Cougars notebook: Grambling's game remains mystery

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
Grambling State University has declined to trade game video with Washington State, and Cougars coach Bill Doba says that adds to the uncertainty of what his team can expect Saturday.

The Division I-AA Tigers (1-0) play WSU at 4 p.m. at Qwest Field.

Doba said he doesn't hold a grudge against Grambling coach Melvin Spears for declining to trade video of the Tigers' 44-0 opening win over Alabama A&M.

"I don't blame him," Doba said. "I wouldn't trade either. ... He's just trying to win a football game."

Grambling got a look at WSU last Friday night when the Cougars hammered Nevada 55-21 on ESPN. WSU and Grambling exchanged video of four games last season.

Big boys up front

Grambling's starting offensive line averages 326 pounds and is expected to be the biggest the Cougars face all season. Doba said the Cougars will have to "move our line and try to outquick them."

Another aspect of the Grambling team that concerns Doba is that it has 11 transfers from Division I schools.

Read the whole story

SAME OLD G said:
Grambling State University has declined to trade game video with Washington State and Cougars coach Bill Doba says that adds to the uncertainty of what his team can expect Saturday.

The Division I-AA Tigers (1-0) play WSU at 4 p.m. at Qwest Field.

Doba said he doesn't hold a grudge against Grambling coach Melvin Spears for declining to trade video of the Tigers' 44-0 opening win over Alabama A&M.

"I don't blame him," Doba said. "I wouldn't trade either. ... He's just trying to win a football game."

Grambling got a look at WSU last Friday night when the Cougars hammered Nevada 55-21 on ESPN. WSU and Grambling exchanged video of four games last season.

Big boys up front

Grambling's starting offensive line averages 326 pounds and is expected to be the biggest the Cougars face all season. Doba said the Cougars will have to "move our line and try to outquick them."

Another aspect of the Grambling team that concerns Doba is that it has 11 transfers from Division I schools.

Read the whole story

That's probally a lie the newspaper made-up.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

SAME OLD G said:
SoY, do you agree with this? I really would like for you all to win, but to stoop this low? And then Doba smacked you all on the sly. Talking about the only way to win is not to trade video tapes.

Blacknbengal said:
SoY, do you agree with this? I really would like for you all to win, but to stoop this low? And then Doba smacked you all on the sly. Talking about the only way to win is not to trade video tapes.

Dude, you act like this is something new and has never been done before.

SAME OLD G said:
Why is it a lie? Non-conference teams are not obligated/required to exchange video.
Hey I did not know that. But you know me, I'm the "conspiracy brotha".
But hey wait.. not so fast.if that being the case the writer should have stated that it is not required for non-conference teams to trade tapes. See! :smash:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
article said:

It doesn't say that WSU gave up film of last weeks game either. It says that they could've seen it on ESPN. Doesn't mean they did. But they did give them some last year film.

Bengal E said:
It doesn't say that WSU gave up film of last weeks game either. It says that they could've seen it on ESPN. Doesn't mean they did. But they did give them some last year film.

Any coach in his right mind would have someone tape a televised game of his next opponent.

I for one don't think that is lowly of Grambling not to trade film. You best believe that Washington State already knows enough about Gram. Plus it gives GSU a small edge in that maybe WSU doesn't know what to expect. They don't know what Big Baby is capable of so it may take a moment for them to adjust their game plan to GSU.

wbishop3 said:
I for one don't think that is lowly of Grambling not to trade film. You best believe that Washington State already knows enough about Gram. Plus it gives GSU a small edge in that maybe WSU doesn't know what to expect. They don't know what Big Baby is capable of so it may take a moment for them to adjust their game plan to GSU.

Say it again.

Back