious fraternity by one of our brothers that was an African King - something that we have used since for style and stepping.... And to show how grateful you are, ATTEMPT to smack talk us... How pitiful....:(

Do you still think that it's a rumor?

These are the words of Most Honorable Founder A. Langston Taylor, taken from the 35th Anniversary edition of The Crescent (Spring 1949)

"The General Board received, in November 1915, an invitation from Elder W. Diggs, founder and President of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, to unite with it. The General Board after careful consideration decided not to accept the invitation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back