Darnell Kennedy picked for the Blue&Gray game....

HORNETSWARM

We will all see Kennedy one more time this year. On the local NBC affiliate WSFA, sports anchorman Phil Snow said that Kennedy will play in the Blue & Gray game. It is often said that most players in the past that played in the game went on, and made it in the NFL or other professional leagues. It is rare to be in such company as a black QB in the Blue & Gray. We all got a chance to see one of the best QB's in the nation and hopefully we will see him many more times. We can all thank Johnny Cole for making Kennedy even more productive than he was before. There is no doubt in my mind that Kennedy could have broken "Air McNair's" record if he had spent all four years under Cole. Kennedy didn't play football until his senior year of high school, which makes him even more amazing. Murray the talented QB that attended Tenn. State also was among the top in Div.I-AA stats under Cole's system. Tomorrows newspaper will probably have more on this story.

That's what 'um talking about!!!
What about COLE(s) Coaching in the B/G Game??

Have they named the Coaches yet??

I hate a missed the news today... I'll catch the 10pm news then! :D

I was talking with a jaguar buddy of mine yesterday concerning the importance of a good qb coach. He felt that a lot of HBCU's shortchange themselves by not having a "true" quarterback coach on the field.

He wasn't being critical, but felt that SU really needed to look into hiring someone to coach the qb's and allow Orlando to concentrate on being offensive coordinator/rb coach.

We both noted that Kennedy, Kent, and Hymes were at an advantage becuz of the presence of former qb's on the staff.

Anyway, props to Kennedy and his B/G selection!

Congrats Darnell!!!

How is the Blue/Gray set up??? North/South or East/West?? No matter, I guess. Darnell will be throwing to T. C. Taylor and Lawrence Story in this game. It was announced at the basketball game tonight that they were also invited. And if they can't get Darnell to throw them the ball something is wrong.

The SWAC is about to clown these fools.

I wasn't impressed with Story, but maybe the injured hand had something to do with his performance in the game I saw.

Now TC Taylor looks legit. I honestly think he has a good chance to make it. I wish them both well in the B/G game and in there upcoming years!

Re: Congrats Darnell!!!

Originally posted by Robber
How is the Blue/Gray set up??? North/South or East/West?? No matter, I guess. Darnell will be throwing to T. C. Taylor and Lawrence Story in this game. It was announced at the basketball game tonight that they were also invited. And if they can't get Darnell to throw them the ball something is wrong.

The SWAC is about to clown these fools.

North vs South (Blue vs Gray)

CONGRATULATIONS TO DARNELL KENNEDY AND THE REST OF THE SWAC PLAYERS WHO WERE SELECTED TO PLAY IN THE BLUE/GRAY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
I wasn't impressed with Story, but maybe the injured hand had something to do with his performance in the game I saw.

Now TC Taylor looks legit. I honestly think he has a good chance to make it. I wish them both well in the B/G game and in there upcoming years!

Story's situation is probably one of the S _ _ dest examples of how horrible our coaching staff is. I believe Story broke (fractured) his right thumb in the Howard game. He then dislocated his left thumb in the Valley games. Those were the 1st two games played. Hands are useless if the you ain't got no thumbs (excuse the grammar). Story would not let them keep him out of the game. The coaches should have sat him down until his thumbs healed. He did nothing but hurt the team until the NCA&T game, when he actually started catching balls, which continued for the final 3 games.

But our dumb coaches kept putting him out there to drop TD passes, and believe me, he dropped some of the most beautiful bombs you'd ever wanna see thrown. I'm talking 5 yards ahead of the DB and the ball hits him in his chest from over the correct shoulder. But he was too busy trying to protect his thumbs and wound up dropping passes. I blame that all on the coaches. It wasn't like we had a shortage of capable WRs. Y'all know we are always stacked at that position. We are Wide Receiver U. But we were too dumb to sit Story 'til his thumbs healed.

I'm guessing that Story will do well. With his height and speed, all he needs to do is catch balls during practice and in the game. Darnell will help convince them.

Don't Forget

Donald Carrie benefited from having John McKenzie and Richard Myles on the Alcorn Staff.

Congrats to the SWAC Players selected for the Blue/Gray Game.

Darnell, Tango,T.C. and Lawrence on the same team Oh my Gawd!!!The South squad is about to wreck shop!!

I wish Darnell the best of luck. More than anything he really needs to shine in the practices, because that determine's his playing time during the game.

In those games, they shuffle, the qb's, and the most impressive qb in the practices, get the majority of the playing time, "L" if he really looks good, he may get a chance to start.

I know Shaun King's stock rose during those practices, as well as Kordell Stewart's stock during the Hula Bowl practices.

Congrats, to Darnell once again, and big props to the ASU coaching staff, for putting him in a position to play in the game.

NICE

SWAC #1

As a conference we are steadily proving that our talent is among the best that all of college football has to offer. Congrats to everyone who received this honor. I honestly believe that Kent and Kennedy can compete on any field that Rex Grossman and Simms can step on.

Congratulations Darnell ! ! !

Congrats also to Bama State's Tango McCauley and JSU's Lawrence Story and T.C. Taylor !

Hopefully all of these players will make the Senior Bowl also.

I'm looking forward to seeing Darnell one mo' time puttin' it up in the Bowl ! ! !

Man that South Squad is gonna be sooooooooooooo tight... are any of the Bama Posters gonna make the game? We need to get some boys in the first three rounds of the draft. Last year was sad waiting until day 2 to see SWAC players drafted....

I knew that Story wasn't himself..............

Congratulations fellas. I'm sure that Darnell will look out for those guys and represent the SWAC well.

I wonder what the other conference break-downs look like..

*cueing TWC to show some pride for the Gateway Conf. :)*

Originally posted by Deuce
Hopefully all of these players will make the Senior Bowl also.

I think Senior Bow invites go out before the season even starts. And I know that neither T.C. or Story got invited.

I'm really glad to hear this. He deserves it. Hopefully, he'll get a shoot in the pros, but I think his height is going to keep him from making it. He is truly gifted.

PEACE!!!

I want to see all of these talented players make in the pros. It feels good to be in the SWAC and watch all of this great talent. I've gotten the chance to see all of these players this year except Adam Lamb of Tx.Southern. I would have seen him also if Bin Laden wouldn't have acted-up on Sept.11th.

Props.

A great way for Darnell to go out as a senior. Dude has been through a lot. Did Brock Nutter make the south squad? How ironic it would be to see these two on the same team.

Back