Coach Sanders wants the knife removed from his back

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that kids are attracted to SEC schools right? And perhaps maybe, this may draw more participants to the camp? And with more participants (volume), means more opportunities to identify kids that you may not have been aware of! At the end of the day, this is about exposure for the kids as well as branding and recognition for Jackson State.

If we can get a good crop of kids that usually opt out of FCS for JUCO in hopes of getting an SEC offer, we will be doing damn good! With the extra Covid year backlog, transfer portal and the JUCO backlog, this could be the begging of something beautiful for HBCU's.

Bingo!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
REALLY? The Who is JSU and the what will be seen in due time!

VOR, please hear me out....

You and the JState fam are right.....a lot of us DON’T know what’s going on. That’s why I asked my questions.

I know Coach Sanders’ obligation and responsibility is to Jackson State and the team first, but he made a statement that suggested there are coaches (SWAC presumably) against him. He also suggested he’s All-SWAC/HBCU when it comes to better drafting, which includes all 12 of us. I see where he’ll (JSU) will host a camp, and I know it will be phenomenal! But we’ve all had camps.....and we’re still where we are.

I don’t know a lot about football, especially this side of the ball, but if Coach Sanders is in fact determined to bring change, reach out to the SWAC coaches (including BCCU and FAMU) and collectively meet with the Commish to get an idea as to go about this. Reach out to former SWAC coaches who’ve had players drafted. Reach out to the NFL scouts. There’s gotta be a starting point somewhere.

I’ve always loved his tenacity....but without the right focus and right people who CAN make this happen, without the proper planning, it could turn into another “Ice Cube thing”. And I don’t want to see that happen.

VOR, please hear me out....

You and the JState fam are right.....a lot of us DON’T know what’s going on. That’s why I asked my questions.

I know Coach Sanders’ obligation and responsibility is to Jackson State and the team first, but he made a statement that suggested there are coaches (SWAC presumably) against him. He also suggested he’s All-SWAC/HBCU when it comes to better drafting, which includes all 12 of us. I see where he’ll (JSU) will host a camp, and I know it will be phenomenal! But we’ve all had camps.....and we’re still where we are.

I don’t know a lot about football, especially this side of the ball, but if Coach Sanders is in fact determined to bring change, reach out to the SWAC coaches (including BCCU and FAMU) and collectively meet with the Commish to get an idea as to go about this. Reach out to former SWAC coaches who’ve had players drafted. Reach out to the NFL scouts. There’s gotta be a starting point somewhere.

I’ve always loved his tenacity....but without the right focus and right people who CAN make this happen, without the proper planning, it could turn into another “Ice Cube thing”. And I don’t want to see that happen.
Thanks you for your thoughtful question...let me 1st say, I'm not a huge fan of all the bravado with any coach and I have had the pleasure to be coached by a character or two. Deion has a method to his madness that not everyone can see from the outset, however it seems to work for him and I know its working for us (JSU). He's always in the marketing mindset and it may come across somewhat crass to those who have questions on his motive, but it has worked for him throughout his career. I'm from the school of everything you think doesn't need to be said or "written" for some folks on this board! :) He will have to learn that lesson as well.

The part about reaching out to other coaches, the Commish and the like, that's not his role. Those are the duties for Ashley and his team to facilitate any such communications and formulate a strategy for the conference. Deion's profile and persona can be one of the best things that has happened to this conference or one of the worst. Time will tell...

In order for one to truly asses how they are viewing Deion, they must first accept they are looking through a lens which include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, of factual information. Otherwise you are not being honest with yourself. In other words HATING!

Last edited:
Thanks you for your thoughtful question...let me 1st say, I'm not a huge fan of all the bravado with any coach and I have had the pleasure to be coached by a character or two. Deion has a method to his madness that not everyone can see from the outset, however it seems to work for him and I know its working for us (JSU). He's always in the marketing mindset and it may come across somewhat crass to those who have questions on his motive, but it has worked for him throughout his career. I'm from the school of everything you think doesn't need to be said or "written" for some folks on this board! :) He will have to learn that lesson as well.

The part about reaching out to other coaches, the Commish and the like, that's not his role. Those are the duties for Ashley and his team to facilitate any such communications and formulate a strategy for the conference. Deion's profile and persona can be one of the best things that has happened to this conference or one of the worst. Time will tell...

In order for one to truly asses how they are viewing Deion, they must first accept they are looking through a lens which include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, of factual information. Otherwise you are not being honest with yourself.
The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

I say this once again........In order for one to truly asses how they are viewing Deion, they must first accept they are looking through a lens which include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, of factual information. Otherwise you are not being honest with yourself. In other words HATING!

I appreciate NC A&T, but I honestly can't take them seriously!

They shunned their HBCU family and went to the Big South Conference!

They never really wanted to be identified as an HBCU, and their major focus was being accepted by the so-called majority!

A&T really didn't get on the HBCU and Celebration Bowl hype until it was forced down their throats by the respective members of the conference.

And now, they have the audacity to talk about advocacy? What can A&T advocate other than the same old tired mentality and rhetoric that has kept brown people in the same position for decades? The minute Dwight Man came calling, they obliged because that's where they wanted to be all along: to feel accepted by the perception that Dwight Man's competitiveness in a conference --which was built by white supremacy--was actually better?

Just can't buy it A&T! Instead of doing it for the culture, you did it to co-exist in Dwight's Man world!

Lol the white man huh

How many of these companies Deion going after black owned? Looks like he is asking the white man for money

How many NFL teams have Black owners ?

It's on only one Black GM and guess where he's from .....

So it looks like Deion is begging the white man to draft HBCU players to me. But hey

Lol the white man huh

How many of these companies Deion going after black owned? Looks like he is asking the white man for money

How many NFL teams have Black owners ?

It's on only one Black GM and guess where he's from .....

So it looks like Deion is begging the white man to draft HBCU players to me. But hey
Deny, deflect and divide. They taught you well at A&T! You still think Massa coming to save yall!

DAMN!! Why don't some of you just admit that You want Deion and JSU to fail miserably and just move on?...
Deion makes his own headlines. Why u upset that folks ate watching and commenting on the show

Why because we are amazed at his antics does that mean people want him to fail

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

In order for one to truly asses how they are viewing Deion, they must first accept they are looking through a lens which include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, of factual information. Otherwise you are not being honest with yourself. In other words HATING!

Thanks so much for reading my post and for responding. A lot of what you said makes sense.
I can see where a lot of people may be jealous of Coach Sanders’ status; you do so much for a school, have built up a nice bio over the years, and just when you think you have chance for a dream opportunity, BAM! An NFL HOFer swoopes in and snatches it.

But I also see how his name can be good for JSU and the Conference. I honestly believe he can do a lot for the SWAC and HBCUs; just think he needs understanding and a very strategic, detailed plan......and to stop listening to all the mess. 😊

Deny, deflect and divide. They taught you well at A&T! You still think Massa coming to save yall!
How does this pertain to the Professor's opinion of Deion's IG post? I'm about sick of the c**n and sellout comments. The last time that I checked, A&T won four out of the last five Celebration Bowls, grew to become the largest HBCU and 1890 land grant, and raised over $181,000,000 during our university capital campaign.

Who the f**k knew a conference change is selling out?

Good grief!

Last edited:
Sanders has a point with the NFL needing to do more, but nobody has a knife in his back. He needs to stop this narcissistic Trump bullshit and level with the coaches in the conference so they can iron out whatever issues they all have with him.

How does this pertain to the Professor's opinion of Deion's IG post? I'm about sick of the c**n and sellout comments. The last time that I checked, A&T won four out of the last five Celebration Bowls, grew to become the largest HBCU and 1890 land grant, and raised over $181,000,000 during our university capital campaign.

Who the f**k knew a conference change as selling out?

Good grief!
Touch a nerve?

I appreciate NC A&T, but I honestly can't take them seriously!

They shunned their HBCU family and went to the Big South Conference!

They never really wanted to be identified as an HBCU, and their major focus was being accepted by the so-called majority!

A&T really didn't get on the HBCU and Celebration Bowl hype until it was forced down their throats by the respective members of the conference.

And now, they have the audacity to talk about advocacy? What can A&T advocate other than the same old tired mentality and rhetoric that has kept brown people in the same position for decades? The minute Dwight Man came calling, they obliged because that's where they wanted to be all along: to feel accepted by the perception that Dwight Man's competitiveness in a conference --which was built by white supremacy--was actually better?

Just can't buy it A&T! Instead of doing it for the culture, you did it to co-exist in Dwight's Man world!
You'd better preach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back