Cynthia McKinney**Democrat Implies Sept. 11 Administration Plot

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Looks like Billy came back to force a runoff,
but Cynthia didn't.

WHAT?? I am not surprised that Cynthia lost although I am surprised by the margin. But Billy is in a run-off. Is his district overwhelmingly majority Black? What happened?
:eek2:

I am not shedding any tears for Bob Barr.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It doesn't even matter now...All 3,000+ lives taken could have been prevented, but someone took it lightly....Those terrorists are steady planning attacks, and someone KNOWS about it and is not spilling the beans....!

HOWEVER,

I agree that there should not be a sudden news broadcast because AMERICA would go into panic mode.:eek2:

Originally posted by EB
I just checked the AJC page. Billy McKinney is in for a fight.
EB,
Ole Billy lost that fight! Only got 35% of the vote. Lost to a newcomer at that. Folks were just tired of his antics (and tired of his daughter's antics too)

EB,
Ole Billy lost that fight! Only got 35% of the vote. Lost to a newcomer at that. Folks were just tired of his antics (and tired of his daughter's antics too)

My mother told me last night. She like me was not impressed with Denise Majette. I feel that she offers nothing. The problem with Cynthia McKinney was how she said things. Even last night NBC reported the warning about the potential attacks. But we thought that Cynthia went overboard in her accusations.

As for Billy he needed to worry about his own campaign. It looks like he paid a price.

EB,
Denise Majette won in a landslide.
Georgia will have 4 African Americans in Congress.

but the Republicans did a number in the state.
I can't believe they won the top prize (the governors race). First time since Reconstruction that a republican will be gov.
It was a big time upset. NONE of the polls had Perdue ahead of Roy Barnes.
Perdue promised to put the new state flag to a referendum. (we know what that means, it'll be the old rebel flag voted back in for Georgia). It was so sad to see all the old state flags (the one with the rebel symbol) at Perdue's campaign headquarters last night. :rolleyes:

Max Cleland went down too.

The republicans even sent Tom Murphy packing. And he had been running the state legislature since forever.

I alsays though something was very fishy about this whole thing. I feel that no one on both sides are completely truthful you know. But that's my opinion.:(

Cleland and Barnes losing surprise me. I thought that they would win. But I hear that Barnes made some educators mad with his educational reform. Plus, I think that the Confederate Battle Flag is coming back to the Georgia flag. :mad: I saw those old Georgia flags at Perdue's acceptance speech.

I think it was a low blow what Chambliss did to Cleland on homeland security. Yet, he got away with it. Look at this. Toccoa's own Ralph Reed was very responsible for those republicans winning. He is 40. So he will be around for a while.

BTW a vote in the legislature in 1955 caused a changed in the flag. I do not remember reading about a referendum then.

Well EB,
Looks like she's back.
:shh:

McKinney poised for political return

By MELANIE EVERSLEY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

WASHINGTON -- Cynthia McKinney appears ready to try for a political comeback.

Records at the Federal Election Commission show that the former Democratic congresswoman from DeKalb County has begun filing paperwork that would allow her to run in her old 4th District seat, which she lost to fellow Democrat Denise Majette in the August 2002 primary. Majette went on to win the general election.

McKinney has filed a statement of candidacy for the 2004 House primary, and between Jan. 1 and March 31 reported more than $18,000 in operating expenses. She also listed a $657.35 donation from Georgia Power Co. to offset expenses.

Federal Election Commission records do not make it clear whether the expenses date from last year's campaign or are new.

McKinney -- who declined through a representative to be interviewed -- also continues to be touted as a possible presidential candidate for the environmental Green Party. Party members said McKinney, who served nine years in Congress, is second only to their 2000 nominee, Ralph Nader, as their choice for a presidential run.

Hugh Esco, a Georgia representative of the Green Party, said McKinney has not ruled out either political possibility. Esco, a former McKinney employee, said he believes a McKinney congressional run would depend on the outcome of a federal lawsuit several DeKalb County residents filed after her loss to Majette. The five DeKalb residents allege that crossover voting by Republicans in last year's primary -- a practice not prohibited under Georgia law -- violated the federal Voting Rights Act.

"What I've gathered from other Greens who have spoken for her is that she feels an obligation to seek that congressional seat if the federal courts find in favor of the plaintiffs who have brought the malicious crossover suit," Esco said.

When he last spoke to McKinney in person about two months ago, she seemed very "intrigued and excited" about becoming the potential Green candidate, he said. The organization will make a decision during its convention next spring.

While McKinney was in the U.S. House, she gained attention for taking stands that some voters found controversial, such as when, after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, she suggested that businesses with links to the White House stood a chance of profiting from the disasters.

But McKinney also received high marks from voters and organizations focused on assisting developing countries, protecting the environment and improving race relations. Since losing the election, she has been speaking out around the country for peace and against the war with Iraq.

Some who subscribe to the view that Republican crossover votes affected the outcome of the Democratic primary believe McKinney would have a good chance of defeating Majette in 2004. Among them is David Bositis, a senior researcher with the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a Washington think tank.

Bositis said that with at least two Republican candidates vying for the GOP nomination to replace retiring Sen. Zell Miller, Majette won't be able to rely on Republican support in the Democratic primary, whose winner is expected to sail through the general election in the heavily Democratic 4th District.

A post-election analysis by the Journal-Constitution, however, found that voters clearly identifiable as Republicans accounted for only about 3,000 of the ballots cast in the election, less than one-sixth of Majette's victory margin. Still, Charles Bullock, a political scientist at the University of Georgia who analyzed the contest, also found the vote was racially polarized, with McKinney drawing 83 percent of the African-American vote. Like Bositis, he predicts that a contested Republican primary in the Senate race could draw white Majette voters away from the Democratic primary next year.

"What Majette needs to be doing is getting out, courting in the black community, trying to broaden her coalition because she did so poorly in her community," Bullock said.

Majette, a former State Court judge in DeKalb County, said in a telephone interview from her Washington office that the numbers from the primary and the general election speak for themselves.

"I had 20,000 more votes than she did in the primary and won the district with 77 percent in the general election, and of course, it wasn't a district that was drawn for me. It was, in fact, one that she had input in having it drawn."

Majette said she is not worried about a rematch with McKinney. "I'm focusing my energy on doing what the people of the 4th District elected me to do and that is to bring home resources, like the $250 million I brought home in my first 100 days."

Well EB,
Looks like she's back.
:shh:

McKinney poised for political return

By MELANIE EVERSLEY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

WASHINGTON -- Cynthia McKinney appears ready to try for a political comeback.

Is she in a predominantly white or black district? I don't think she has much of a chance if she's not in a predominantly black district.

Back