Dandruff?

TSUalum05

I have a severe case of dry scalp which leads to dandruff and it seems like no matter what type of grease, shampoo or whatever I use just doesn't work. I know some of you may have some ideas or remedies to help me out.

Don't put gunk in your head. Keep your scalp clean and shampoo a couple times a week until it gets under control. Even when you don't shampoo rinse your head under the showerhead everytime you shower. If you do use grease, shampoo it out at the end of the day. (regular shampoo or medicated) Lastly find a good conditioner and use it every time you wash or rinse your hair. You will forget you ever had it after about a month.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
try going to a dermatologist, and let them evaluate your skin/scalp. you may need something prescribed.

i had dandruff, but i used over the counter stuff. my mommy has dandruff also, she uses Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo, it works.

also increase your water intake(that was recommended by my stylist), that has helped me a lot.

You may want to see a hair dresser or dermatologist. I don't have dandruff, but someone at my shop thought she did until my hair dresser told her it was eczema. The dermalogoist can prescribe something for that.

I have a severe case of dry scalp which leads to dandruff and it seems like no matter what type of grease, shampoo or whatever I use just doesn't work. I know some of you may have some ideas or remedies to help me out.

I used to have this problem BIGTIME. However, back then I was using 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioners. ABE is right, you do have to keep your hair clean BUT I only wash my hair every 3-4 days and I have no problems. I put stuff in my hair but the thing that helped me to overcome the dry scalp problem was to switch from Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 to using their Dry Scalp products individually (Shampoo and Conditioner). It's important to let the conditioner sit for a while....not too long but around 5 minutes. I used to have that cornflake sized dry scalp...LOL but since I started using stand alone conditioner, I have not had that problem since.

His problem seems to be dry scalp. Now using something in your hair to kill bacteria, etc from time to time is not a bad idea BUT people need to realize that dry scalp and dandruff are totally different. I have never had dandruff so maybe my solution won't help but he suggests that dry scalp leads to dandruff so logically speaking (as only I can do), if he gets rid of the dry scalp, he can get rid of the dandruff.

Back