Did anybody watch the All-Star Game

northern tiger

I am a baseball fan anyway so it was given that I would watch. And plus it was in Chi-Town!!!!!!! (Go Cubs). It was better than I expected. Even though it was fused with politics, the game was respected by the players who participated. They did not disappoint. I am a national league supporter so I was not too happy with the outcome. But it was a good game so I will let it slide. We do need to get our younger generation involved in the sport though. Everyone talks about the influence of football and basketball in the inner-city with the "hip-hop" era being more of a reflection of the urban youth. I guess they forget how much jewlery baseball players where (even the white guys). They get paid more than any sport and have the most longevity. I know these elements are not the true essence of "hip-hop", but let the media tell it, thats all what our youth is concerned with. Baseball is a great game and it needs to be passed down to our younger generations before its too late.

I watched it...

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

It was a really good game, most times I rather go to a baseball game them to watch one on TV, but it was good. :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JSU*Toi

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

It was a really good game, most times I rather go to a baseball game them to watch one on TV, but it was good. :tup:

Toi. do you remeber bat day at old Cominsky (spelling) Park, or is that waaaaaaaaay before your time?

The home-field advantage thing is asinine. Alternating years was pretty stupid too. What's the matter with letting the team with the best record have HFA?

By the way, if it sounds like I'm bitter, I am. My team's players (A. Jones, Furcal, Ortiz, Lopez, Sheffield) did the deal last night and if it wasn't for that fat arse Gagne, Smoltz would have shut the AL down in the ninth.....

Go White Sox (SouthSide Hit Men)

I'm a avid fan of the game and if it wasn't for my daughter having a basketball game I would have watched it from begining to end.

I was glad to see that home run hit in the bottom of the 8th inning, I'm a american league fan with the exception of the Astros.

I loved the Home Run Derby on monday night also. Can't wait till next year when the game is here in Houston. Trying to get tickets for it now.

I remember all the giveaways they had over at Comensky Park. I used to go to all of them, had the hats, helmets, balls, bats, pennets and everything else the Sox were giving away. Ball clubs don't give out the good stuff like they did in my day.

I watched it.

Yep, I checked out the game. Started to cry when the only Astros in the game gave up that homer. :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: :redhot: WAGNER :redhot: I knew the game was over right there. In fact the announcer stated that. The AL would come back and win it.

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: WAGNER :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Back