Congratulations to Asia Banks - former Honey Bee

Olde Hornet

She danced for Lizzo on SNL and is in her latest video, About Damn Time :clap:
:clap:
:clap:

Honey Beez Alumna in ‘Big Grrrls’ TV Competition to Tour With Singer Lizzo​

Alabama State University Honey Beez alumna Asia Banks’ dancing talent can now be seen by millions on the small screen.

Banks is appearing on superstar Lizzo’s new reality competition show “Watch Out For The Big Grrrls” on Amazon. The show, which premiered on March 25, will run for eight episodes. Banks is competing against 10 other full-figured dancers for the honor of joining the ranks of the pop star’s backup dance team, Big Grrrls, for her upcoming world tour.

“This is one of my greatest moments,” Banks said. “It’s so surreal. I never thought I would dance outside of college. Being in rehearsals, I remind myself I made it! Getting through the audition phase was well worth it. I’m highly blessed.”

Banks had to record a four-minute video telling about herself and why she thinks she “deserves to be in Lizzo’s World.” She also had to submit a headshot and full-length photo “showing her own personal style,” plus a résumé or “comp card.”

The show, she noted, follows not just what dancers have to go through, but plus-size dancers as well. “The show is really groundbreaking.”

Last edited:

Back