Darnell's Diary

SlickPartna

Client & Player President
darnell1.jpg

Alabama State's Darnell Kennedy practices with the Gray squad during the first day of workouts for the Blue-Gray Classic. The Hornets' quarterback is writing a daily journal of his experiences for the Advertiser.

Darnell Kennedy was a four-year starter at Alabama State. He led the Hornets to their first SWAC championship game this year. He finished his ASU career third in Division I-AA in total yardage with 12,888 yards. Here are his impressions of the first day of Blue-Gray practice.

---------------

We had an orientation on what we should expect today and this week. Everything is so amazing right now, kind of breathtaking.

The NFL has always been a dream of mine as a child. Right now, it?s looking me in the face.

My roommate is Greg Zolman (of Vanderbilt). There are no problems between us. We talk a lot and have good conversations. He came in late last night after an exam so he had to take every test today.

After breakfast, we had a meeting with our coach and learned the offense.

I had no problems with the plays like I thought I would at one time.

The first day of practice went OK, I believe. I feel that any day I have two or three incomplete passes is a bad day. But tommorow?s a new day, and I still have the chance to be perfect.

After practice, we ate and I finished my last (NFL) test. Man, it feels good to say that. All the tests were OK except the N.Y. Giants. Their test contains 519 true/false questions. I think I speak for everyone when I say I?m glad that one is over.

That?s the end of day one. I?ll write more tomorrow. Remember if you, the readers, believe I can make it, I?ll make it. I believe I can.
----------------------------------

M. Advertiser.com

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
From Darnell Kennedy's Diary . . .

"Remember if you, the readers, believe I can make it, I?ll make it. I believe I can. "

Darnell,

We don't just "believe" you can make it, we KNOW you can!

Originally posted by Deuce
From Darnell Kennedy's Diary . . .

"Remember if you, the readers, believe I can make it, I?ll make it. I believe I can. "

Darnell,

We don't just "believe" you can make it, we KNOW you can!

TRUE THAT! TRUE THAT!!!! Good luck Mr. Kennedy!!!

I've been impressed with Kennedy since his Freshman year. I think it's great that he's sharing the experience with his fans. Also props to the newspaper for allowing him to share this via their medium.

I hope he has an excellent camp and showing in the Blue/Gray game (also all the other HBCU reps). He should be fine!

What other qb's are on the South roster?

MB,

5 Greg Zolman QB 6' 1" 208 Vanderbilt
7 Darnell Kennedy QB 6' 180 Alabama State

guess that's why they're roomies.....

for a complete roster see the thread, Blue & Gray Roster, by Soloman, it's a little farther down the page..

Good luck DK. Just make sure he get the ball to one of the JSU WR's so they can make him look good.

The other guy...

Zolman- Vanderbuilts ol' QB:

...Was seen in the Brew Pub downtown with several cats from the SAINTS... looks like they are tryin' to get a ol' white boy to back up Aaron Brooks.... hmmmm??

I'll just keep my eyes open to see who's got their eyes on DK... or anyone else from the SWAC for that matter.

The good thing is DK is getting good Pub. time by writing the daily "Darnell's Diarys" in the Montgomery Advertiser. Not to mention he's sat in on some News Broadcast to interview and talk about the B/G Game process and practices.

He's gotta love it!!

Back