Dear Band Board.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suge

The Phat Mack
<font size =20>HOLLA!!</font>

Hey Kenn if I was you, I would tell all those band geeks to Kiss my Yalla arse. They tried to call your bluff, well I would teach all their arses a lesson. I would shut that summa Beeyotch down, and then I would make a link for whatever board it is that they want to go to, and propmptly send their arses over there! I wouldn't give a dayum about none of them and their little threats about what they are going to do. If they want to leave so bad, then FN leave, and stop making post about how yall are going to leave. And your last rights of passage and what not. This is your house,and if these mofo's don't like the way you run your house, then tell them to get the Fugg out!

The Door is over --------------------------->>>>>!

Go arrange a song, or dance a jig, or scream on each other, or whatever the hell it is that you people do!

Yall watch that door knob on the way out!
:lmao:

Let me help yall with your cadence.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think they've already made their "journey" to the other board. Half their names are still at the top of the page looking.

Band... Ahhhhhhh Tennnn Huttt.

Tweeee Tweeeee, Tweeeet Tweeeet Tweeeeet Tweeeeet.

Your left,
Your left,
Your left, right, left...

Your left,
Your left,
Your left, right, left...

Dammit Kenn you need to do something about this crap...

Now these dayum mofos are sending me e-mails and PMs trying to recruit me(and probably others too) to their "new" site! Don't they understand that I don't give a rats arse if they leave......but I'm not going with you bastards!

Look, give them a place to post their link so they can get the fugg out, and Sonic98, don't PM anymore. I am not going anywhere! Yall can go talk about blowing your horns, and who toots their arses better somewhere else!

Now March yall arses on out .....

As usual, Sugar Smacks, you have MADE my day!

Boy, you is as IGNANT as they come!!

I am a rare poster on this board, but I DO respect it and I DO voice my opinion, but...

Is this thread a joke or something?

I mean, I really don't understand what YOUR problem is. If you hadn't noticed, the Marching Bands in the SWAC are a part of what makes the SWAC.....the SWAC! WE contribute to what makes the games that YOU attend or discuss what they are. OUR competitive rivalry and drive is what sometimes helps WIN the games that you attend!

Now, if Kenn Rashad were threatening to wipe out the boards that YOU frequent, what would you be saying then?

If Kenn feels his "authority" has been disrespected.....that's his problem. And I don't contest to his actions, if that's what the case is...

But please...:rolleyes:

LOL @ Suge.....and to think I don't recall Ken singling out any board when he said that people would have to pay....as a matter of fact he even said that was the board that WOULDN'T have to pay. So I just find it amusing that none of the other boards started the anti-swacpage crew. Hmm....

Originally posted by smallone
I am a rare poster on this board, but I DO respect it and I DO voice my opinion, but...

I mean, I really don't understand what YOUR problem is. If you hadn't noticed, the Marching Bands in the SWAC are a part of what makes the SWAC.....the SWAC! WE contribute to what makes the games that YOU attend or discuss what they are. OUR competitive rivalry and drive is what sometimes helps WIN the games that you attend!

Now, if Kenn Rashad were threatening to wipe out the boards that YOU frequent, what would you be saying then?

If Kenn feels his "authority" has been disrespected.....that's his problem. And I don't contest to his actions, if that's what the case is...

But please...:rolleyes:

Kenn got on them and shut them down for a day because of all the cursing and unruly behavior that was going on. He asked them to stop and they woud'nt. It's his show, plain and simple, If you can't abide by his rules, then step.

I for one, push the envelope quite a bit, but if he or any moderator asks me to chill then I chill.

And he isn't threating to wipe out the boards we frequent because, when people get out of line, they either respond to the guidlines or they step.

It's dat simple...

:D :D :D

smallone, it's no use...

But please...

Smallone, I feel where you're coming from, but you're preachin' to a brick wall here...The folks that you're talking to on this thread are <b>glad</b> to see that forum go down :smh:...

Most of the cats that are glad to see the forum go had absolutely <b>no respect</b> for what we do in the first place.. :shame: I enjoyed <b>all</b> the forums on this site because it was supposed to be a venue where folks could relate to what it means to be an HBCU student...The last time I checked, <b>all</b> of us fell under that category...

As far as how Kenn handled the situation, it ain't my call...It is his site....However, You can tell who gets catered to and who doesn't here...There's a double standard for the folks here on this board and you're pretty much SOL if you're on the wrong side of that fence...

The other sites that are totally dedicated to bands (i.e. the 5th quarter, marchingsport, etc...) welcome anybody that wants to post on the site without any bias, whether you're a bandsmen or not...The 5Q is <b>far more strict</b> where it pertains to policy enforcement, but you'll never see them zip the entire board, or a whoal forum for that matter, primarily because it ain't fair to the folks that <b>do</b> follow the guidelines and stay within the framework....

Kenn got on them and shut them down for a day because of all the cursing and unruly behavior that was going on. He asked them to stop and they woud'nt. It's his show, plain and simple, If you can't abide by his rules, then step.

Mack, I'd agree with you except for one little omission...This ain't the first time that this issue has come up with the entire board getting zipped...The bottom line is that everyone's got the right to post on this site, particularly if they're within the guidelines for doing so...Making a generalization and zipping the <b>entire</b> forum on a whim is not only unfair, but it shows what alot of the folks that aren't within that circle think of the loyalty the bandsmen have given to this site...Let's be real...If small talk or the smack board got zipped because Ken got salty over what one or two posters think of him on the site, you guys would be rasin' hell...:shame:

The bottom line is that the whole thing should've been handled in a more adult manner, from both sides...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Young lady,

If you really cared about the band, you would be supporting Kenn's action. All he is asking for is no cussing. The rules are the same on all boards. For you all to get mad only shows your youth and (I'll stop).

But...I won't miss ya'll.

Man, ya'll over there saying goodbye like ya'll having a funeral. Do you need to put a clip of some spiritual over there. This is sad.

Re: smallone, it's no use...

Originally posted by crazylegs

...The bottom line is that everyone's got the right to post on this site, particularly if they're within the guidelines for doing so...Making a generalization and zipping the <b>entire</b> forum on a whim is not only unfair, but it shows what alot of the folks that aren't within that circle think of the loyalty the bandsmen have given to this site...Let's be real...If small talk or the smack board got zipped because Ken got salty over what one or two posters think of him on the site, you guys would be rasin' hell...:shame:

The bottom line is that the whole thing should've been handled in a more adult manner, from both sides...

Dude posting here is not a right, it's a privelage...

That's like me coming into your house and going into your refridgerator and saying that I have a right to a Ham Sammich.

And you don't have to worry bout other forums gettin zipped, If you haven't noticed there is an age/maturity level between the previously mentioned, that should tell you something.

mack....

Dude posting here is not a right, it's a privelage...

That's like me coming into your house and going into your refridgerator and saying that I have a right to a Ham Sammich.

And you don't have to worry bout other forums gettin zipped, If you haven't noticed there is an age/maturity level between the previously mentioned, that should tell you something.

That's a load of crap, mack....

You've got knuckleheads everywhere on this site...Threre are as many old heads and alumni that were patrons of the band board as there were anyplace else on the site...

Personal Attacks abound on this site in general....That's not something that's not native to the band board...The subject matter in alot of the threads that I've seen on the site are about as fickle and immature as they come...

So, you got a few knuckleheads that don't know how to keep there traps shut...You zip the <b>entire board</b> including the majority of the folks that stay within the guidelines that Kenn set out??? Oh, I guess that a blanket generalization is ok in this case... :shame:

I've seen tamer language at a skrip joint than I've seen on some of the small talk and smack board threads and there's never even been a mention of getting rid of an <b>entire</b> forum... :shame:

Kenn made an impulsive, biased judgement...point blank...I can't tell him how to run his site, but i can call a spade a spade...If folks are saying their goodbye's over on the band board, what's it to you, anyway???

It looks like a good number of you cats never had any respect for what the young folks that posted on that site did anyway....Heck, for all I know, it's the same way when you see bandsmen in real life... :shame:

crazylegs did you post any of these speeches directed at the ones who essentially were responsible for the board being closed?

Originally posted by Suge
<font size =20>HOLLA!!</font>

Hey Kenn if I was you, I would tell all those band geeks to Kiss my Yalla arse. They tried to call your bluff, well I would teach all their arses a lesson. I would shut that summa Beeyotch down, and then I would make a link for whatever board it is that they want to go to, and propmptly send their arses over there! I wouldn't give a dayum about none of them and their little threats about what they are going to do. If they want to leave so bad, then FN leave, and stop making post about how yall are going to leave. And your last rights of passage and what not. This is your house,and if these mofo's don't like the way you run your house, then tell them to get the Fugg out!

The Door is over --------------------------->>>>>!

Go arrange a song, or dance a jig, or scream on each other, or whatever the hell it is that you people do!

Yall watch that door knob on the way out!

Let me help yall with your cadence.......

Only someone from GSU could be this lame. Ofcourse I wouldn't expect anything less from you. No one representing GSU on this forum has a clue. All you lil GSPoo people can stick together all you want. Yall always running your mouth with BS on this forum, but we all know the truth about it. Great? GSpoo comedy gets better everyday.

Originally posted by Suge
Dammit Kenn you need to do something about this crap...

Now these dayum mofos are sending me e-mails and PMs trying to recruit me(and probably others too) to their "new" site! Don't they understand that I don't give a rats arse if they leave......but I'm not going with you bastards!

Look, give them a place to post their link so they can get the fugg out, and Sonic98, don't PM anymore. I am not going anywhere! Yall can go talk about blowing your horns, and who toots their arses better somewhere else!

Now March yall arses on out .....

I don't care if you support the site. I know your boy Kenn on some BS, many members of the site do, and members and creators of many other hbcu and band related sites know what he all about. But you can act ignorant if you like, well you did go to GSU, but your boy don't keep it real. If you don't support other black sites, it's all good, you're 1 person. But coming on here acting like an a.s.s has no effect on me, what I think, or how I post. And for your information, the site in question is not a band-only site. It just happens to have a band forum, just as TSP does. A major goal of the site is actually to attract, non-band people to it, and I don't mean TSP sports posters specifically. Why am I even talking bout this, you're obviously gonna blindly follow your boy, and won't admit the truth of HBCU sporting events or this forum.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Young lady,

If you really cared about the band, you would be supporting Kenn's action. All he is asking for is no cussing. The rules are the same on all boards. For you all to get mad only shows your youth and (I'll stop).

But...I won't miss ya'll.

If you seriously think is just about no cussing, then you obviously are not paying attention. I expected a little more thinking from someone reppin JSU. What is so funny about some of yall is that you actually think people go to these games for the football game. Come on, do you really think 60,000 come to Memorial Stadium to see us beat Valley by 30 points. My fellow JSUers on Smack Board and Sports Board always bragging bout our attedance numbers. IF they took attendance after half-time, maybe we still take the SWAC attendance lead, but not by nearly as much. How can a school with less than 10% the enrollment of a PWC have an attedance figure of the same number at its football game? Think logically for one second. While we're on the subject of bands drawing attention, if it wasn't for the band posters, TSP would never have gotten as popular as it has. In the early days, the band board was the most active forum. You can post about 1AA football anywhere. TSP got popular because of stuff like the JSU guest book incident, the SU-PV fight, Sonic Boom vs Marching 100 in a classic, JukeBox vs Marching 100. Then certain people rep JSU and don't even realize the Sonic Boom is the biggest recruiter the school has. People want to go to the school that packs Memorial Stadium. It's packed because of the BOOM. If not for the band, there are some games no one would go to. A lot of people who don't play sports come here cause they want to go to the school where the BOOM is. When Dr. Mason goes and talks to other presidents, govt officials, parents, and potential students, the first subject people ask him about in non-formal settings is the Sonic Boom of the South. They don't ask him bout the football team, the new construction, the Computer Science dept, or JSU academic affairs. They ask about the band. And if you don't believe it, I suggest you take a trip to the 9th floor of the Administation Tower monday.

And don't let these registration dates on the member page fool you. Some band posters have been posting on TSP longer than many sports and smack posters. We've been on here since day 1. I may not be remembering correctly, but I think we were intially posting in a general forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back