Delta State vs Jackson State Game Thread: 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loss to ULM, probably the lowest rated of all FBS schools, and now barley defeating a middle of the road Division II institution in Delta State, JSU clearly has work to do. It wouldn't hurt if they looked at the QB position to find part of the answer. That offensive line needs some work as well..
And that lowest rated FBS school would more than likely kick your school's Arse!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Didn't you say we would lose. All of a sudden delta state became a middle of the road divisional team 😆 🤣
Usually when I see one of ole Earle's lofty flowery homie comments, I often:
drive off 50 cent GIF

We had to see if anyone could step up and it looked like only one db deserves pt out of all of the new players that hit the field today. So moving forward, I don't want to see folks posting about being slept on. Third string LBs gave up that long run. That is why you are third string.
True.. they had their chance. Even JD Martin got some PT on offense.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Coach Prime got a slice of humble pie on today. Trust me, his ego is bruised on this evening.
And why would he be so bruised?! He's tasted defeat in the Spring? He was aware that his Offense hasn't performed nearly up to expectations and needs much improvement especially the O-line! He was aware that his guys were going up against a pretty good D2 team! I think some ppl who make such exaggerated statements may be too anxious to see him fail.

Last edited:
Alright, two last things and I'm ready to move on! If we are going to have a pocket passer as our #1 QB then Protect him! And Mr. OC please design plays to get the ball out of the QB hand quicker! Shedeur has the courage and bravado to stand in the pocket but don't put him at such high risk especially since the O-line hasn't gelled at this juncture. Maybe cut down on those deep routes and give him some quick routes across the middle and/or utilize the TE more.

Alright, two last things and I'm ready to move on! If we are going to have a pocket passer as our #1 QB then Protect him! And Mr. OC please design plays to get the ball out of the QB hand quicker! Shedeur has the courage and bravado to stand in the pocket but don't put him at such high risk especially since the O-line hasn't gelled at this juncture. Maybe cut down on those deep routes and give him some quick routes across the middle and/or utilize the TE more.
Did it against famu and tnsu (getting the ball out in 3 seconds). Not sure why they went away from it

They want him to be the face of the team so they are ignoring his youth because of his arm talent. They need to completely evaluate the scheme and play selection. We played the short game in previous games when the vertical passing game was available and did the opposite today. There are 3 kinds of qbs: One that you win with in spite of their play, one who manages well and won't lose games , and one that wins games with their performance. He wants to be the last one but we only need the second one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back