Dad pulls gun on son after UA loss

Blacknbengal

Dad pulls gun on son after UA loss

09/30/03

CAROL ROBINSON
News staff writer

A Pinson man, upset over Alabama's double overtime loss to Arkansas, held a gun to his son's head and pulled the trigger shortly after Saturday's game ended, authorities said.

The bullet narrowly missed 20-year-old Seth Logan, who now acknowledges he had picked the wrong moment to ask his dad for a car, sheriff's spokesman Deputy Randy Christian said Monday.

Joseph Alan Logan, 46, surrendered just before the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department SWAT team arrived to take him into custody. He was charged with attempted murder and domestic violence and was released from the county jail Sunday on $7,500 bond.

"I know we take football serious in the South," Christian said, "but that's crossing the line."

Joseph Alan Logan later told investigators he was upset at his son's request because his son had already wrecked several vehicles.

"He claimed he was just trying to scare his son," Christian said.

According to a Jefferson County sheriff's report, here's what happened: Joseph Alan Logan had been drinking alcohol and was furious with Alabama's 34-31 loss to Arkansas. He began slamming doors, tossing boxes and throwing dishes in the sink. It was in the midst of that tantrum that Seth Logan broached the subject of a new car.

That's when his father went to his car and returned with a 9 mm pistol, the report said. He grabbed his son by the collar, put the gun in the middle of Seth Logan's forehead and said he was "going to blow your (expletive) brains out," according to the report.

Seth Logan moved his head just as his father fired and the bullet whizzed past him, the report said.

His ear was numb and his head ringing, he told authorities, but he was otherwise OK when he fled to a neighbor's house to call police.

Sheriff's authorities called the department's SWAT team when they found out the armed father still had a 13-year-old son in the house with him.

Joseph Alan Logan walked out of the house with the other son and turned himself in to police, Christian said.

Do we take our games this serious? :uhoh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by kellis
:( :( :( :( Is it really that serious?

White folx are serious about their football. And Black folx are serious about neckbones, BBQ ribs and turkey legs.

I always try to explain to Noise Talka how white folks in Alabama take football SERIOUSLY....after the Alabama-Auburn game SOMEBODY is going to get a serious assbeatin or killed.

Just think what this man would have done if Croom had been given the job. Its past time for the SEC to hire a Black coach but not at Bama.

Originally posted by DAHILL
I always try to explain to Noise Talka how white folks in Alabama take football SERIOUSLY....after the Alabama-Auburn game SOMEBODY is going to get a serious assbeatin or killed.

You almost say that with pride.

Hhmmmm....

'Bama loses to Northern Illinois at home. Then they lose a 31-point lead to Arkansas at Bryant-Denny. 'Bama fans had better get used to it. It will get worse before it gets better.

The boy should have known better. His azz probably thought since his pops was drunk that he would just say yes...surprise. Liquour can make you do some foul shat.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Shaking My Head!!

See, Jafus, I tried to warn yall about how vicious some Bama fans can be. But did anybody believe me???Noooooooooo!!! :smh:

(Maybe DAHILL is the only one who knows of what I speak)

Now mind you I said "some" Bama fans. Not all of us are like that. I am an alumni of Bama, but I would never, ever, pull a gun on my son after a Bama loss. Now I might slap the sh!t out of him, but thats about as far as I will go. :lol: Just kidding yall.

Mr. Croom, consider youself lucky that you did not get that job.

Originally posted by enswaclopedia
Just think what this man would have done if Croom had been given the job. Its past time for the SEC to hire a Black coach but not at Bama.

Now Bama folks can be savage, I will admit that. But let get real here. How do you think a black head football coach will be treated at Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss? Come on now, lets not just single out Bama. The only difference between an Auburn fans, Bama fans, Tennessee fans, Ole Miss fans are the colors they wear.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TSU/BAMA,

Well if Coach Croom was coaching maybe the gentleman would not have had a need to pull a gun out on his son. Especially considering the fact that Alabama would not have be under this curse and they would have never lost to Northern Illinois nor Arkansas. Hmmmmmmmm!!

TSU/BAMA, put LSU fans in the same category as Bama fans. Those purple and gold folks in the Southern part of Baton Rouge can act a bit wild when it come to football. In addition to finishing high school in a town that is 42 miles from Athens, GA, home of UGA, I am an ex-Baton Rouge resident. I know what I am saying.

Originally posted by enswaclopedia

I think that man and some other fans would either kill themselves or go shoot up their work place. I have a feeling either Auburn, Ole Miss or Miss St will be firing their head coach after this season, it'll be interesting to see if one of those schools will hire a black coach.

I'm so not surprised by this. What surprises me that this hasn't happen before. These fools down here get violent about UA and Auburn:shame:

-rant-
I'm going to puke after reading this thread. The insensitivity some show here is frightening. From ...he got what he deserved... to laughing about it, is disgusting. This poor kid had his own father put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. The very person who should ensure that his son's life continues is trying to snuff it. Nothing could be worse.
-end rant-

You're right about spades; The worst thing in the world is to let someone run a boston on you. You will eventually die but the fact that you had a boston run on you will live forever.

BTW: Can anyone tell me why it is called a boston?

Back