CD Music Or Satellite Radio...

pbla

Focus
for traveling to the football games this season. I'm purchasing a satellite radio this weekend for my car. I love reggae music and Satellite radio has some has an excellent radio station.Another plus...no commercials.:jump:

You opened an interesting can of worms. Could you just imagine if the record industry added commericals to cds. The excuse being...to recoup revenue lost to illegal downloading off the internet.

I wonder how that would go over.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
pv_symbiotic said:
You opened an interesting can of worms. Could you just imagine if the record industry added commericals to cds. The excuse being...to recoup revenue lost to illegal downloading off the internet.

I wonder how that would go over.

That would be so messed up.

I have owned my 2003 Avalanche for 2.5 years now and it came with XM Radio free for the first 90 days. On day 91, I started paying for it and haven't stopped. I put a satellite radio in my wife truck for Christmas. The variety of stations is simply UNREAL. I once listened to a HBCU basketball game that was being played on the EAST COAST while traveling in Texas.

XM offers Sports (ESPN, ESPNNEWS, Fox, etc.), Major conference sports channels (SEC, Big12, Big10, etc.), weather, traffic, comedy, smooth jazz, real jazz. I'm hooked.

I haven't listened to a local radio station in 2.5 years. I haven't played a CD in my truck in 2.5 years.

Can I listen to Tom Joyner is the morning. I am a Tom Joyner addict! Other wise I am going to get me a satellite radio for my car. I will get Sirrus.

I would like to have some funny black morning radio shows in the morning to start my day. Satellite Radio doesn't have it.

Sirrius is going to be out of order with Howard Stern's Talk Show.

I'm so fed up with local radio (lack of songs, variety, commercials) in Houston I got into the CD burning business and that's all I listen to when driving.

but radio in general sucks now since companies like radio 1, etc. came and bought half the markets. I'm tired of commercials, the same 3 Maze Songs, etc...

I got stuff on CD that would blow these radio stations away...the best music were the one's that was deep into most artist's albums...

the band fan said:
I'm so fed up with local radio (lack of songs, variety, commercials) in Houston I got into the CD burning business and that's all I listen to when driving.

but radio in general sucks now since companies like radio 1, etc. came and bought half the markets. I'm tired of commercials, the same 3 Maze Songs, etc...

I got stuff on CD that would blow these radio stations away...the best music were the one's that was deep into most artist's albums...

It's sad that the state of BLACK radio has come to this.It's mostly self promotion and commercials. Of course the commericials pays the bills,but I think the Black radio community has forgotten the point about music,and that is ORIGINALITY. It's a constant battle for ratings and the POWER format is the same all across the nation for ALL urban radio stations because of SOUNDSCAN(I think that's what it called).

But it's sad to say but Satellite radio will become commercialize also.At one time cable TV was supposed to be commercial free,but when the majority of viewers started subscribing to cable,then that's when the Fortune500's began making offers to cable owners that they could not refuse. Money follows where the people are convene. That's the nature of the beast.

it's revenue driven now.....there are NO black stations in Houston who'll even get back into the less commercials more music format...it's 2 songs (2 of the same ol' songs at that) commercials....announcer speaks...another 2 boring songs all night long...

I'm going to complain on kmjq (102.1) website now

Back