Confederate Flag Coming Back To Georgia

Originally posted by Bartram
:lol:

Yes. The thing that I find so ironic about this is how Alabama always gets blasted for being "backwards" and such when it comes to this issue,

Or how they talk about Louisiana...we say fugg a Rebel Flag...we just ain't having it.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE

Or how they talk about Louisiana...we say fugg a Rebel Flag...we just ain't having it.

Lousiana is an enigma. It was one of the original "republican gard"/"fetaein" southern states in "the lost cause", but there is such a mixture of cultures in Louisiana that it's harder for the "dug in" rebel flaggers to dominate there. LA has such a heavy French/African/Indian influence which is LA's "identity", whereas most other southern states (esp Alabama, South Carolina,, two keystone CSA states, and MS, one of the most defiant, civil war battle-hardened states. the only state I can't figure is Virginia. They have re-written most of Civil War history and were the last stand of the confederacy, but they have no rebel flag issues/stigmas to deal with.) identify almost exclusively with "the lost cause", the CSA, and hence the rebel flag.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE

Agreed Nupe,

Our family of pelicans does just fine, thank you....lol

Originally posted by SwarmingHornet
Reading this, should I rethink relocating to the ATL from the Gump!!

I wish I could say yes,,,, but probably not, because, in less than 5 years I will predict, the rebel flag issue will become a central voter issue in Alabama/Montgomery using the MS and GA paradigmns. :rolleyes:

Georgia Avoids Flag Flap.

Apparantly the Georgia state legislators saved the state of Georgia from its idiot governor on this flag issue. Nice job Georgia legislators, props to you for heading this thing off before there was a chance of it going to the voters. Big business rules the day again in Atlanta/Georgia.

Back